💬 Review Rihanna - Loud Tour Live at the O2 Film (2012) by alexisdlamin

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,968 happy users since 2014.
Register

alexisdlamin

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Rihanna - Loud Tour Live at the O2 Film (2012)

Loud Tour Live at the O2 Film is a concert film by pop superstar Rihanna. The movie was released through iTunes and DVD on December 2012 in support of her 2010 album Loud. It features footage from three of the ten sold-out shows she played in Manchester stop of the tour, which coincidentally was the last stop of her tour.

Review:
In the concert film - and this can be said for all her shows as well - Rihanna does what she does best, and that is to showcase her levy of hits live. Granted she may not be the most talented out of her pop peers, such as Gaga and Beyonce, but she can hold her own with regard to production and showmanship. This concert movie is a perfect showcase for that. She moves through acts effortlessly and delivers solid performances for each of the numbers.

The setlist features her biggest chart smashes, such as Umbrella, Rude Boy, and Love The Way You Lie. This is a very well-balanced setlist as it not only included all the songs from Loud, but it also had space for at least one song from every album she'd released by that point. It felt very hit-laden as one can be a casual listener of her music, and still be able to sing along, because every single song in the setlist was successful chart-wise, to some degree.

The production of this tour and concert movie is grand, high budget, and very out-there. From the pink tank that spouts out air, the platforms & poles for S&M/Skin, and the car she lets her fans hit during Shut Up And Drive, you can tell that a lot of money was put into this, and it clearly paid off, as the show was a very out-of-this-world experience.

The movie is interjected with cuts of scenes featuring what Rihanna was working on at the time: her Armani collection, photoshoots, dealing with the paparazzi, and recording her next album, Talk That Talk. Normally I don't like footage like this in concert movies but on this specific one, it felt like a nice touch. It felt like we were coming into her world, showing us the insanity she goes through every single day with her crazy and jam-packed schedule. The scenes also provided a nice contrast from the glitz and glamor of the high-polish production and just let Rihanna the person shine, be herself, and show us who she truly was to an extent.

I love how there's something extra and special for each of the #1 hits of Loud for this tour: Only Girl (In The World) being the opener and having an elaborate disco ball-like set she comes out from, S&M's very sultry and BDSM-coded presentation, and the dance break in the middle of What's My Name. It doesn't translate to anything, but I loved details like this from her and her team.

Would you recommend this to other users? For die-hard Rihanna fans, this is definitely a career highlight for Rihanna, and I highly recommend that they watch this. Loud Tour Live at the O2 Film offers a great deal of what she was up to and going through at that time, and I know that enthusiasts of her music will really enjoy the content the movie provides. They'll also be able to catch onto certain clues and things she was working on at the time, like the filming of her commercials and shooting the We Found Love video sometime after filming the movie wrapped.

For casual listeners and non-fans, this movie is a good showcase of what Rihanna offers as an artist. The average person would be able to sing along and enjoy the songs on the setlist as all of the songs performed on the tour were fairly popular at least, and worldwide #1 hits at most.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐