💬 Review SLAMMED! by Wafflemaker66 by Wafflemaker66

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,746 happy users since 2014.
Register

Wafflemaker66

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: SLAMMED! by Wafflemaker66

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): SLAMMED! 1.3.7 Mod Menu Paid .apk

SLAMMED! is one of the first interactive fiction books published by Choice of Games, in which the player takes control of an amateur wrestler on their journey to reach the major leagues. At 250,000 words, the player will face many challenges of the wrestling world throughout their meteoric climb: be it dealing with the dirty politics of the backstage, or even with the other wrestlers themselves.

Review:
Let me preface this review by saying that I have been reading CoG and HG titles since 2015. In the years since then, I have never ceased to be amazed at the level of creativity and writing displayed by many of their authors. It is with this in mind that I am also ashamed to confess, that I have only recently gotten around to reading SLAMMED!

Although it had been recommended to me many times, the premise of the book never struck me as interesting, mostly because I have never been a fan of wrestling nor has it ever appealed to me. Despite that, I could see why people considered it one of the best CoG classics. Suffice it to say that I came looking for copper

and found gold.

SLAMMED! is a book that, at first glance, may seem uninteresting and bland. Going into it, one may be put off by the, in my opinion, slow pace of the first two chapters. However, the more I read, the more I became hooked on this masterful work by Paolo Chikiamco, enjoying every little twist and turn with an interest I have only felt for few other titles. And in the end, I was only disappointed that it had to end. SLAMMED! does what many other books fail to do, which is to get you hooked on the characters and have you constantly at the edge of your (metaphorical) seat to see where the story goes next. There are many great little plot twists and turns in the book that, in retrospect, might seem obvious, but through my first play through, absolutely managed to garner a real thrill in me. Through it all, the wrestling scene became a way to tell the story and drama between the characters rather than it being the main focus, specially with the plot involving the main character and their best friend/enemy. So If you are like me and have never found wrestling to be appealing, worry not - this book has something for everyone.

Finally, my only critique of this book, which is something more personal, would be some of its endings. In my opinion, I found some of them to be very abrupt and lacking closure with many of the character we met through the story (e.g, what happened to the MC's best friend/enemy after the match?). I also found some romances to be quite short, though satisfying. However, that is to be expected, as the author can only fill so much in 250,000 words. Regardless, I definitely recommend giving this book a try if you haven't yet, specially with KasamiGi's MOD Menu to make the story fit your narrative.

Would you recommend this to other users? 100% would recommend not skipping this title.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐