💬 Review SNES – Demon’s Crest by marcos563

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,020 happy users since 2014.
Register

marcos563

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the app you are reviewing: SNES – Demon’s Crest

You've heard of Castlevania, haven't you? You've heard of Megaman X too, haven't you? So Demon's Crest is a mix of the two, it might even be a stretch for me to say that, but many of the elements of the game are very similar to the two franchises I mentioned.

Review:
I can start talking about the story of the game, the game has an interesting plot, a little cliché, but interesting. The game tells us the story of a civil war in the demon realm, such war was provoked by the mysterious appearance of amulets in the demon realm, if the stones are gathered the bearer of them gains unlimited powers. Then the demon Firebrand, old acquaintance of the series Gargoyle's Quest which is a spin-off of another famous series: Ghosts'n Goblins, wins the civil war and conquers five of the six amulets. The last amulet was with a dragon, Firebrand even manages to beat him, but he leaves the fight very injured and ends up being stolen by another demon called Phalanx, only managing to keep a part of the fire amulet. That's where the game starts you in control of Firebrand hunting the other amulets and the other parts of the fire amulet. And this adventure is not just that, the game offers many varieties of other things to be found, strengthening your replay, other than that the game has four different endings, you can't complain about its replay. Let's get to the technical part, the graphics are very good, there are even some amazing scenarios, which despite sounding repeated giving that impression of “I've been here in this game”, are beautiful. The sounds remind me a lot of Castlevania and of course, they have to live up to the mystique that is the main feature of the game.

And so? Where does the game go? I can say that the game lacks in one aspect: it has VERY short stages, some of which you simply fly through. They reprized some bosses that sometimes gave out important items and sometimes just served as sausage stuffing. I don't complain about the game's difficulty, it's just right for those who like a challenge, at the same time it's simple to adapt. Another thing that testifies against Demon's Crest is the uselessness of certain things. There are so many things in the game that some are useless, and could easily be replaced by other nicer things, like other transformations, or better spells, or combinations, anyway, I can't say much, after all, the game already has almost 20 years of production…

For those who are fans of Ghosts'n Goblins and enjoy a platform full of mysticity, mysteries, impeccable exploration, strategic action and the best, a game that makes you crack your head to look for things, without making you lose your patience, or without you want to stop playing it, this game is Demon's Crest!

Would you recommend this to other users? yep

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐