So whats with the hate for darling and the franxx

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,690 happy users since 2014.
Register

Theworld

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
So recently I've watched an anime called darling and the franxx and I have to say I liked it,sure it had it's problems(some of the character felt underdeveloped, the werid alien twist and the last four episodes) but honestly I'd say its a solid 7/10 in my opinion but a lot of people really.didn't enjoy it for some reason hell I saw two video titles called in offense to episode 20 of darling and how it wrecked its world but I just don't find it as bad as a lot of people make it out to be so if someone could tell me what's with the hate I've appreciate it

JTG

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 5 years
atleast you could've written spoiler alerts -_- oh well

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
.....I think i'm just gonna quote someone for this...
Okay, so why? *ehem*
A very simple answer to this, before I get into it too deep is, the show sacrificed the story at the beginning to develop it’s characters, and while that might not be all that bad, it later, after the character conflicts were revolved, did a complete 180 and started to rush plot development which in turn resulted in the character’s involvement of the plot becoming boring.

At first the series started out relatively strong, with an interesting setting, cool cast, and tons of things to be explored. The main interest of the show however was 002 and the story revolving around her. While Darling in a Franxx had began to set it’s cast up with a bit backstory and start to develop each personality and problems, it had started to progressively leave more and more important details in the story out. The serious is notorious for it’s symbolism, and yet it could have used it throughout the whole show in replacement of having partial filler episodes to tell the story of the klaxosaurs instead of saving it for the end and rushing all the major plot points (APE).

__

Not everything about the show is bad, in fact, at the beginning, everyone was learning that the show’s main objective was to provide the audience with a character driven show and plot points on the side. This was through 002’s introduction as an astounding moment, with great character development through the whole series, having most watchers at the edge of their seat; even to the point where people began to riot about the series when the main relationship involving 002 in the series got interrupted; around episode 15 or so.
Dreadfully so, due to the quick resolution of the cast development after the main character conflict around episode 17–18 or so, the once character driven anime began to switch into a huge twisted story about the world and how it came to be, one that was insanely rushed to the point where us audience cannot make a real attachment to the world of Darling in a Franxx, but instead only the characters. And this is extremely bad considering, the characters are, actually, not very well written. Yes, they do have their nice backstory and explained problems, for example, the character development of Ichigo, Hiro and Mitsuru are no doubt amazing and well-written, however the way the characters develop are almost always in a serious and/or depressed setting, and none of them (except 002) have any special quirk that defines them apart from their own individual problems. 002 does break this however, having her moments of happiness, anger and sadness, we come to truly understand her, but even she isn’t enough to save the series as a whole.

Also, point that needs to be addressed is, a well written character does not equal good character. The cast itself isn’t the most lovable cast due to their wide range teenage problems and the fact that they are going through puberty, and while they can be relatable, they often act rash and selfish resulting in various upsets from the audience.

So to answer your question as to why people hate Darling in a Franxx? Most people don’t hate the story, or the characters. It’s the way the director planned the series and introduced the characters. While this can be said with every anime, it’s especially true with this one, Darling in a Franxx had tons of potential but simply was ruined because of it’s bad directing.
So yeah....*shrug*

K3ngo95

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I will let you know that!
I will let you know that small birds don't travel alone.
I will let you know that alone is not meant you don't have family or friends.
I will let you know that fishes can be eaten raw without dipping sauce.
I will let you know that pasta is not a noodle it's a spaghetti.
I will let you know that ball is not for sports only but can be use as a floater.
I will let you know that bread is not made from wheat but in stone.
I will let you know that burger is not a sandwich it's a whopper.
I will let you know that salad is not a food but a roman emperor.
I will let you know that anime is not a show it's a manga.
I will let you know that Spongebob is not a sponge he is a Cheddar cheese.
I will let you know that underwear is not from under its from the where.
I will let you know that hitler is not a human because he is made from Spam.
I will let you know that money is not a paper it's a power.
I will let you know that batman is not a bat but a man wearing pajamas.
I will let you know that ice is not made from water because it made from cream.
I will let you know that!

MimiKawaii

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
(just my opinion) Its probably because its kinda lewd.. *but i still liked the series, i just ignore them*, hiro being depressed when 02 is gone and its a bit like a messy series for me but everyone have their own opinion, (i still liked darling in the franxx) :kissdroid:

Icantthinkofgoodname

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
what is the name of this anime?
its been ages since the last time i watch anime in 2012 i remember the last anime i was watching was SAO oh wait no zero no tsukaima.

MimiKawaii

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
uhmm no, its like a man liked a girl and the girl doesn't like him(at first but at the end they liked each other)and another girl liked the man, i guess its a harem... btw darling in the franxx is a science fiction romance (you can just search what is darling in the franxx or what type of anime is it am tired of typing :sleepingdroid:)

Icantthinkofgoodname

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
uhmm no, its like a man liked a girl and the girl doesn't like him(at first but at the end they liked each other)and another girl liked the man, i guess its a harem... btw darling in the franxx is a science fiction romance (you can just search what is darling in the franxx or what type of anime is it am tired of typing :sleepingdroid:)
you know u don't need to reply on that I'm just testing people if they are going to engage on conversation or not and there u are hahaha i got u there Lol.

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Who tests people out to see if they engage in conversation? Am I missing something?

To answer your question, I've heard of darling in the franxx, never watched it, but I'm aware of the hate around it, and it's pretty much like what Hans said.