Something to tell the future artists

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,903 happy users since 2014.
Register

Gentoro47

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hello (*´∇`)ノ,

It me ya guirl gentoro back at it again with somemore threads will it be controversial or will it be something simple? You will never know with me hahaha, my adhd brain be like this 24/7 9 times out of the year hahahaha.

I want to hear from other artists out there in this universe we share;

1.what would you'd liked to have known before becoming an artist in your line of practice?
2.what is one thing you do that is like a hobby for you but is actually another type of artistic inclined gift you posses?
3.What helped you get out of your "no show art" phase if you had one.
4.what is your goto thing to draw when just in the mood or need to get into the mood?
5.who is that one artist that you look up to for inspiration or guidance whether they are alive or dead, popular or not.

My answer,
1. Well I don't necessarily have line of practice I stay in, I kinda go from place to place hoping to revisit each topic as I swing back to it. Due do my adhd I can't stay in one place for long so I have several categories I fall in from digital art on my computer to Tridional art on paper. I do have to say that I would tell future me to breathe and try to break our perfectism cycle, just because it did come out right or we don't have enough time to finish the piece don't mean it bad that just means when can come back to it. That's the reason we take such detailed notes while making piece by piece so we don't feel like we left one behind.

2. I write, rather it be stories or poems. I like to make worlds up in my head and write out their blue prints in hope one day I come back to them and relive the imagination that I once possessed with it. Writing helps me feel like u got everything out I don't write like point a to b then c to d. I write more like a to b but don't forget g and f but also k and L, lol. I would give my stories that I would rewrite that way it looked presentable and not like a ruffed draft and would give them to my english teacher to read because one day I was not doing what I was supposed to do as usual and she called me to the front to read my story "I have been fixated on all day", her words not mine. I read the story, which reluctantly was the third draft to it so it was well organized, it was about a girl who lost her wings due to wanting to see her lover once more in heaven but she wasn't in heaven so her wings were ripped from her back and she was casted out of heaven. Her lover who was supposed to be in heaven was actually on earth too but she did know that till she wondered the earth for 36 more years see her lover kissing another woman in their old age she was furious but saw how she loved the other human. The angel looking at all she saw while on earth made her something else, something better then herself from the beginning. She finally understood emotions and what being alive really ment to a soul. Is was deep my teacher had tears and the class was just surprised I had a big vocabulary because I did really act smart, if I did then people would want to talk to me and I am not good with normal people. My school was populated with the normals 😰. The lover faked her death do win or get something a bet probably I would have to find the story it's been so long.

3. Unfortunately I had the " I don't want to show my art to anyone" phase while in high school. I lived in a small town, if your not red your dead and so was your opinion on anything. So I stuck to myself I also wasn't born there so that helped with my alienation from my piers. I didn't show my work mostly cause when I did my relatives would say how amazing it was grabbing it from my hands and looking through my whole sketchbook, it had some I didn't want them to see but they insisted. Those were mostly body anatomy I was practicing with thanks to pentrest and other platforms that had good reference. I also had some critical thinking projects in there that was personal due to my home life but they still showed them off to the entire church. The pastor at the time for youth that I was in made it uncomfortable for me to do so as well because he would be little me for drawing with my left hand say it was the devils I was so good at it. Context: my art at age 7 and up was actually really good like scholar worthy good and am not trying my own horn, and the left hand in most cultures are known as the bad hand unclean hand ect. But to get back to rolling the person that got my out of my shell was a friend I met while in my last year's of high school she told me her story about how her friend was shy and now posts her art on Instagram like her. I didn't really, understand social media at the time cause I liked living under my rock with my books and records. She helped me set up all these social media profiles and helped me take photos of my art just right and now I post my art on social media platforms to help with my social anxiety. She showed me how to fight back to haters and mean or inappropriate people on the platforms and now I apply them to real life too now and I feel like a queen walking the runway as slow or fast as she dang well pleases👸

4. To get into the mood or just bored I will draw eyes. Emotion filled eyes to be exact, ones that, see fear or when you see the last piece of cheesy pizza and it the best one, lmao. I like to draw emotions because I didn't really understand them myself. Emotions are something I struggle with daily so I did it to help better understand the facial structure of the upper face. I'd say I am doing better doing it because my friends don't have to tell me how they are feeling anymore I can tell just by looking at their eyes and eyebrows 😋 I also draw clothes because I love fashion from the runways to the street fashion I see from around the world. I have a bad habit of staring at people passing by looking judgemental but I really don't meant to I am just seeing how they would, look as a art piece especially when it's someone that has a resting bitch face or a confident look I just want to take a photo of them and draw till my fingers ache, they are so coool~

5.the artist I looked up to was David Bowie. I loved his way of thinking and how he did thinks unapologetically himself. I loved his Ziggy Stardust phase it was my favorite. He also had heterochromia which I have it too and was very self conscious of it due to the others calling me cat eyes or evil witch. Funny enough I am looking into being a practitioner so their predictions weren't so off. I like most Victorian age designs now though, but I like them whewhen, I was little too but it grew into I firing love now. I just love how they drape across the page as if nothing can bother them, and how some artist draw men looking more feminine presenting I love that look on some because I can't find enough references of that type of art without it being over exaggerating to the point of it being a kink, I understand if you like that but some just want the art to learn from not lust over in a heated wank in your room.

These are so long I feel like I didn't even share enough to give y'all a good idea of me 🤣.

Do not be disrespectful to others on this thread I just want to get to know others and make friends that are also artist. I would love to hear your words and answer any questions you have for me i look forward to reading the replys.

Till we meet again,
Gentoro your friendly neighborhood crackhead
(I don't really do crack🤭😝)

RoninX

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
Uh, well, Ronix here, some of you may already know me for my actual name Adrian, so well let's get this show started.

1.what would you'd liked to have known before becoming an artist in your line of practice?
2.what is one thing you do that is like a hobby for you but is actually another type of artistic inclined gift you posses?
3.What helped you get out of your "no show art" phase if you had one.
4.what is your goto thing to draw when just in the mood or need to get into the mood?
5.who is that one artist that you look up to for inspiration or guidance whether they are alive or dead, popular or not.

1. I would like to start saying that I don't really consider myself as a proper artist or anything, I just do what I like to do because I honestly love to do it, it makes me feel at peace with myself that's it. I don't really have just one thing, I have done a lot in the years passed by, I have done some graffiti, I have drawn, for some period I did some woodburning projects, also I love to write, even when I don't really show most of my stuff, and I would really love to learn a lot more like instruments that I'll love to learn to play and another bunch of stuff that just comes up to my mind.

2. Err... I kinda answer that on the previous one so, I'll skip this one. XD

3. Well, a lot actually, but I'll stick to the most important one, when I was in my late high school years I was most of the time reading and drinking my nights away with a bunch of the craziest friends that you could ask for, It was a relieve because I was not a very popular guy, to begin with and we always had fun no matter what that was our prime motivation, anyway, one day one of them actually started to play D&D ( Yeah I know nerd right? Did I mention that they were crazy? XD) so we got this boar and all, quite impressive for someone that couldn't find his own shoe, and we started playing it, we first went with online written stories, but one day one of them said something like " Hey guys, why don't we write our own story" and just like that every eye in the room, dog included, got locked on me, XD, the thing is I had written some stuff before, but never showed it to anyone, at all, but they saw me writing and got curious, looking back it all seems to be one of their stupid plans to get to actually read some of my stuff, no need to say that I spent like a week on that, and they actually left me to it, this girl that used to hang with us acted like the judge and proofreader, if se didn't liked I was back to score one, the most bada&# editor i ever had, XDXD, and came up with what my idiot friends called an awesome yet too girly oriented story, LOL, anyway we played and writed like that for quite some time, afer that I used to show anything I did to them and i guess that aloud me to get out of the "no show" phase.

4. Mmm quite interesting question, the thing is, my hook is actually music, I'm always listening to music, I just love it, I was basically born with AirPods on my ears, I liked it so much that I learned English and keep on learning other languages, some better than other I confess, just to be able to understand it, but when I feel like drawing I always had a thing for landscapes, I suck at it, I can do other things way better, but that's the first thing I try every single time, I dunno, It's just something about a view of that far away horizon that gets me every time.

5. One artist, well if I have to narrow it down to one I'll say Bob Marley (father) he wasn't perfect I know, but his way of seen the world, man, if there were more people like him, this world will be a way better place I tell you, the anecdote that impressed me the most was this one: He suffered an attack just a within days of one of his concerts and was wounded by gunshots in the chest (very close to the heart) and an arm, his wife Rita in the head, Lewis Griffith in the stomach and manager Don Taylor was also hospitalized for crossing the line of fire. Fortunately, they were completely recovered after some time. Two days after the attack, Marley mounted the stage and sang. When asked why, he said, “People who are trying to make this world worse don't take a day off, how could I? Illuminates the darkness" Bada%^ right?.

Gentoro47

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I absolutely love this so so so so much! Thank you and I see we have somethings in common that's so cool! I hope we can talk again unfortunately I am bussy being sick and can't look at a screen for too long or I get e en more sick but I hope you have a great day!!!! 🤘 until we meet again

RoninX

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
I absolutely love this so so so so much! Thank you and I see we have somethings in common that's so cool! I hope we can talk again unfortunately I am bussy being sick and can't look at a screen for too long or I get e en more sick but I hope you have a great day!!!! 🤘 until we meet again
Sure thing, I'll love to chat with you, please take care and get better, have a great day you too, Until we meet again. 🤘