💬 Review Spencer (2021) by NoUsernameYe

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,318 happy users since 2014.
Register

NoUsernameYe

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Spencer (2021)

Diana decides to spend Christmas with the Royal family at Sandringham. But the pressure on her back keeps getting heavier and heavier. During her 3 days with the family, Diana has multiple hallucinations and ends up seeing Anne Boleyn's ghost.

Review:
I know this summary might be confusing, especially the part with Anne Boleyn, but again, I don't want to give a lot of spoilers.

First of all, I want to say that I QUITE liked the film. Keep in mind, I didn't say I liked it though. But there was one thing that I absolutely have to say. I don't know why, but for me, it felt like a short film. The movie is actually 115 minutes long, but for me, it felt like one hour or even less😄. Maybe because there is a big lack of words. I mean, if I had to count how many characters had at least ONE line, there would be about 8. But some of them have literally said 5 words.

I liked the film because of how it was filmed. It was a very horror style, which I enjoyed. The shots, the music and the scrips felt how to say...scary at some points. The set was also quite accurate and yes, they actually filmed it at a castle. I'm not sure about the wig (which was terrible) and outfits though.

But when it comes to history, my favourite, well it's hard to describe. Because of how the film was made, it's hard to analyse in detail. There aren't a lot of facts that can be checked and except for the outfits, we don't really know much. But I've actually checked some things I found in the movie and most of them are true.

Btw Maggie, one of the main characters is completely made up. Although she's fake, she was still inspired by memories of the staff. And yes, Diana really used to talk to the kitchen members and she did use to take her kids to fast food. And yes, the Royal family really do open their presents before Christmas.

As you can see, there are quite a lot of things that are true, but in reality, the film is still pretty much made up. But the acting is quite good as well, I mean Kristen Sward NAILED that British accent. And Jack Farthing's impression of Prince Charles is BRILLIANT.

In conclusion, I give this an 8 out of 10 for drama. But for the actual film maybe a 6, because like I said, it just felt like a short film

Would you recommend this to other users? I think you should watch it once, just to see what was about, but otherwise don't. It's not happening much and there are a lot more films about Princess Diana which are better and more accurate.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

Kenobin

SB Cartel Max Level
From the Hell
✌️ Community Team
☠️ Pirate
Special Guest
🎮 Testing Team
Verified 18+ user
⭐ Unlimited Access ⭐
Member for 1 year