Staff Teams Application (Updated 6/12/2022)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,929 happy users since 2014.
Register

CruelAngel

Gaming Fanatic Extraordinaire
Active User
Member for 5 years
Here goes nothing

1. What would you like us to call you?
Angel or Pixy is fine.

2. How long have you been a member of the SBenny Site?
2 years though I would only count about 5 months of those in this regard.

3. What interests you about becoming part of one of the Staff Teams?
Honestly. I just want to help people however I can.

4. Which position interests you most (Core Staff Team, Community Team, or MOD Tester Team)?
Community Team Member

5. Have you ever worked in a forum setting before? What was your role and what was expected of you?
I haven't though I am eager to learn

6. Describe the toughest team you had to work with. What made it tough? How were you able to work with the rest of the group?
It was a while ago and they always demanded too much. They wanted things done the way they wanted even though it wasn't in my hands.

7. Based on your experience, describe a situation in which you identified a problem and took action to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do so. What was the problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?
This might not fit here but a while ago, I totally messed up my phone by installing the wrong ROM. I was gonna send it to a team to fix it but decided I will try to fix it myself. Long story short, after hours of banging my head against the wall, I was able to bring back normal functionality to my mobile.

8. Please describe the best leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a good leader? What did you learn from them?
I think the ones I currently work with them fit this role. They aren't harsh but will reprimand when I make a mistake. They require us to do our best but are also very fair when it comes to the work we do. I have learned to push myself but always have a way out I'm case everything becomes too much to handle.

9. Please describe the worst leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a horrible leader? What did you learn from them?
It was a few years back. The person I worked under was rude and did not respect woman at all seeing them as objects. I will not go too much into it but I learned to stand up for myself when the situation demands.

10. How would you handle undeserved criticism from a superior?
I will respect their opinion. After all, this is the Internet. People don't really have a filter online so it is best to listen and understand where they are coming from but not taking everything to heart.

11. How do you cope with stress on a regular basis?
I blare loud music and dance my problems way.

12. A big part of working on the Staff Team involves the ability to communicate effectively within a team setting. What does working on a team look like to you?
An effective team consists of people who see themselves as equals and are willing to listen rather than reject you outright. However it goes both ways.

13. Are you willing to join Viber (either on PC or on your phone) and join the chat associated with the team you are applying for?
Of course, That is totally fine.

14. About how much time do you think you would be able to dedicate to the responsibilities that come with being part of the team? Would you be able to check in daily?
Checking in daily is not a Problem for me (I need to do that anyway to get my daily reward) And even when I am not participating actively, this forum tab is always open unless I am sleeping.

15. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a leader’s instructions or point of view. What did you do?
Well, I couldn't do anything since they were my boss. I might be an opinionated individual hut sometimes you have to let things go.

16. Please describe a time that you failed to complete a task or goal. What did you learn from that experience?
That I have to stop striving for perfection, it is impossible and it only hurts me.

17. What is one thing you really like about the way the site is currently set up?
I honestly love all the diversity and getting to know people from all places, it is a great hub for like minded people!

18. What is one thing you really don’t like about the way the site is currently set up?
Honestly, nothing jumps out to me currently in this regard.

19. If you were to join the team, what is one thing that you feel that you can bring to the table to help better the team and the SBenny Community as a whole?
My sarcastic sense of humor! Jokes aside I just wanna help people just as all the team members have helped even when I am asking dumb question.

20. Do you have any questions for us?
So what drink should I bring for the earliest gathering after the pandemic?

I hope I answered all your questions! Have a nice day!

KymForGo

Just a Blob
Member for 3 years
Before I send in anything, is there an age limit on taking the application? If so, what ages are allowed to participate?

KymForGo

Just a Blob
Member for 3 years
Kym or any Nickname you can give me 😆

8 Months 🤩

To help this community grow and be part of it! 😊

4. Which position interests you most (Core Staff Team, Community Team, or MOD Tester Team)?
All 3 👀

5. Have you ever worked in a forum setting before? What was your role and what was expected of you?
Yes, I have(If discord moderator counts). I mostly answer questions, greet members, or modify swears 😮

6. Describe the toughest team you had to work with. What made it tough? How were you able to work with the rest of the group?
The toughest one would've been a difficult school project that I had to do in Senior High. I was paired up with the troublemakers group of our school and being the only nerdy one in the group, I was the only one who could do the project, but I couldn't do it alone because of how difficult the subject was. Our teacher as well told us that if the group won't participate all together, we won't receive any points, in which terrified me. I tried convincing them multiple times but it ended up being a useless effort. I had to stay up two nights to get it done before the deadline, when the time came, I presented, and at the end, I told my teacher that they wouldn't participate no matter what I did. They ended up getting no points and I got extra points for doing it all on my own. That was the most difficult one I experienced (〒﹏〒)

7. Based on your experience, describe a situation in which you identified a problem and took action to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do so. What was the problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?
The Problem = It was the time when it was a pop quiz test and my teacher put in all the wrong questions as it was not what was discussed. I realized that all those questions were a different topic from a different class, I knew she wrote the wrong ones and all my classmates were afraid since they don't know a single thing about the questions. Since my teacher was away for a meeting, she couldn't re-write the questions. What I did = I decided to take the step and write the correct questions, erasing everything from the board. My classmates were shocked at first but they didn't say anything about it and just answered the questions I put on the board. Outcome = When our teacher came back, she was explained of everything by my classmates and gave us bonus points because of writing questions that was supposed to be from another class. 😄

8. Please describe the best leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a good leader? What did you learn from them?
I'd say my mother since she was the one who guided me, taught me, and scolded me of many things I learned today. She taught me confidence, responsibility, resourcefulness, cleanliness, and patience. 😊

9. Please describe the worst leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a horrible leader? What did you learn from them?
It was a group leader from a computer project I had to participate in. She was assigned as the leader by our teacher, but she did absolutely nothing! Me and the rest of the group did the whole thing and she never once joined us! She didn't even tell us what to do and then she took all the credit when we finished it! We kicked her off the group once she took the credit and didn't even do anything. 😤

Usually, I'd just brush it off and just forgive them, thinking they had a bad day or something. Although if it continues, I'd report them. 🧐

Rest. Rest. Rest. Rest Rest Rest. I'd just sleep to calm my nerves, or clear my mind. If it becomes becomes overwhelming, I'd shut myself off for a few hours to recover. 😗

12. A big part of working on the Staff Team involves the ability to communicate effectively within a team setting. What does working on a team look like to you?
I think it's helping each other out and communicating with each other! Giving each others opinions while being open-minded and listening and being understanding to one another. 🤩

13. Are you willing to join Viber (either on PC or on your phone) and join the chat associated with the team you are applying for?
Yes, I already have Viber! I just need to wait to join the chat. 😁

14. About how much time do you think you would be able to dedicate to the responsibilities that come with being part of the team? Would you be able to check in daily?
Yes, I'll be able to check in daily and give 3-17 hours of my time every day. Depending what situation I am in irl! 😌

15. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a leader’s instructions or point of view. What did you do?
I confronted him in a group meeting, saying there are more cons than pros when doing his solution and suggested a different solution that would have more pros than cons. 👍 👎

16. Please describe a time that you failed to complete a task or goal. What did you learn from that experience?
It was an art project that I failed on. I depended on my group so much that I barely did my part thinking they were best at doing it and I won't need to do anything. It ended up as a disaster and the painting looked horrible. I learned that I shouldn't been so lazy, to manage my schedule, and to be responsible to my part of the bargain. 👌

17. What is one thing you really like about the way the site is currently set up?
The way how it's so well-organized and having so many options for so many things! 😲

18. What is one thing you really don’t like about the way the site is currently set up?
The way how many people are able to exploit the system 😔

19. If you were to join the team, what is one thing that you feel that you can bring to the table to help better the team and the SBenny Community as a whole?
Anything I can contribute! All the way from managing a section to being part of a team! I believe I can help in many things for the Community and I'll definitely be able to do more, the more I learn! 😄

None that I can think of for the time being 🤔 but I believe I'll have some questions the more experience I have and the more I learn!

Last edited:

the0neTM

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
Hi everyone!
I'm the0ne, this is my second time at here i was here in the beginning of this Forum long time ago.
Sbenny is a cool and a nice guy, he created a forum which is very unique.
Well, i already was a Staff Team Member at here and i would join back to be a Staff Member again but this time would remain here because sbenny has changed a lot here and it looks very great!

As Moderator i would help, protect and keep clean this forum to make it a better place and a unique experience for everyone.

I bring many experience as Moderator because i was a Senior Moderator in other Plattforms.
I'm familiare with the Rules, and i'm Online almost everyday.

My Languages is German/Turkish and English.

MattJones

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
What would you like us to call you? MattJones or Matt

How long have you been a member of the SBenny Site?
I have been here for 4 years now.

What interests you about becoming part of one of the Staff Teams? I am on here everyday, so I though I could make use of my time helping within the community.

Which position interests you most (Core Staff Team, Community Team, or MOD Tester Team)? The Community Team aspect really grabs my attention, MOD Testing Team and Core Staff Team.

Have you ever worked in a forum setting before? What was your role and what was expected of you? I have not work in the environment before, but I am keen to learn.

Describe the toughest team you had to work with. What made it tough? How were you able to work with the rest of the group? I used to be a bailiff, I had to organize which members of staff would attend which property. If I sent the wrong member to a house, then complications could arise. This was tough as some employees were to keen to get the job done and would handle the situation incorrectly.

Please describe the best leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a good leader? What did you learn from them? The best leader was my General Manager. He could inspire the worse of people to get the job done right. If I learnt anything from him, it was how to talk to people the right way. You get more done then.

Please describe the worst leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a horrible leader? What did you learn from them? The worse leader I had was my manager I had before my promotion. He would just bark orders at team members and if you did not meet your targets, then you were in trouble. He would not care for the company's policy and think that his way of dealing with things was the best. He didn't last long after that and that's when promotion came my way. Just talking to people as you wish to be talked to helps allot.

How would you handle undeserved criticism from a superior? Well if it is undeserved I think I would point it out. Maybe have a private conversation and try to explain my side of the situation.

How do you cope with stress on a regular basis? Watch a film or listen to music.. big part of working on the Staff Team involves the ability to communicate effectively within a team setting.

What does working on a team look like to you? As long as everyone communicates with each other then the team will function great.

Are you willing to join Viber (either on PC or on your phone) and join the chat associated with the team you are applying for? I have never used that software, but if it is required then yes.

Tell me about a time you disagreed with a leader’s instructions or point of view. What did you do? I raise my query with them. They listened to my point of view and they explained why they thought my point was invalid. He did have more experience than my self in the situation.

Please describe a time that you failed to complete a task or goal. What did you learn from that experience? I failed to complete a task that was handed to me from my General Manager, I learnt that managing my time better was the answer.

What is one thing you really like about the way the site is currently set up? The ad situation at the moment. It seems to cover some parts of the forum. I think sbenny is already on the case though.

What is one thing you really don’t like about the way the site is currently set up?
It can be a bit jumpy on the mobile app.

If you were to join the team, what is one thing that you feel that you can bring to the table to help better the team and the SBenny Community as a whole? I think I can bring myself. I'm on here most of the day so extra time management for you.

Do you have any questions for us?
Not at this moment.

Last edited:

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Hi I would be interested in joining as a moderator and will try to do the best I can to help colleagues and friends and staff
Hey there, Thank you for taking interest in joining our staff team. Kindly reply to this thread with a proper application with all the questions answered as described in the first post of this thread.

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
agarriberri is fine. Short, easy, and to the point.

2. How long have you been a member of the Sbenny Site?
2 years, nearing 3 at the end of the year.

I'm at the forum every day, precise like a Swiss clock. Using that idle time doing something productive on the forum would be more beneficial.

4. Which position interests you most (Core Staff Team, Community Team, or Mod Tester Team)?
Community Team.

Although I have frequented many forums over the years, I have never been in a position of authority before.

I work at a high-profile clothing store in the local mall where I live. Being entrusted as the assistant manager, I deal with the rest of the staff and direct them on what do to and how to deal with the clients. The clientele is wealthier than usual, demanding more attention and decorum than normal, so it's imperative that we work like a well-oiled machine. However, some of the employees had a different notion of discipline and preparedness than I had. Knowing that, I asked permission from the manager to do a slide show on how to better handle the clients. I needed a few more sessions to really make it stick, but I was commended afterwards for making the store work better overall.

So as I mentioned earlier, the store I work in is for wealthy people, in general. However, we can't just rely on the occasional person to enter the store, as that is not a sustainable model; the more, the merrier. What I noticed was that "normal people" looked at the store's windows, glanced at the exorbitant prices and then moved on. As the assistant to the manager, I have some leeway in how to conduct the store as he is a busy man. So I directed the other employees to take around 70% of the expensive clothes on display and change them with more affordable clothes, with a better price for middle-class folks, while still keeping the odd luxury suit to catch the eyes of the wealthy. After a few weeks, I noticed that some people, instead of just glancing at the windows, started entering the store and taking a look around. Overall, that ended up bringing a few more clients than usual. A modest amount, but enough to validate my strategy.

Without a doubt, my boss. He has a knack for administration and numbers. I would say that what makes him a good leader is that he is harsh but fair. He rules the store with an iron grip and doesn't tolerate unruliness. As he said to me: "The employees are a mirror to the store". What did I learn from him? Discipline, hierarchy and rules are there for a reason.

My high school math teacher. I had a teacher that, not unlike my boss, demanded discipline and respect from her students. However, unlike him, she didn't apply the rules equally. She had favorites and it showed. What ended up happening is that this created resentment against her and her favorites, and slowly but surely she lost control of the class as the year passed. What I learned from her? Don't be underhanded.

Over the years, I have learned that talking back and trying to argue with someone, especially a superior, that approaches you with their mind already made up is futile. It may not appear so, but I don't like to fight. Normally, I just try to understand where they are coming from, take the brunt of the criticism, and move on.

Mainly with Sara and my family. I also chat a lot on the forum so that takes my mind off whatever issue I have at the moment. Gaming, music, politics, and history are also passions of mine.

Communication is key. Everyone needs to know what their responsibilities are, and those responsibilities need to be as clear as possible. Everyone has a part to play in a hierarchy and the more transparent that part is, the better it can be held accountable.

Of course. I already use Discord for testing stuff.

Yes. Checking in daily is definitely within my reach. When I return to work and start studying I might have to skip a day or two, but nothing that would jeopardize my commitment.

Rarely do I voice my disagreements in real life to my superiors, but when I do, I always do it privately. It's important not to undermine the leader's authority in front of others. One of those times was when my boss decided to eliminate our lunch break and instead pay us for that time. This practice is illegal here and while I tried to warn him in private, he completely disregarded it. A few weeks later, someone contacted the union and they intervened. I don't know what the union leader and he discussed in private, but he ended up giving us our lunch break back. Regardless, he tried to skirt the law, I warned him, and he went ahead anyway. I would say he learned his lesson that day.

In high school, I and some other students were divided into groups to make a project. In my group, everyone had a specific task to make, including buying the necessary things for the project. However, at the time, I had some personal issues and ended up not doing anything at all, which ended up hurting us a lot. What I learned was that trust is hard to build but easier to squander. Just like a porcelain vase, once broken, you can try to glue every piece back together, but it will never be the same again.

The SB point system. I think it gives an incentive for users to be productive on the forum. In short, you give to Sbenny, Sbenny gives you back.

The forum is big and has a lot of sections and subsections, which can be overwhelming for a new user. Some of us who are already old sheep can navigate at lightning speed, but there is a certain learning curve in regards to all the features the site has. I still get surprised sometimes.

Huge amount of available time, openness to learning, dutiful observance of the rules, high willingness to interact with users and generate activity on the chat, professionalism when dealing with serious matters.

Not really. I think I can know the gist of how things work.

Last edited:

Ishiharaa

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 2 years

Ishihara

3 months XD

I like to help out people whenever they need. Like I have always done during the time I teach English and Excel classes. Specially when they were adults, that have a lot of difficulty on learning new processes, so that's what I like to do. And I wouldn't mind trying to explain the same thing as many times are possible. Since I like to play games a lot, and know new things, being a tester would allow me to test many other new games, and experience new things.

4. Which position interests you most (Core Staff Team, Community Team, or Mod Tester Team)?

Mod Tester at first. If I have more time, I'll surely apply for another position.

No, never had interest until I met SBenny Forum.

I experience this every semester on the university. People are always lazy, and I dont like to make "new irl friends", so I always get the worse groups, and people don't do the things that are expected to do. To get through this inconvenient, I first try solve the problem with a little chatting, try to understand the routine of the person, and the objectives. This works every semester, but its not effective with all persons of the group. There are always one to "disobey". So, to overcome this kind of situation, I'll talk to this specific person, and say "we are all looking at the same objective at the end of the university, if you don't want to collaborate, I will not help you." and this solves the rest xD

1 month After I joined my current job, my bosses and co-workers went out for the december vacations, and I had little experience with my current work, so I had nobody to look for help (Since its the end of the year, there is no problem on everybody going out for vacation at the same time). E-mails were pinging into my inbox, and I had so much work to do. And then, after I finished my stuff, I began helping my teammates with their work, since they were out for vacation, and I found a serious error on the order of the client, but he already paid for it, and I couldnt call the owner of this client, because I shouldnt bother other people during their vacation, because they are travelling/resting, so I dug up through all the emails of this order and this client, and I managed to talk to the client to make things go back on trail again, after the team returned from the vacation, I scheduled a meeting with them, and explained the situation, what happened and so, and they congratulated me for walking on my own, not looking for help without even try.

The leader from my last job. There were no feedbacks, only critics without feedback. Once I have put the wrong name of the customer on the proposal, but It was the name that she told me to put, after that, she saw the name was wrong, and said that it was wrong, and I didnt look up at the customer's e-mail (i have never received it hahaha. She "apologized" for it later), I told I didnt have this e-mail, and put the name that she told me. Then she said "if I say to you to lick a handrail with COVID, would you do it?", and that's basically what happened. In the end, I learnt that she was a terrible leader after I joined my current work, because I have seen that the problem wasn't on me according to what I have experienced here.

I accept quietly. Depending on the severity of what was said, I am going to report him to the Compliance.

I just save it to me. I will throw it away on the gym later, there is no problem, and never was a problem.

Working on a team is to work with people that might have more or less knowledge as you, and you have the opportunity to teach and learn from them. With that said, one covers the other "weakness". That's how the team work. Like a cog (gear). One piece fits the other, and they will help each other reach the same goal.

Isnt Discord Better? I do prefer Discord or Telegram if that's not a problem.

I will am able to check for at least 4-5 days. I think I can dedicate 2-3 hours of my free time. If I can't do it, or if I am not able to do it, i'll call for help.

I simply told that in my opinion, following certain steps that are different from his, and I might be able to reach the same result, in less time, or the same time, but in an easier way in my point of view. He said that I should try to do my way, and then we would compare later. In the end, both ways were correct, but he approved me to do it differently since he saw I have reached the expected result.

I was told to translate a document (EN to PT-BR) in one week, and I thought there was enough time to do it, but I was wrong. The deadline was arriving, and still too much work to do. And translating stuff makes you mentally tired. I told the responsible person that gave me the task, and I told that I wouldnt be able to do it in enough time. That person got angry, and so my boss. From that day, I learned that I can say that the deadline isn't enough. Of course that sometimes you can't change the deadline, but in my opinion, most of them can be made in your pace.

The point system. Makes people interact more on the site, makes them value the work that the modder had to mod the games, and I value this experience that SBenny brings to us.

I like the current Layout, I have nothing to complain about.

Whatever help is needed to do. And I am learning how to mod during my spare time, so I think I would help the team and specially the community with more mods.

No, nothing. Just would like to thank for the opportunity <3

Harry Severus

😎Wizard👁 of Sbennytopia
Member for 3 years

Harry would be fine

1 Year 2 Months 6 days

To learn more about this forum. I have observed that the staff has more knowledge than the other members, so it would be great to learn more about this forum and to help everyone.

Community Team

This is my First Forum....

In my school days we used to have a Cricket team and we used to play matches with other schools. We had a very good composed team but with a lot of quarrels between the team member. I was the Captain and the team wanted me to remove a player from the team. He was a good player but was going through a rough patch. Cutting short they said they will not Co-operate until the player was removed. So yeah that was the toughest team. I tried to convince many of players giving them a advice that each player goes through a rough patch that doesn't mean he has lost his form and must be removed. I was successful in convincing them.

A simple issue in our school... Had a short circuit. No one was going forward to turn off the main switch. They were waiting for the janitor. But it would have been dangerous. So I just went and turned it off. The outcome I got a heavy scolding from my Parents, Teacher but was praised by my friends....

My Sport's Teacher. He was the one who encouraged me to take part in cricket. Helped me in perfecting my cricketing shots. Never scolded me. A very calm and composed personality....

Yes we had to make a science project and one of the senior was made our leader. He just rejected all our ideas and kept on saying he has some wonderful ideas in his head. We thought he was working with us but at the science Fair we found that he was just making our project worst. He wanted the other class to win because his girlfriend was in that class!!!

I believe that criticism is must in your life. Not unnecessary criticism, but any criticism to improve my work would be beneficial. Ignoring undeserved criticism might be a good solution....

You may think I am Mad 😏😏 but whenever I am tensed I just speak with my subconscious mind... It gives me answer for my every yes every question..

A team work is what I love and that is what I look forward in a team. Yes there will be dispute but at the day's end you should be on good terms

I am already on Discord!! I don't trust Viber much but if it's necessary I can join

I check in daily so that won't be a problem 3 hours minimum

The Science leader remember..... I disagreed with him... But he just kicked me out of the group. I went to my teacher complained. He was warned I was back in team but the results were bad .... I stood my ground when no one did and that's what I learned..

I am just 16 so not many hard task to do. So yeah I failed to hit a six in a crucial match and we went out of the tournament... I learned how to cope with my feelings after that incident

I love the site itself which includes everything

Nothing!!!

I will try to be creative in solving the problems

Am I hired ? 😅😅

Last edited:

grumm

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
GRUMM

4 months

helping other people and help the form

...i want core staff team but i can only apply for community team so... ok :)

no but i'm willing to learn

my dad if he starts something he wont stop till it is done ...and dont give up

classmate did no work on a project

stay calm and understand the situation better

calming music

everyone getting along and getting stuff done

yep

week day only school hours

there are mutable sections for things like chat roms pc console

no way to customize the form for a normal user

anything but i hope i can learn to be a better moderator for years to come

20. Do you have any questions for us? nope :)

BriFi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
1. What would you like us to call you? The APK Dumpster. Or BriFi.

2. How long have you been a member of the SBenny Site? Around 6 months. After finding this group, I never went back to shady Telegram mods. I can't believe jobs are opening up here. This would be my actual dream job. Seriously, you could just pay me in apps.

3. What interests you about becoming part of one of the Staff Teams? Well, I'm an app-o-holic. Think I'm kidding? Have a look in this folder. Android Mods - Shared with pCloud . And that's just pCloud. I have nearly 700 non-native apps in my phone, and another folder that size in my Drive Cloud. I'm obsessed. I've downloaded all of the tools to mod my own, but haven't gotten past a few easy patches.

4. Which position interests you most (Core Staff Team, Community Team, or Mod Tester Team)? I would jump off my roof with joy for any of them. I'll be here when I'm not getting paid. I have a Galaxy Tab, iPhone 7 tricked out, Win 10 modified Phoenix Lite PC, and a Galaxy Phone. My last job was Tier II Tech support, so I'm familiar with all of the native, and a ton of non-native software. I shine best at data entry.

5. Have you ever worked in a forum setting before? What was your role and what was expected of you? You're talking to an authentic OG. Also, just old. When I was 17, I was a moderator in a WebTV IRC Chat...this waassss oh, 1997-ish. Since then, no, but not a lot has changed as far as forums go. I kept the IRC chat civil, settled disputes, and booted a few who were having a real rough day. My nic was PeleTCC. Ahhh the good ol' days...I was also among the very first...I believe the kids call it trolling these days. Oh, what a troll I was. I paved the way in the most harsh of forum environments so kids could be jerks more creatively these days.

6. Describe the toughest team you had to work with. What made it tough? How were you able to work with the rest of the group? I worked in a front-end coding team in the early 2000's. You've never been annoyed until the drop down menu you're working on isn't working because someone else forgot a bracket or period. After weeks of getting on each other's nerves, I split our job into separate sandboxes and we all came together at the end will the full vision. Close call!

7. Based on your experience, describe a situation in which you identified a problem and took action to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do so. What was the problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome? A couple jobs ago, I did medical coding for injuries which had taken place on the property of one of our large corporate clients. My job was to play cover for the corporations and avoid a lawsuit for them. It's the only job I ever truly disliked because no matter how justified the injury claim may have been, my job was to find a reason to deny it. One day, I took a really big risk and mentioned my dissatisfaction in a group chat with co-workers, and everyone was immediately relieved that someone had said it first. Long story long, we all came together as a group of about 40 people and changed a few regulations that pertained to genuinely injured people, and how our company initially reacts. Sorry, I know that's a long story, but I'm proud of that one. :)

8. Please describe the best leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a good leader? What did you learn from them? Shortly after high school, I started a small business repairing PCs and doing some lite HTML-based web design. Due to living in an actual corn field, I never received enough business to devote my full-time efforts, and always kept a part-time job on the side, and hired seasonal workers during peak sale times. One quarter had been really rough. I was barely able to pay my seasonal workers, muchless myself. I was stressed out and depressed because we'd all worked so hard for months. One person that I hired practically slept at our rented warehouse. Her devotion meant so much to me. That's when I came into my real work ethic. If she was willing to give so much of herself to a project she didn't own and for someone she hardly knew....I always keep her in mind when the work days get rough.

9. Please describe the worst leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a horrible leader? What did you learn from them? My first day of work at that medical coding job I was telling you about, was rough due to my team leader. See, what had happened was... ... ... All the new employees were talking before our first training day, and because I can anyone laugh, another guy I worked with apparently decided he didn't like me very much, presumably because everyone was talking to me. He made some snide, butthurt remark, to which I naturally responded to with a joke that made him look dumb. Turns out, that guy was the nephew of my new Team Leader and trainer. Yep. she had it out for me from day 1, so I knew if I dropped the ball even once, I was outta there. That's probably why I ended up tying a company record for attendance and quality scores! Anyway, she's my example of poor leadership. She let her personal alliances come to work with her, and that's never good.

10. How would you handle undeserved criticism from a superior? Well, it depends. If it's important to the work being done and communication, clarity, and understanding are at risk, then I would ask them why they had the criticism, and try to offer a more clear idea of why it's underserved. If the supervisor was just having a bad day and the criticism isn't important to the work being done, I'd most likely just let it go. Until you get to know me.....then I'll let ya have it ;)

11. How do you cope with stress on a regular basis? Meditate for 1 hour every single day and rarely miss. The medical coding job meant that nearly every single call was a severe enough injury to warrant a claim to be filed for it. That means 90% of everyone I talked to all day long, was just robbed at gunpoint, or has to take off from work because their spouse has aggressive cancer. I did not know if I was going to mentally last very long with that job....it was such a harrowing level of negativity for 45 hours per week. As a last resort, I tried this audio-course called Waking Up by a dude named Sam Harris. He's a big deal now, but back then he was still a kid, himself. That changed all the things. Also, based on a friend's advise, I began QiGong, which is sort-of combining meditation, martial arts and yoga. That' was a big plus. I could throw in a mindblowing zen proverb here, but I don't want to get too annoying right away. But, it's coming.

12. A big part of working on the Staff Team involves the ability to communicate effectively within a team setting. What does working on a team look like to you? I may talk myself out of a job on this one, and that's ok, I'd rather be transparent. I prefer to work alone. I like to be told what's expected of me, and then be left alone to do it. If, for some reason, I come up short at the end of the day, I don't mind working on my own time to make up for it. I'm very much a team player and I totally agree with the ethics involved in a group dynamic for a common goal. And I can function just fine in a group setting....I"m very creative when it comes to nerdy stuff, so if there were to be any type of group that I would likely excel in, it would definitely be something to do with tech. But, my dream job would be testing apps, making error logs for the dev team, banning biggots and chugging coffee. But....ya can't have everything ya want, so it's all good.

13. Are you willing to join Viber (either on PC or on your phone) and join the chat associated with the team you are applying for? Yes, but ONLY because this is literally the kind of job I've always wanted. I'm willing to grit my teeth and talk to people.....if I gotta :cry: :ROFLMAO:

14. About how much time do you think you would be able to dedicate to the responsibilities that come with being part of the team? Would you be able to check in daily? Try to get rid of me. No, really if you hire me, you will have to have a restraining order issued to get me out of here. I love this group! I'm not active in the chats, which may be weird for people if I'm suddenly modding rooms, but they'll get over it :D
Also, because I had a small business in my early 20's, all of my other jobs come with a sense of ownership. I take the jobs that I do personally. I'm invested in the overall health of the company, I think that work is something you take on as a part of your personality and life, rather than something done outside of every day existence.

15. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a leader’s instructions or point of view. What did you do? If it's not my department, I usually leave it alone unless it's something that's totally horrendous where I would be a terrible person if I didn't say something. I'm fairly intuitive, tuned into people and what's going on in their skulls, so I almost always avoid situations like that. If it had something to do with the work and especially MY work, then I would absolutely speak up in a friendly way and let them know my input. Breakdowns in communication cause some of the world's most unnecessarily negative moments and the goal suffers for everyone. I would hope a supervisor would know this. But to answer the question directly, yes, I had a supervisor whose point of view I very much did not agree with, and I put in my two weeks notice. Money shouldn't be traded for peace. Being miserable 40 hours a week becuase of bad leadership isn't worth it. I'd rather be poor and happy :) That's only ever happened once in 40 years, so hopefully I got it out of the way early!

16. Please describe a time that you failed to complete a task or goal. What did you learn from that experience? Oh, I fail all the time. However, I will never make that someone else's problem. I may not reach my goal, but I'll give it my best and if I fall short, I'll make up for it on my own time. I've never assumed that my shortcoming should be carried by someone else. I'm one of those rare birds who really enjoys being wrong, because it gives me the change to be right and learn. I'm all about the journey and leveling up at whatever I'm geeked out about. I geek out about almost everything.

17. What is one thing you really like about the way the site is currently set up? I may not participate in the chats much, but I love that they're there. It gives the forum a sense of warmth and relaxation. I also love how, as I'm obessively downloading apps and watching ads because I'm poor as a street cat, I come across something free, and all ya have to do, is give a thumbs up. I notice certain contributors that do this often, and I try to throw them a couple bucks if I can. It makes browsing exciting and keeps the place cozy. OH! And I love how someone out there is keeping track of every single app I've downloaded from the forum, and I'm notified of updates. That's one of the secrets for the growth you're seeing! That's going above and beyond anyone else out there!

18. What is one thing you really don’t like about the way the site is currently set up? I'll let ya know when I figure it out! No, really...this place is my favorite place online. I don't have social media accounts anymore, seeing as how our data is being harvested for profiling and social credit, so this is what I do....troll around the webs for ethical mods and friendly hacks :)

19. If you were to join the team, what is one thing that you feel that you can bring to the table to help better the team and the SBenny Community as a whole? I think I could be valuable in any of the roles offered. In fact, the only thing I could see myself not being able (yet!) to contribute very much, is in the modding of the apps. I know how to use Lucky Patcher, but that's about it xD One thing I'm naturally talented at, is pattern recognition, and how people are generally feeling about a particular thing, regardless of the words they're using. I can feel something out pretty quickly. I think I would be best utilized (as much as I don't want to say it!) mingling among the members, making conversation, targeting key topics of growth and then offering surveys based on those topics as another way to earn points. I notice when topics pool in a clear area, and would bring this information to light within the group. Also, with my (very old) background in HTML editing, I have an eye for making environments more aesthetically inviting. Sometimes the site that gets all of the traffic wins out not due to content, so much as simplicity, shiny, rounded corners, topic tags with their own drop-downs topics, etc. Also, feedback is such a huge part of feeling the pulse of your clients and listening to their comments, criticisms and suggestions, but if they can't immediately figure out how to drop a note with these pointers, often they'll just log off. It's been literally since dinosaurs roamed the earth since I did any kind of web design, so I'm not suggesting that you test me on that, but I think I have a valuable eye for the super important sweet spot where simplicity meets functionality. But that's not a criticism at all, I totally love this place. If you don't hire me, I'll just sign myself up a a volunteer. I hope you're comfortable with that. I also talk. A lot.

20. Do you have any questions for us? I would prefer to start work tomorrow. I wear a Large and look forward to my uniform. I am willing to forgo dental insurance for full membership so I can download all of the things. I'll be here at 4:30 AM waiting for someone to let me in. This is happening so...

Last edited:

C8B

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Cibiose.

4 or tree years i think.

My interest is that can be a good experience on my part. And i want to help the community

Community team

No i never have ever play any role in a forum.

In my school days, I remember that a teacher did a work in groups, each group would have 4 people, until then everything was going well until I fell into a random group, when we went to develop a plan about what we were going to present, everything started to go wrong because my partners were lazy. I managed to get second place in this job (it was an inter class job), how did I do it? I had to work hard and I had to convince the other participants to do what was agreed.

I think question 6 answers that question

My father had several jobs (where he always bossed someone around), he was a good leader because he knew how to keep a cool head in times of crisis, and he also ruled with an iron fist. I learned that you can't let others think you're soft, you have to be decisive, otherwise things will get out of hand.

I don't think I've ever met a bad leader, so I don't know how to answer that question.

I would call them to talk, and I would speak my point of view.

I don't think I have a strategy for this, but I think it would be to rest and occupy my mind with something else?

Sounds good to me, I don't know if that's what the question is about. however I am completely comfortable working in a hierarchy or in a group.

I don't know what this viber is but I'm willing to use it

Depends on the day, but I think about 3 or 4 hours I would be online

Well I said what I had in mind and explained why I thought that was the best course of action...

I learned that crying over spilled milk is not going to solve my problems. And that giving up is not an option.

The website's currency system

The site's currency grind system

Potential and a lot of questions

How any of this work?
And when will I start as a staff on the site?

PkgPokemon

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
Poki, Dr.Pokemon or just Pokimon

6 months

Learn more about the community and help the other staff members

Mod Tester Team

Never worked in a forum before

As I've never worked before, I think it's worth talking about the schoolwork I had to do in a group because many people in the group failed to do their part and the responsibility fell to another member of the group and I always helped with what was needed

There was a time when at school that the school computer that was used for slides, videos, etc. was no longer recognizing flash drives and specific programs that teachers used, in the end it was just a drive problem and I helped to find it they.

I have always considered my mother to be the best leader, when she takes a job she only leaves it if it is perfect, she taught me that I must be determined with things and take the work seriously.

I don't have many examples of bad ones but what I can say is that a leader who thinks he's the biggest and doesn't care about the doubts of the other is the worst type

I try to see if I'm really wrong and talk to other superiors to see what we can do in this situation

I try to balance the stress because it is necessary

I love working in a team because I can learn more things and make new friends in the middle of work and problems seem easier when working in a team

Yep

I usually have more time in the afternoon so…. 2-4 hours, about the daily check-in I just wouldn't be able to if the day isn't very busy.

During a team work at school, the leader of a group was putting many tasks for us and few for them, so my friends and I found it necessary to contact the teacher to solve this problem.

Not being able to meet a goal makes me a little sad but determined not to repeat the same, one of the goals I didn't achieve was finishing a job on time and it earned me some points on my grade.

The variety of apps, ebooks and other stuff is amazing!

There could be more ways to earn sbpoints for people who can't afford to buy

I'll try to help with whatever it takes and prove that I can really be where I am :3

In this moment no 😊