💬 Review Stalker (1979) by eeevveeee

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,724 happy users since 2014.
Register

eeevveeee

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Stalker (1979)

Two men pay a guide to lead them into an area known as 'the zone'. Traveling through extremely hazardous traps, they try to find a room that grants wishes.

Review:
I'm going to refrain from spoiling anything in this review. I highly recommend watching it yourself; as it's certainly an experience.
Stalker (1979) is a very slow and long movie. A very old Soviet film, the diologue is all in Russian. The translated subtitles are very good, fortunately.
The shots are long and dramatic. They will linger longer than you'd expect, immersing yourself in the world.
The film explores human relationships and what it truly means to be hopeful. The interactions between characters and the development is amazing.
My thoughts about the movie have been with me all night long since I watched it. The meaning of some of it is debatable, but in a good way. It can be taken in many different ways.
There is no movie like this I've ever seen. Stalker feels like something that schools should study.
Since watching it I've seen analysis after analysis, and it's still wonderful. The production for the movie was apparently hell, even resulting in the early deaths of some of the actors.
All in all, the movie is fantastic, but don't expect something action-packed.

I'd give it a 9.5/10. Long, but rightfully so. I wish there was a bit more explanation for some things.

Also, sorry for any bad grammar. typed this out on mobile.

Would you recommend this to other users? Absolutely.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐