Suggestion to make users more active (maybe)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,732 happy users since 2014.
Register

spoderman300

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
So I`m very new to Sbenny but I really enjoy the whole community concept of it so here is an idea:
I often find myself looking for suggestions on what games to play because there are so much of them and yet at the end I don`t find anything, so I`ve been thinking,
what if there was like a similar system to epic games creator code, for example
I go buy an app that costs 200 SB points and then I`m prompted to type a Sbenny username (if i choose to) who maybe recommended that app to me and he gets a small amount of sbenny points,
it wouldn`t be abused because they still have to buy something and it wouldn`t be many points yet still (if there was a place to recommend games if there already isn`t) it would motivate people a bit
to participate.
I don`t know if this is a good suggestion but here it is anyway. Thank you for reading it.

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Do you mean they have to buy the game they recommended? There are free mods right, so people could just buy that, and then recommend it to other people, use other accounts and type in their main account.

It is an interesting concept, though I feel like I may have misunderstood you

Dricks001

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
Well I interested in the way SB points is used helping us understand how the game works. I think that people will become more interested and post if we had more information about how and where to post to look for the thread, and i just want to play at the time. I am new to this and I want to become a permanent player but if it take me time to find a game and I play I just forget to post but that is now excuse I will continue to apply the rules and enjoy my stay as long as I can. Thanks for allowing me to continue. I really interested in this game

spoderman300

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
@Blasphemy
The bonus that the recommended user gets should be small (have a max limit) but also vary depending on the price (also like epic games) and of course free mods wouldn't get anything by that formula.
I mean there are flaws with this, if you buy a 10 sb point mod and you get idk 2 points bonus maybe it won't matter much, but just an idea.

spoderman300

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
@Blasphemy
The bonus that the recommended user gets should be small (have a max limit) but also vary depending on the price (also like epic games) and of course free mods wouldn't get anything by that formula.
I mean there are flaws with this, if you buy a 10 sb point mod and you get idk 2 points bonus maybe it won't matter much, but just an idea.
I expressed my self incorrectly in the last sentence, for example you recommend to me a mod that is 200 SB points from Sbenny, I say wow that`s cool and I buy it and type that you recommended it, Sbenny gets 195 SB points and you get 2.5% which is 5 SB points. If you recommend to me a mod that is 10 SB points, 2.5% from that should be rounded up to 0 and this is what I meant that it wouldn`t be abused. The flaw that I wrongly said is that I don`t know how much this would motivate people because at the end, the variety of new apps is diminishing in this times, but for ebooks I would imagine that recommendations are asked for so I can`t say for sure it would be a successful idea.
and also thanks for reading my idea:blushdroid:

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
I expressed my self incorrectly in the last sentence, for example you recommend to me a mod that is 200 SB points from Sbenny, I say wow that`s cool and I buy it and type that you recommended it, Sbenny gets 195 SB points and you get 2.5% which is 5 SB points. If you recommend to me a mod that is 10 SB points, 2.5% from that should be rounded up to 0 and this is what I meant that it wouldn`t be abused. The flaw that I wrongly said is that I don`t know how much this would motivate people because at the end, the variety of new apps is diminishing in this times, but for ebooks I would imagine that recommendations are asked for so I can`t say for sure it would be a successful idea.
and also thanks for reading my idea:blushdroid:
Ooh, I get it. But how do you know if the name that the person is typing is actually the one that recommended it? Maybe some people could try to help out their broke friend by buying the most expensive mod and then typing in their friend's name. Or, some people would intentionally recommend super expensive mods that they may or may not have played before on the hopes that they get sb points.

But when alls said and done, I don't think this is a bad idea. I mean, there would be a lot of people recommending expensive games they've never played before, but there would also be people that are actually motivated into giving good recs.

spoderman300

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Ooh, I get it. But how do you know if the name that the person is typing is actually the one that recommended it? Maybe some people could try to help out their broke friend by buying the most expensive mod and then typing in their friend's name. Or, some people would intentionally recommend super expensive mods that they may or may not have played before on the hopes that they get sb points.

But when alls said and done, I don't think this is a bad idea. I mean, there would be a lot of people recommending expensive games they've never played before, but there would also be people that are actually motivated into giving good recs.
Yeah that's a great point, at Epic Games you can put any creators name that is verified even if that creator didn't recommend the game you're buying so I can't say I have solution for this and limiting this to only active users would negate the point of the idea. I guess this is a dead end 🤔

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
A shame. I think it's a pretty good idea. Maybe we could try it out for a short periods of time and see how that goes, and then adjust it or remove it depending on the reactions we receive?