📖 Tutorial The basics: Hacking (Mod) Android Games with Net Reflector

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,473 happy users since 2014.
Register

Buffy

In Love Lv4️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
This is a great tutorial, I just haven't found a game that meets the requirements. I tried to mod Diner Dash Adventures with it but no go :(

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hello thanks for the tutorial i'm trying to mod Battle of Cats but i can't find any Dlls is there any other way to get into the game codes ?
I think you should try IDA as this game can be modded by editing the shared library (.so file).

Littlelemonchan

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Finally getting back to university! I can't wait to try your tutorial. Thank you 🤗

VexXxeR

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Thanks for this easy to follow, clear and concise tutorial @Sbenny 🍻

How would the process/method change when modding apps instead of games? For example, unlocking premium content, purchased items etc? Is the process completely different for those? If so, do you know of any resources where one could learn more about how to do that?

Lastly, what tips can you give a beginner in app modding wanting to learn more about how different apps/features/things are modded so that they could 1 day become a contributor like the other talented contributors on this forum?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Thank you for the nice words, @VexXxeR, when modding apps instead of games, you usually do it by modding via smali language (which is similar to javascript), but there are some exceptions where you can still mod them using the method explained in this tutorial. When you deal with unlocking premium content or purchasing items, you usually go for Booleans, which are explained in this tutorial. You usually search for something like "Is Purchased" or "Is Unlocked" and so on (use your imagination).

As a beginner, you could begin with offline games, they're the best place to start learning as you could try editing each single value you find inside it, and once you feel like you know enough of it, you can move on online games, hacking stats such as Health, Attack, Speed, Skill Cooldown etc.

Good luck!

VexXxeR

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Thank you for the nice words, @VexXxeR, when modding apps instead of games, you usually do it by modding via smali language (which is similar to javascript), but there are some exceptions where you can still mod them using the method explained in this tutorial. When you deal with unlocking premium content or purchasing items, you usually go for Booleans, which are explained in this tutorial. You usually search for something like "Is Purchased" or "Is Unlocked" and so on (use your imagination).

As a beginner, you could begin with offline games, they're the best place to start learning as you could try editing each single value you find inside it, and once you feel like you know enough of it, you can move on online games, hacking stats such as Health, Attack, Speed, Skill Cooldown etc.

Good luck!
Thank you for your advice. I will start practicing with offline games like Subway Surfers or something to get the hang of it and familiarize myself with code.

Once I'm used to doing the basic stuff, I'll look at moving to apps and stuff.
Post automatically merged:

@Sbenny I have 1 last question if you don't mind.

If there's an app that has been modded by someone else before and posted online, is it better to view their modded APK file to see what changes were made and then do the same for the new/latest version or is this not possible and would be best if I had started it from scratch?

An an example, the app I'm looking to mod is called Canva which basically just needs premium unlocked. The latest modded version released is V2.19.0 but the official latest version is V2.30.0.

Can/should I look at the changes/modifications made on the older modded version, and apply the same to the latest?

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Thank you for your advice. I will start practicing with offline games like Subway Surfers or something to get the hang of it and familiarize myself with code.

Once I'm used to doing the basic stuff, I'll look at moving to apps and stuff.
Post automatically merged:

@Sbenny I have 1 last question if you don't mind.

If there's an app that has been modded by someone else before and posted online, is it better to view their modded APK file to see what changes were made and then do the same for the new/latest version or is this not possible and would be best if I had started it from scratch?

An an example, the app I'm looking to mod is called Canva which basically just needs premium unlocked. The latest modded version released is V2.19.0 but the official latest version is V2.30.0.

Can/should I look at the changes/modifications made on the older modded version, and apply the same to the latest?
I'd not recommend this as you'd not learn how to do it, you'd just learn how to steal others' work.

It's up to you, if you want to be a great modder or a copy/paste without glory.

VexXxeR

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'd not recommend this as you'd not learn how to do it, you'd just learn how to steal others' work.

It's up to you, if you want to be a great modder or a copy/paste without glory.
Thanks, that does make sense. I was wondering more from the perspective if these things can be done as I always assumed that when developers update their apps, they change their security or improve it making the newer versions a touch more difficult to mod.

I do strongly believe that learning to do things on your own is a far better method because at some point you may come across an app that you use but isn't popular thus no modders have attempted it which means you're left having to do it on your own.

AllTorque

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi, awesome and clear tutorial. Quick question from a complete noob, I found the assets/bin/data/Managed in the zip file but there are no dlls? Does that mean this game is unhackable via this method?

All Torque

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

Racahelinvy

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks so much. Maybe this time to improve my self not only use LP

SilentBarry

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Thank you for the tutorial, you make it looks easier to do than i thought, which is nice😳
I have a question though...is it necessary for me to have experience in using Lucky Patcher to be able to understand those language? (Or code?)
Because I can't understand anything...and looking from the past reply you guys looks to able to understand those language to some extent.
And yes, I have never use Lucky Patcher or any other hacking tool because I have no need for that (I am not very fond of modded game actually...cheating ruin the fun in my opinion) but I want to contribute something here, as a token for everything this place has provided for me...so please help🙏😶

Emma4ang3l

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
@Sbenny this is amazing. I will try with some easier games to see if I can get it. From what I read it seems quite simple. You guys are doing an excellent job. Can I ask if I should know some specific languages? the code above looks like Java but I suppose it's Javascript? I really want to mod games so I can make people happy. Hopefully I can. Keep up the amazing work :love:

@Edit: The .NET Reflector 9 activator does not work for me. When I paste the request code in the Activator/Crack request window, no response is send back so I am unable to activate the program.

Last edited:

falling

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hello i tired modding a game and i followed every step upon installing and opening a modded game i get message like "game instructions change have been detected closing the app in 8 seconds" how can u remove this plz help ?

erikb2

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I love this tut, thanks master cracking & sbenny, hope u get the better, n sbenny can grow n grow n grow, Amin...