📰 News! The Chronicles of Sbenny #1: "Cheaters of Sbennytopia"

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,676 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Welcome to the "Chronicles of Sbenny" saga (I'm unsure if I'll keep posting more "episodes" in the future honestly), trying to share the darkest (and brightest) views of our community from the admin's perspective.
Before we start, please take what I'm writing below as an outburst from me, there's nothing personal in what I'm saying, and our community is still made by AWESOME people (for the most part), and my criticism isn't aimed at those who are genuinely being here to be part of our community. So, let's begin!

Since day 1 of SbennyTopia, I always heard about people complaining about SB Points, in ALL possible ways. Some tweaks were (and probably still are) needed, so back in 2018 I introduced the daily login bonus which was then abused so much that if it abusing sb points was a crime, at least 3000 users would've gone to jail :cautious:. I'll not dig too much into the details to explain what they did, but they abused it by making many dummy accounts. A few days after the sad discover, we came with a *genial* idea of introducing the possiblity to still claim the Daily Login Bonus only for "Active Users" (a way for us to leverage the damage caused, by allowing only those who somehow contributed to the forum). This, of course, caused more troubles than peace, as people complained even more because being Active User was still *too hard*. So what's next? We had to find a way to let EVERYONE get something for free and without doing anything to show activity on the forum, because users always come first, right? Yes, definitely. We have haters, lazy and disrespectful people, but on the other side, even if there was only ONE truly deserving person on the forum, I'd still do my best for him/her, because love is gonna win on hate, ALWAYS, even if all the rest were rude and ungrateful arses (which is not the case, thanksgod).

We tried with referrals first. The method was very simple, you invite someone to the forum and then you get a reward in SB Points in return. Simple right? Indeed, too simple to also guess the outcome. Every day we had a hundreds of multiple accounts made from the same people with the only goal of getting SB Points (and creating a horde of zombie-accounts at the same time). (n) No need to say we had to discontinue this because it was literally driving the whole staff team crazy due to all the duplicate accounts we had to take care of every day.

So what did we do? We introduced Rewarded Video Ads, an underrated and underevaluated addition, which took a lot of work behind the scenes to give everyone the possiblity to get SB Points every day by watching a 30-seconds-long video. It's as simple as that, people just click on a link, watch a video and then get redirected back to the forum with their balance increased. Sounds too good to be true right? Well, the real "too good to be true" part was on my side, that I was thinking, once and for all, that users would've stopped complaining and that they would've finally started being fair.

Nothing more wrong than that! People cheated since the first day it was introduced (I expected it to be honest) but I let that go until a few days ago people even started to brag about that in the general chat, like if it was something to be proud of saying: "Hey look! I can cheat the SB Points system even though I'm given the possibility to get them for free every day!". I ignored it at first, but the thing continued popping every day, so it was definitely time to make a change.

No need to be too detailed about what I did but no, don't panic, I didn't remove the ability to claim SB Points by watching ads every day, I just decided it was time to do something (though minimal) to those found cheating. To clear any doubts, it's now part of our core forum rules that users are required to report an exploit or bug they found (even though it should be common sense already).

Here's a partial list of the people I spotted cheating in just 1 hour, which I "punished" by setting their balance to 0 SB Points (and warning them as well):

@xkb24x
@RiiV
@Emma93
@AnmolSharma2 (banned for having multiple accounts, too)
@Anonymous76
@Benxuss10
@Cafu201012
@DimkaPunk
@GingerSwan
@Ishankumar
@jesuk88
@Laiki
@Mateus508
@MoraineDamod
@ngaby76
@Okedeh8008
@Quakeruu
@RuSerious
@specter1921
@tovigloki
@Yuukiame

Trust me, this is NOTHING compared to the REAL amount of people trying to cheat on us every day, but the point is, is this really worth it? Every time you cheat, you're adding a drop of water in the jar of "Make it even harder for people to claim SB Points" but sooner or later the jar will be full and I'll move forward, by making it even more difficult for everyone to get SB Points.

I wish people knew all this every time they decide to complain or argue about the SB Points system, and I also wish people knew this is often the reason I slow down when modding (or seem inactive).

Now I'll go straight to the point: you're reading all this, and you're probably one who cheated and we didn't punish yet. No matter what you do, we'll spot you whenever we want. Sometimes I decide to close an eye, but there's time for everything and everyone, and you're next. If you want to hope for redempion, you have a chance to contact me and confess. I might decide to close an eye and forgive you if you show me you deserve forgiveness. If you're not a cheater, rest assured you're one of the few people who really knows and understands what a community is, and you're the reason we still exist and we're still proud of being such a wonderful community.

-The End

Last edited:

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
Seriously, this is the best community i've ever been a part of, And even though i'm not as active these days i really appreciate what you guys do and it makes me mad to see that some people can be so selfish specially when you made it EXTREMELY easy to earn SB points in a fair way to everyone!

Thank you Sbenny team for all that you do ❤

ngaby76

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Szia SBenny.ngaby76 vagyok. Azért írok, hogy elmondjam, nem tudtam, hogy ez átverés. Reggel munka előtt csak gyorsan megnyomtam a gombot. Azt hittem, pluszpont jutalom jár. Nem gondoltam, hogy ez hiba. Ha tudtam volna, nem tettem volna meg. Nem akartam elveszíteni a pontjaimat. Főleg, hogy pénzért vettem. Nagyon sajnálom! Ezt nem sokszor teszem. Nagyon sajnálom!

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
Szia SBenny.ngaby76 vagyok. Azért írok, hogy elmondjam, nem tudtam, hogy ez átverés. Reggel munka előtt csak gyorsan megnyomtam a gombot. Azt hittem, pluszpont jutalom jár. Nem gondoltam, hogy ez hiba. Ha tudtam volna, nem tettem volna meg. Nem akartam elveszíteni a pontjaimat. Főleg, hogy pénzért vettem. Nagyon sajnálom! Ezt nem sokszor teszem. Nagyon sajnálom!
I know what you are saying...
I'm AWARE of what you are trying to say...
And the answers is..uh...Yas, Queen.
..Maybe.

ngaby76

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Hi I'm SBenny.ngaby76. I am writing to tell you, I didn’t know it was a scam. I just pressed the button quickly in the morning before work. I thought there was a plus point reward. I didn't think this was a bug. If I had known I wouldn't have done it. I didn’t want to lose my points. Especially that I bought it for money. I'm really sorry! I don't do that many times. I'm really sorry!

xkb24x

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Finally i have a chance to speak up, ive been told if you click many times e on proceed you would get more sbpoints. I havent bought anything here, other than 1 app.
However, sounds "cheating" bit ironic from a modder who hacks games, isnt it? I've not cheated, i took advantage of a small gate. I dont hack your website, so what you done is "disgusting" to me. I gained like 8k points with this, and you took all. Ridiculous! You, Sbenny is who cheating actually buy stealing from companies. 🤔 Obviously is good for users, insont complain, but dont you dare to call me a cheater for this. Anybody would of used this of aware. Same you would pick up 100 pounds off the ground, would you take tp police? Ahahah theoretical question was, all know the answer. Only want is you to think about it, its just not fair, but you can do whatever you want, cause you are dev here.. Peace✌

Last edited by a moderator:

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
Finally i have a chance to speak up, ive been told if you click many times e on proceed you would get more sbpoints. I havent bought anything here, other than 1 app.
However, sounds "cheating" bit ironic from a modder who hacks games, isnt it? I've not cheated, i took advantage of a small gate. I dont hack your website, so what you done is "disgusting" to me. I gained like 8k points with this, and you took all. Ridiculous! You, Luca is who cheating actually buy stealing from companies. 🤔 Obviously is good for users, insont complain, but dont you dare to call me a cheater for this. Anybody would of used this of aware. Same you would pick up 100 pounds off the ground, would you take tp police? Ahahah theoretical question was, all know the answer. Only want is you to think about it, its just not fair, but you can do whatever you want, cause you are dev here.. Peace✌
Blindly follows cheaters for the same purpose because it's too good not to pass and now complains about earning the same punishments.
Everyone have their says, you're just entitled of not getting what you want.
Get off our community, you don't care about your points so obviously you didn't earn them.
What's ironic? You're here for modded game, the irony here is you criticizing us while you're here for the same reason, cheater.

xkb24x

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Yeah i watchedd the videos to get points, and generating money for you (which you can invest, or do whatever suits you) is indicates that i didnt care. Ahaha

If i could mod, or share apps i would of, but im not able to do that. So probably according to you im useless to your so called community mate. Of you checked my purchase history you could see i didnt buy anything, so like abusing pointa getting all for free. But think what you would like. Just told my point, thats all 👌

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
Yeah i watchedd the videos to get points, and generating money for you (which you can invest, or do whatever suits you) is indicates that i didnt care. Ahaha

If i could mod, or share apps i would of, but im not able to do that. So probably according to you im useless to your so called community mate. Of you checked my purchase history you could see i didnt buy anything, so like abusing pointa getting all for free. But think what you would like. Just told my point, thats all 👌
Of course, I can read and respect other's opinions, but your attitudes make it hard to do so.
You do care? When you click on that button, ask yourself, did you cares more about it saying "earning points" or about the kindness of your heart?

Lemme lay it out, if I were to leeching from my work and gain money but doesn't actually use it for my personal gains, does that make me innocent?
And it doesn't require you to be able to Mod or share apps to be part of whatever you think this is.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

I'm not going to judge the rudeness and misinformation on your side but one thing is sure, you didn't definitely watch videos at all, you just exploited it which is totally different. Now if I was you I'd moderate my tones, as tolerance has a limit.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
However, sounds "cheating" bit ironic from a modder who hacks games, isnt it? I've not cheated, i took advantage of a small gate. I dont hack your website, so what you done is "disgusting" to me. I gained like 8k points with this, and you took all. Ridiculous! You, Sbenny is who cheating actually buy stealing from companies. 🤔 Obviously is good for users, insont complain, but dont you dare to call me a cheater for this. Anybody would of used this of aware. Same you would pick up 100 pounds off the ground, would you take tp police? Ahahah theoretical question was, all know the answer. Only want is you to think about it, its just not fair, but you can do whatever you want, cause you are dev here.. Peace✌
I think you'll need some pieces of my mind.
Why do you think we use ads to give you SB points? Because they help lighten the costs of keeping the community online and the servers running, and honestly, if skipping the ads, crossing the daily limit is not cheating, then mind telling me what is?
Also, we're a modding community, not game developers, so if you feel too holy about taking modded games then kindly get off the forum.
And about the 100 pounds thing, you'll need to realise that they didn't drop from the sky, they belonged to someone, that's just an indirect method of 'stealing'.