💬 Review The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,104 happy users since 2014.
Register

Herbievore

Novice Lv1️⃣
Happy birthday to me
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

First film of the The Hobbit Trilogy based on Tolkien's book: The Hobbit

Review:
Review:
Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), son of Belladonna Took, is a Hobbit from the Shire. Like most Hobbits, he'd rather stay in the comfort of his own home rather than go out and be late for second breakfast. But he's approached BY Gandalf the Gray (Ian mcKellen), a wise wizard, to go on a journey to reclaim the mountain Erebor where he meets a company of 13 homeless dwarves. The company is lead by Thorin Oakenshield from the line of Durin, where his once mighty people has fallen, homeless, to the jaws of the greedy dragon Smaug.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is the first installment of The Hobbit trilogy where Peter Jackson brings life to The Hobbit book written by the late JRR Tolkien. Basically, it's what happens way before the events of Lord of the Rings. Way before Bilbo reached a 110 years old. He was around his 50s or 60s during the time.

If you've read the book, many changes has occurred. Thorin isnt old nor has a blue beard. Hes a middle aged Dwarf played by Richard Armitage. The reason was because it was more fitting for the story- it fit his determination to reclaim his throne in Erebor. Aside from this, Fili (Dean O'Gorman) and Kili (Aiden Turner) arent twins but brothers and this time, Kili is younger. The youngest is Oin, a bookish dwarf. Aside from this, they've revived some of the songs in the book which is great. "Misty Mountains" sends chills up my spine. You can really feel the eagerness and solemnity in the song.

A good thing about it not being strict with the hook is that each dwarf was able to be highlighted and given a unique look with a unique personality. Ori is a partially deaf healer. Nori is a thief. Fili has an unhealthy obsession with keeping a bunch of knives on his person. It's funny though, and makes the movie interesting.

Some characters are also brought back from the old movies such as Elrond (Hugo Weaving), Saruman the White (Christopher Lee) and Lady Galdariel (Cate Blanchett). It was so nostalgic seeing them again but in a different light.

On the topic of OST, the Hobbit has GREAT sound music and compositions. It fits really well with the scene and if you watch it repeatedly, you'll get it stick in your head. The visuals are great too! Majority of what is seen are props hand made and carefully detailed. It looks amazing

Another thing is that there's a 3D version of the film. It makes watching the whole thing more exciting

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes I would recommend it to others. I'd give it a 4.3/5 stars mainly because it has potential but doenst really live up to the hype of The Lord of The Rings. You'd feel adrenaline, adventure, family, and a sense of heart warming feelings.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

alejando

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
This movies was excellent. Gandalf was the perfect person to change Bilbo's life, and Bilbo sud a grenat job.

I recommandé It 100%