❓ Help Request The option to download older versions

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,047 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sohaib korim

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hello there!

I wish to present the idea of Being able to download older versions, mostly due to the problems I have come across recently, You see I wanted to play Stardew valley with mods, however the latest version have caused problem such as the mods working, not being compatible yet and most importantly having to do way more extra steps to set up mods for it (it used to allow adding mods)

So I wanted to download an older version here however even if I found the thread it wouldn't let me download it since the thread is older

So I wanted to suggest adding an option to download older versions as you see there are games such as Minecraft, Stardew valley, gravestone keeper etc which is playable and desired in older version as well due to nostalgia,mods etc reasons, the newer the update doesn't really mean there is no market for the older versions but rather it has a good market,

So hopefully @Sbenny and etc please do let me know if it's possible, I mean they could let the person who posted the app to be responsible for providing older versions, be it for a lower price or for free

Hplay

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I can relate to your annoyance :) and wish to be able to obtain earlier game versions. When the most recent upgrades involve more setup steps or have compatibility difficulties with mods, it may be rather disheartening. Like you, many gamers value the nostalgia and distinctive experiences provided by earlier iterations of games.

Your notion to make the person who posted the software liable for supplying previous versions is an intriguing one, even though it is ultimately up to the developers and platform owners to determine whether to enable access to older versions. By doing so, players may be able to satisfy market demand for particular game versions by obtaining previous versions for a lesser cost or even free.

It's always beneficial to give developers and platform owners your feedback and suggestions directly, such as by contacting @Sbenny as you indicated. You can aid in the continual enhancement of gaming experiences and possibly have an impact on decisions about version availability by communicating your needs and concerns.

While you wait, it can be worthwhile to peruse online forums or groups with a focus on the game you're interested in, since other players may have produced tools or workarounds that will allow you to play older versions with mods.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I totally get you. We had to block downloads to older versions because we had like 1000 complaints from people who downloaded an older version without knowing there was a newer one available.

This said, we *usually* delete old files as well, to free up storage space *but* it doesn't mean every file is deleted, especially if the mod authors aren't me or debby in particular.

For such specific requests, you may still be able to get the old file but the best way would be contacting me privately and explaining the situation, so I can check the database for the older file and, if available, temporarily unlock the older thread in order to let you download it.

I hope it clears your doubts :)

AnnaEnea

♥️Mod LP From Sbennytopia♥️ SB Cartel Max Level ❤
✌️ Community Team
SB Mod Squad ⭐
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
🎮 Testing Team
Active User
LP Queen 👑
Member for 4 years
I totally get you. We had to block downloads to older versions because we had like 1000 complaints from people who downloaded an older version without knowing there was a newer one available.

This said, we *usually* delete old files as well, to free up storage space *but* it doesn't mean every file is deleted, especially if the mod authors aren't me or debby in particular.

For such specific requests, you may still be able to get the old file but the best way would be contacting me privately and explaining the situation, so I can check the database for the older file and, if available, temporarily unlock the older thread in order to let you download it.

I hope it clears your doubts :)
Clearer than that! ;)

Sohaib korim

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
As you have stated, I tried to look for a roundabout way to play the game and I have thankfully found it and in the future if I come across something similar I will dm Sbenny instead as you said, thanks for replying and clarifying what bothered me