Unlocking MIUI 11 (2020)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,187 happy users since 2014.
Register

TweakerZ

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Required devices:
PC
Device running MIUI 11

Required software:
Mi Flash Unlocker Tool
Mi Account on the device

Note: you can make use of either magisk or superSU to root your device depending on which one you are more familiar with or the one that looks more cooler😋.

Step 1
first you need to unlock the bootloader, if you have any intention of rooting the device or installing a custom ROM or kernel.
For Xiaomi and Redmi devices, unlocking the bootloader might be a bit tricky. You'll need the official Mi Flash Unlocker for this.

Step 2
First you need a Mi Account with a verified phone number attached, you'll find it in the phone settings. Now you need to enable developer options on the phone > enable usb debugging, OEM unlocking, then enter mi locker status and agree to terms and blah blah blah, then tap on add account. When done, make sure you've setup mi flash tool & ADB on your PC.

Step 3
Make sure your pc has an active internet connection so it can automatically download and install Xiaomi usb drivers.
Now boot your phone to fastboot mode using

adb shell
reboot bootloader

Now plug the phone to pc using the original Xiaomi or redmi cable. Open the mi flash unlocker tool. Sign into your mi account on the unlock tool and wait for the unlock tool to recognize your device then tap unlock the after 5s tap unlock and after another 5s tap unlock again and wait. Presto!!! You've unlocked your device. If you see a 168 hour error... then you did something wrong, wait for 1 week to pass and restart the process😁.

Step 4
Now you can root, install custom ROMs at your own risk

P.S. I'll post pictures later for better guidance. I'll also post guaranteed, 100% tested ROMs for most Xiaomi and Redmi devices. Chow😋

BradArmstronger

Post-apocalyptic Warlord
Member for 4 years
Does the Mi Flash Unlocker Tool only work for computers with Intel processors? Cause my laptop(AMD) refuses to recognize my redmi phone and I've tried every troubleshoot. Guess I can't unlock my phone.