Weekly poll: Asus ROG Phone 6D duo asks if you would have Dimensity on Snapdragon

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,759 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
This week Asus unveiled the ROG Phone 6D and 6D Ultimate and rocked the world of gaming phones. For one thing, this is the first time a ROG phone has used a non-Snapdragon chipset – the “D” stands for Dimensity, specifically 9000+.

Most influential is the AeroActive Portal, which was created by cleverly re-proposing the technology used by Asus for its flip-up cameras. It is a hatch that can open the internal cooling system to the open air. However, this is not designed for passive cooling, but works in conjunction with the supplied AeroActive Cooler 6.

Weekly poll: Asus ROG Phone 6D duo asks if you would have Dimensity on Snapdragon

Unlike Red Magic phones, which also have active cooling, this system maintains some water resistance: with the portal closed, the phone is IPX4 rated, so it can survive splashing water. On the other hand, the Red Magic solution is more compact than having to lug the external cooler around.

Note that the AeroActive portal is exclusive to the Asus ROG Phone 6D Ultimate and is not compatible with the regular ROG Phone 6D or the older ROG Phone 6. Additionally, it has a 2-inch OLED display on the back, similar to its Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 counterpart, the Asus ROG Phone 6 Pro (the vanilla 6D only has RGB lighting for the ROG logo).

The post continues on our Blog: Weekly poll: Asus ROG Phone 6D duo asks if you would have Dimensity on Snapdragon

What do you think about it? Feel free to reply below!

TheRbxEpicNb

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
It's a really good phone, really powerful. But really, phones don't need that much power. I'm using a Pixel 4 XL, and I'm completely okay! Also, I don't like the fact that it doesn't have Android 13, I really love using Android 13. But yeah, 8/10!

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month