What is your guys' opinion on Baldurs Gate 3?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,634 happy users since 2014.
Register

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
I played Baldurs Gate 3's early access mode when it dropped on October 6th 2020, and even for an 'early access' game, it was filled with so much depth and content that I sank easily 50+ hours into on multiple characters, and it really was everything a Baldurs Gate fan would want. On the downside, there were some bugs that would slow down the fluidity of the game, but nothing major and also expected of a game in early access, but overall it is a major improvement both mechanically and graphically than its predecessors, whilst still maintaining the aspects that make it Baldur's Gate, and with an updated DnD rulebook on top of that, Larian has introduced us to a profuse number of new abilities and classes we can play to the utmost full when it is finally released out of early access (rumoured to be set for a 2023 release date).​
I wonder if there are any Baldur Gate fans in this forum who spent much of their childhood soaking hours of their time into these gems like myself, particularly when I smothered them in mods. And if so, are you looking forward to the full release of Baldur's Gate 3 and if you have played the early access, what are your thoughts on it? :)

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Oh my, that won't do at all, fellow! You absolutely must try out BG3 or its predecessors, even if they are outdated in terms of graphics and mechanics, because the story and depth are just worth the hassle, trust me! If you love RPGs with depth and customisation and a branching narrative where your choices truly influence the end, this is the game for you!

Anyhow, thank you for taking the time to reply, my friend, and enjoy the rest of your night (well, day for you in Syria right?)☺

IsraaNox

Sbenny's Police Officer
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 4 years
Did someone say Baldur's Gate??!
My most enjoyable and precious gaming experiences were spent playing the Forgotten Realms games. BG, NWN, Icewind Dale... They shaped my RPG experience and were my gateway to appreciating and learning more and more about both gaming and programming. Each of these games took me from 75 to 95 hours each! I still favor RPGs over other genres because of these games. 💕

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Oh my god yes! Someone after my own heart... these games set the foundation upon which games I would play in the future. Especially Baldurs Gate, NWN, TES, etc. They lead me to discover every greater treasures such as the Dragon Age Series and Mass Effect. ☺

Kellanoa

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 2 years
never heard of baldurs gate 3 but i played baldurs gate 1 and 2 which is i find difficult to play because complicated gameplay mechanics but i like the lore.

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
never heard of baldurs gate 3 but i played baldurs gate 1 and 2 which is i find difficult to play because complicated gameplay mechanics but i like the lore.
It's early access has been out for a couple years now, and like with Larian's Divinity series, you can play the first act until the full game is released. which I believe they are aiming for a 2023 release date.