What makes people play Idle Tycoon games?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,235 happy users since 2014.
Register

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
I get it's a distraction for a day or two, but some people find them very enjoyable... I would love to know why

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
Yes but still they end up being annoying to play. Like if you built a tolerance to them, after allthe gameplay is just clicking somewhere constantly

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
But there is no ending, is there? Once I just had a game stop counting in numbers and start with the whole alphabet from AA to XZ

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
Only one way to know.

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
Oh my that's the feeling!

ccvivi

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 1 year
I like checking the game once in a while and seeing how much money I've raised. Watching numbers go up can be strangely entrancing. Also, spending money to make more money is a fun gameplay loop!

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
Well uh you do you I guess. I've assumed people like different gameplays but idling is just, not gameplay.

Kellanoa

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 2 years
To waste time or pastime or to just enjoy a simple and not complicated game or just to relieved the boredom.

Unohana

The Explorer of Sbenny
Member for 3 years
I played because of the small grind and huge progress. And the fact that I can just leave it but still continue to earn coins is great

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
Yeah I guess watching the numbers go up is entertaining

GenshinGoGo

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I was addicted to Cookie Clicker for a while, as I thought it kind of had a story. It did, in which everyone loses their minds. Hm. I do have Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms and Fallout Shelter 3 downloaded, but those aren't really tycoon games. Personally, though, I played Cookie Clicker while working where I would have gotten in trouble if I actually played a 'real game' but I had plenty of time to occasionally click or watch my numbers go up. So for me, it was just minor entertainment at work and stickin' it to the man. ;)

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
Yeah I guess that the lack of active gameplay is it's biggest advantage.

GordonB

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
There's a feedback loop with those games that makes you feel like you're always either making progress or on the verge of getting there with just a bit more time and some clicks. I think what makes those games compelling is the frequent sense of earning small rewards as you unlock the next piece of the game and the anticipation of seeing what it is when you know you're gradually getting closer to it. I found myself surprisingly drawn into the ones that I tried quite quickly. To be honest that was something that I found to be slightly disturbing as it seems to use the same mental triggers that addiction does.

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
YeahI think you described it pretty well, I'm gonna take that as reference