What's the best visual novel game you've ever played?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,535 happy users since 2014.
Register

8hhh

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 3 years
Am still looking, I would love to hear your suggestion

Reactions: Sky

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
There's a lot of visual novel games out there and more are in the development phase.
I have many favorite, even one i dont even remember could be a favorite still when i remembered it.
Hakuoki all version is really nice. I bought them all and i dont regret spending my money.
But the one that is being etched on my mind is Beyond Eden, the story is just heartwrenching and full of angst between the MC and the current lord of the house(first son).
Doppelganger dawn of the breaking souls is an old one, but still amazing nonetheless. The story full of twist and also TWISTED CHARACTERS, heartbreaking storyline, good and bad ending worth to be experienced.
Fantasia series also made by doppelganger developer, is a good fantasy game. Recommended to try it. Both are old games so dont expect flashy graphics.
Freakquency is also a good sci fi slash fantasy in modern world. I also loved it so much but i dont really feel that attached to the sequel. This is also an old game if i remember correctly.
Nightshade, ninja romance. The betrayal, the plot twist, its nice but not the best but good nonetheless.
And lets not get started on steam prison, you just need to play it no matter what okay?
Blind Griffin was okay, you can try playing it if you are free. Honestly if the game story is more lengthier and explored more or maybe has a few sequel series, it might be one of the best.

8hhh

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 3 years
Thank you so much😘,your reviews about those games make them so interesting, and worth trying out.Which is why I will try one of those games and see how they're I don't really mind if they old what am really interested about is their storyline and characters.🤗

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
Thank you so much😘,your reviews about those games make them so interesting, and worth trying out.Which is why I will try one of those games and see how they're I don't really mind if they old what am really interested about is their storyline and characters.🤗
You're welcome!
If you want an android version of some of the game, you can visit android port section of our forum. I post sometimes in there too!
Also psst... if you don't have SB Points, i won't mind giving some of my port samples ;), just PM me!

8hhh

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 3 years
😂 sure I will check it out ,And I will surely keep that in mind thanks

BlueRozes

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Maybe the best VN I played is "Everlasting summer". It's free, and it can give interesting feelings. Oh, also people can make their own scenarios for this game, so you can download them too.
Original story is about summer camp and some mysteres of that unreal world. This game may be depressing, but I had a good time while playing it.

8hhh

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 3 years
Thanks I will check it out

PipaWhales

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
there's a free game on itch io called red handed robin, to do: today and pretender's guild. theyre sooo gooodd

tescan

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
I like the VN games from Winterwolves. One of my favourite is Loren Amazon Princess. It plays like a rpg. It has a nice, long story, though sometimes a bit weird, interesting characters, choices and the art is quite good.
I also like Planet Stronghold, also from Winterwolves and Season of the Wolf. Next to that i've played some VN from Hanako and from Christine Love, which also have long, detailled games, such as ladykiller in a bind.
Fair warning about ladykiller in a bind; that one is more a 18+ game, because of the story and the theme.

PurpleRose32

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
Definitely Zero Escape trilogy. The plot twists are all mind blowing (especially on the second game, Virtue's Last Reward) and I really love escape the room style of games. The story's really great too and how everything connects and fits together like a jigsaw puzzle. Like how some unanswered questions from the first game are answered on the the third game and vice versa.

I love Danganronpa series too. The characters are the best and the executions are interesting.

Steins;Gate made me sob hard the most. I love the plot twists too and how everything was explained. Granted a lot just flew over my head because I'm not that into science-y stuff, but I understand enough to make sense of the story and appreciate how an absolute masterpiece it is. Highly recommended!

As for otome games, I love Steam Prison the most. The worldbuilding is amazing, and the premise is unique. The attention to details is insane too like even though I've already plyed the whole game six times now, I still notice things I didn't before. The bad ends are written really well too and they contribute a lot in terms of character development (negative in this case), and overall setting of the game.

Minoq

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
The Pretenders Guild is so underrated. Like it's so cute and fun. It even has voicing now. :)

Minoq

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Definitely going to try and check out all of these, they sound so good. 😃