💬 Review Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 by Starboy23

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,764 happy users since 2014.
Register

Starboy23

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Reviewed Device: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Description
Released in September of 2017 the XiaoMi Mi Mix 2 was the second phone in Xiaomi's Mix family of phones, which were an attempt at making a bezel less flagship smartphones. It came in 2 main variants, one with a 6GB RAM and the other with 8GB RAM (memory varied from 64GB to 256GB), both had a powerful (for the time) Snapdragon 835 processor. And priced significantly lower than the competition. This too good to be true package was however not without it's flaws. The phone has an average back camera, and a subpar front facing camera and a 1080p display compared to it's 1440p flagship rivals.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Things I like
It's excellent battery life, amazing build quality (ceramic and aluminium), it's flagship tier processing power.

Things I don't like
An awkward placed front facing camera, (it's located on the lower right side of the phone) and an underwhelming back-facing camera.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
I've been using this phone for 3 years, in the entirety of this time, not once has it shown any signs of slowing down nor ever feeling "outdated" in terms of its performance.
The Mix 2 can be found going for dirt cheap money, I'd say it's a much better purchase than a new mid-tier or budget smartphone.
So I'd definitely recommend it.