Yennefer of Vengerberg or Triss Merigold? (The Witcher)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,070 happy users since 2014.
Register

Yen or Triss

• Total voters

Daelan

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
After reading in forums that Triss took advantage of Geralt's amnesia to seduce him, while being perfectly aware of his history with Yennefer and that he just didn't remember her, the choice was really easy for me.
I haven't read the books yet, but I've downloaded them all and will read them as soon as I can. Regarding the games, I've only played the 3rd one, but if I can get my hands on the first two, I'd love to play them. When it comes to the Netflix series, I gotta admit that I'm not interested in it, despite the good reviews, I've heard the casting of many characters has been awful and that's a deal breaker for me

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
After reading in forums that Triss took advantage of Geralt's amnesia to seduce him, while being perfectly aware of his history with Yennefer and that he just didn't remember her, the choice was really easy for me
Before that, was your choice different?

Daelan

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Before that, was your choice different?
Good question. Regarding looks, I prefer Yennefer to Triss, but when I began the witcher 3 (and knew nothing about it) I didn't understand why Yennefer was so secretive and distant, so I didn't like her much, but since she was getting almost no screen time, I decided to wait until she got more so I'd gather more info about her.
I really liked Triss' personality in the 3rd game, she was helpful, warm and funny. So yeah, at first I was leaning just a bit more towards choosing Triss, but when I read about the amnesia thing, it just didn't feel right to choose her anymore, I couldn't do it.

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Good question. Regarding looks, I prefer Yennefer to Triss, but when I began the witcher 3 (and knew nothing about it) I didn't understand why Yennefer was so secretive and distant, so I didn't like her much, but since she was getting almost no screen time, I decided to wait until she got more so I'd gather more info about her.
I really liked Triss' personality in the 3rd game, she was helpful, warm and funny. So yeah, at first I was leaning just a bit more towards choosing Triss, but when I read about the amnesia thing, it just didn't feel right to choose her anymore, I couldn't do it.
Many people have reverted their preference after reading the books. Its also interesting to note that showuld one choose to romance triss in witcher 3, the end result is that Triss leaves Geralt for some business (politics?) not caring about Geralt thus showing her true colors which are way more different than the warm and charming personality we normally see.

Johnnyboy808

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 2 years
I've always found yen quite charming on a personal level, she's quite straightforward and relatable in some ways. Well triss is the lovely dovey romance fantasy type of person, which makes it feel not quite genuine. And book wise, it will always be yen. But I've shifted more to triss now, that I think he deserves peace and more care. Without dealing with all of yen bs 😂

YannyBunny

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
Yennefer all the way. I first liked Triss because she seemed wife material and I normally would pick her personality-wise, but now... meh. She's also manipulative and that's off putting. I'll forever pick Yen and all the baggage that comes with her 😂 at least she's genuine 🤷‍♂️

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 5 years
Triss. Yennefer doesn't even like Geralt, but was under magic influence. Triss at least is genuine.

Johnnyboy808

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 2 years
Oh she is definitely manipulative, she lies to geralt multiple times. Book and game wise, yens is blunt. 😂 The attractive thing about triss, is her care and kindness towards geralt. Oh and the red hair 😏 but she mostly uses him etc so it comes off as not genuine, but the red hairrr... I mean yen is just a sexy emo 😂