💬 Review Your Name

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,813 happy users since 2014.
Register

ssraj

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Your Name

Two teenagers share a profound, magical connection upon discovering they are swapping bodies. Things manage to become even more complicated when the boy and girl decide to meet in person.

Review:
An Artistic Visual brilliance.
Came through a post on FB some hours ago about this anime film named “ Your Name”. That post had some relatable lines which triggered my soul right through so i downloaded this film right away and just finished watching it, the laptop is in my hands while the credits are getting rolled down and i am all emotional coming straight here to right my emotions about this art. Am literally out of the words to explain the emotional feeling am having right now, dont know where to start, the story, the connection of the souls who never really met, the cinematography, the direction or the story telling or the relatable dialogoes. Everything is all mixed up, i hardly turn up to animated movies apart from some childhood nostalgic ones. This movie took my heart straight away, the last time something from cinema made me like this, it was probably the ending scene from the Dark series or the release of ZSLJ. The rom com genre is not my go through but this animated film has taken my heart, lost in words not able to explain anything further. This movie straight away goes into the elite list of my favourites and probably in top 5 right there with “Requiem for a dream”, “Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind”, the movies that still has my heart to date. I literally jumped out in excitement in the last scene where I kept hoping taki and mitsuha could greet each other and when taki called her from behind, I had a moment like Will Smith who claps emotionally when he finally gets his job as a broker at the end of Pursuit of Happyness.
In a way the thing that connected me with this was the thorough relevance it had with me in some way, there are days when you wake up lost and u have a feeling of searching someone very dear who is lost but never really know who it is and why are u even trying to find them out, the one u never really have met but is still very known to you. The feeling if it is a dream world or a reality, where are u living and what is the difference between them?

Final Verdict
10/10

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐