💬 Review Your Place or Mine by PatchyBandi

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,991 happy users since 2014.
Register

PatchyBandi

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Your Place or Mine

This movie is a romance and comedy directed by Aline Brosh McKenna. It is about 2 besties Debbie and Peter who switch lifestyles and fall in love.

Review:
The movie is 1 hour and 51 minutes long. Is released in 2023 on the February 10th of Friday. This movie is relatively new on Netflix and is considered number one in "Top 10 Movies in the U.S. Today". There are six subtitles and five dubbing. Maturity rating is PG-13. I recommend it for adults into rom-com though.

SPOILERS: I am pretty sure this movie is predictable, but I am going to reveal a bit of the story below.

The atmosphere is jolly and there are a bunch of upbeat songs.

The movie proceeds to point out stuff indicating it is 2003 and tells us it is in Los Angeles. Then there was a 20 year time skip. Debbie stays in Los Angeles and Peter is in New York. They still keep in contact.

The story did not linger too long. The director makes a point that these two are really close. For example, talking about personal stuff, being relaxed around each other, and helping each other without feeling indebted. Then there is their longtime friendship. There was barely screen time for them together, so don't expect any lovey-dovey moments excluding the making out scenes.

It makes another point to develop their relationship by uncovering their true feelings and secrets through each other's lives. However, the best part was not for them to finally be together. It was with the people both of the main leads spent time with.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would not recommend it. It tries to be sweet and funny, but it is forgettable. If you are curious about the journey is quite fulfilling.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'm actually watching this right now! I skipped over the spoilers, but I agree that it's probably going to be predictable. I think I like that in my romcoms, though. I'm a sucker for a happy ending 😂