✯ Sbenny Recipes ✯ From Around The World ♁

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,799 happy users since 2014.
Register

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
oie_OCzGIXXOYfes.png

Hey all, I've always loved food and not just eating it, lol. But also cooking and creating it.
Now I know you can find pretty much anything online, just by searching through Google.
But I want something different. I want real recipes, real homemade food from around the world.
Not that restaurant style recreation or takeout/order in stuff people post.
I want True recipes from peoples homes, that they make for their families.

Food is Love.
I believe this, because no matter who you are, no matter what school you go to, job you do.
At the end of the day you come home and food brings everyone together.
It doesn't matter the setting or room, when the food is ready people come from all over the house to eat.
You sit together, you talk together, discussing the days events and you enjoy a home cooked meal together.
That is love.

So this thread is going to be people from all over the world posting their food recipes and hopefully some pictures
of their delicious home cooked meals they make for their families.
I can go online and look up "authentic Italian meals" but that doesn't mean I'm gonna get true home cooked Italian recipes.
So this thread will be a place where food lovers from around the world can share the love.

oie_EcNXgswnustG.png

Rules & Guidelines:

*Recipe Formats*
Please make sure you recipes are complete, organized, all measurements are listed & direction for each step are clear.
Measurements can be Metric or Imperial. Post conversions if you can. {This will help everyone}
Most Countries use Metric, but us silly Americans {lol} still use the Imperial system.
That's right, I'd say or write something like "4 cups of broth" rather than "1 Liter" {Which is approx}
Conversion isn't mandatory. Most of us can use Google to convert it.
-EXAMPLE Recipe-
Recipe Name: Chicken & Dumplings {approx serving size}
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided into 1/2 cup & 1/4 cup
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • Chicken, Boneless & Skinless Breast or Tenders. About 3 pounds, cooked & cut up
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 medium carrots, chopped
  • 2 celery ribs, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 cups chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup white wine or apple cider
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 5 whole peppercorn

• DUMPLINGS: {Homemade or buy Pillsbury Biscuits}

• Sauce/Gravy:

Directions
You get the idea.
oie_EcNXgswnustG.png

*Requests*
If you want something specific or if you're a bit unsure but know the cultural style, just make a post like this..

-REQUEST EXAMPLE-
Recipe Name: {Chicken style dish | beef style dish {specify type of beef, ground meat, cubed, steak and so on}
Cultural Style: {Italian, French, German} or leave blank
Approx Serving Size: {how much you'd like it to make}
A request doesn't need a special format, just be as specific as you can.

oie_EcNXgswnustG.png

That's about all guys. I am on my way to make dinner now. Once I'm finished I will post what I made.​

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
Ooooh, i like this post, i'll be living in this post now 😍😂.
I love trying new food from different cultures -not always with good results sadly 😥-.
So this idea is amzing and i'll be sure to try a lot of recipes from here, thanks @Axiom

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Tonights Dinner was actually 2 different meals. I not a big fan of veggies, so I made two different dishes, not something I normally do.

First we have Zucchini Parmesan.

Recipe Name: Zucchini Parmesan

Approx Servings: 2

Ingredients:
2 Medium Size Zucchini
* Approx 3/4 to 1 Cup of Sauce (Homemade or Jarred) Depends on how saucy you like it.
* 2 Teaspoons of Grated Parmesan Cheese
* 1/2 Cup to 1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I like it extra cheesy)
* Dried Parsley, Basil & Oregano; to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
* Cut the ends off Zucchini and slice in half long ways
* Spoon/scrape out seeds and center (save for later)
20180829_162925_Film1.jpg

Sauce:
For this recipe I will be using jarred sauce {I know, Bad Axiom for using jarred sauce. but I made two meals, so that's my excuse :D}
* Add 3/4 cup of Sauce into a small pot and mix in saved Zucchini scoopings
* Warm on stove on Medium heat for about 5 to 10 mins or until Zucchini has flavored your sauce nicely.
* Turn heat off and add the Parmesan cheese

* Now add the sauce mix back into the spooned out Zucchini & top with Mozzerella cheese
20180829_164321_Film1.jpg

20180829_164627_Film1.jpg

* Sprinkle lightly to taste with Dried Parsley, Basil & Oregano
* Place in oven for 15 to 20 mins or until cheese is bubbly.
* Optionally you can turn on your broiler for about 5 mins at the end to brown cheese.
20180829_172555_Film1.jpg

Ok and meal number 2, Shepherd's Pie :D

Recipe name: Shepherds Pie Pot Pies
Approx Servings: 4

Ingredients For Meat:
* 1 to 1 & 1/4 pound of ground meat (beef, pork, lamb. its your choice)
* 1 Tablespoon of oilve oil
* 1 Tablespoon of margarine or butter
* 1 Teaspoon sugar
* 1 Teaspoon of salt {Optional}
* 2 Tablespoons of Red Wine {Optional}
* 1/2 cup of beef broth
* 3 teaspoons of minced garlic or about 3 to 4 fresh minced garlic cloves
* 1/4 cup of frozen corn {thawed}
* 1/4 cup of frozen carrots (diced or sliced) {thawed}
* 1/4 cup of frozen peas {thawed}
* 1/2 of a small onion; diced
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Ingredients For Mash Potatoes:
* 2 Medium to Large potatoes (peeled or not. Cut and cubed)
* 2 teaspoons of minced garlic or about 2 to 3 fresh minced garlic cloves
* 2 tablespoons of sour cream
* 1/4 to 1/2 of cup milk {depends on how creamy you want your mas potatoes. I usually just eyeball it
* 2 teaspoons of salt {Optional - you can add more or less to taste}
* 1 cup of shredded cheese {your favorite kind. I like mixing it, so I use Cheddar & Pepper Jack}

Other Ingredients:
* Prepackaged Pillsbury pie shells {Usually come 2 in a box. I only use 1}
* A small jar of beef gravy
* 4 4inch ramekins {They usually measure about 3.75 inches}

Meat Directions: {You will need to multi task with this recipe, so read it in full before you start}
* Place ground meat in medium pan or pan and cooked til browned
* Remove from heat, drain all grease, wipe pan clean & set meat aside for later
* Add Olive oil and margarine/butter to pan and heat til melted and hot
* Add Onions, salt, black pepper and sugar and sear til lightly brown
* Add thawed corn, peas, carrots & minced garlic to the pan with the onions and sautee for approx 5-10 mins or until fragrant
* Add the reserved beef, beef broth and red wine, cook until liquid is mostly evaporated and absorbed by the beef

Mashed Potato Directions:
* You can peel the potatoes or leave the skin on. I like it on
* Cut and cube the potatoes and place in a pot of water and boil til soft
* Once softened, drain and put in a mixing bowl
* Add milk, sour cream, garlic and salt and using mixer to whip the potatoes
* Once Potatoes are whipped lightly fold in cheese

Combinding It All:
* Roll Pillsbury pie shell out and use ramekin to cut 4 circles to use as bottoms
* Place cut pie shell into bottom of ramekin and use left over pie shell to make sides
* Spoon about 2 teapsoons of mash potatoes into bottom of ramekin and spread
* Spoon even amount of meat and veggie mix into ramekin ontop of bottom layer of potatoes
* Add about 2 to 4 teaspoon of beef gravy on top pf the meat mix, just enough to moisten
* Either spoon or pipe enough potatoes to cover meat
* Optionally you can brush potatoes with melted margarine or butter
* Bake in oven at 400 for 20 mins or until potatoe edges brown {If you like them more golden brown, turn broiler on for a 5-7 mins at the end}
20180829_181316_Film1.jpg

Making 2 meals got busy and I forgot to take more pics of the Shepherds Pie and brush it with butter
But that's it guys. Any question or comments, just let me know.

Attachments

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Thank You
:love:

Cooking is also my passion. You baited and goaded us, your bad. lol
Apologies if I made mistakes. Just feeling wanna sharing. Drooling just from imagination. Here it goes :

~• Dumpling Bombs •~
SBENNY.COM's Exclusive
axiom.png

_20180830_085330.JPG _20180831_082134.JPG
Approx serving : A family of 4
(usually just me, wifey & two children)

Ingredients :
* Whole Chicken with head, feet, bones & skins intact (other meats permissible according to personal preference)
* Dumpling skins bought or make your own.
* Bunch of Turnips (Harvest Moon yay)
* Ginger, Onion, Garlic, Celery
* Salt, Sugar, Black/White Pepper, Vinegar, Cooking Wine, Sesame Oil, MSG + your preferred herbs for personal taste.
(Am not a professional cook. Depended on feelings not measurement and goes with the flow.
Thats how a care-free guy do it, adding necessary ingredients from hands-on tasting. Avoid MSG mostly, but it does makes a difference)

Directions :
* Debone and remove the skins, as well as head, feet and content of chicken.
* Boil the bones, skins, head, feet and insides to make a soup/broth.
* Go wild kung-fu chopping the turnips, ginger, garlic, onion, celery and herbs, while adding the liquid and powdered ingredients. Not till a too-smooth texture, but tiny sizes for the crunchy sensation.
* Mince the meat in a blender or by a cleaver till preferred texture. (Consider it a relaxing-therapy or venting of stress)
* Combine and blend them together in a big bowl container.

You can strain the soup into pans to make gelatins in a freezer, then cut them into tiny cube shapes or just make do with a liquid broth. Like this :
_20180830_085439.JPG _20180830_085420.JPG
I strain the skins and feet, separating the gel and soft milky meat/bone parts. Mince and blend them together with the meat paste.
(Fat make it tastier and collagen is secret of youth for women, also early defense against oestoporosis.
I just care and adore my girls)

Fill up the dumpling skins with your meat paste. Leaving spaces for the gelatin or a spoonful of liquid soup.
Just carefully add the soup before closing the dumplings. Like this :
_20180830_085453.JPG _20180830_085505.JPG
_20180830_085347.JPG

You can either steam or fry them to make two meals out of your efforts.
Older folks preferred it steamed while children love it in fried form.
_20180830_085403.JPG _20180831_075620.JPG
The secret FUN when we cook it "this" way is from the soup/gelatin innovation.
Cooking and Eating can be a Wonderful Family-time if we just adapt some creative ideas from beginning of the process till the consumption part.

Be Careful when eating these. When its hot, the soup inside will scald lips and tounges. So, just enjoy it slowly, piercing or biting lil corner first and savour the fillings leisurely.
Or you can get a laugh from tricking the unwary by not warning them. Letting it explode between their rushed greedy mouthfuls.
Its not called bombs for no reason.
A game hidden in food-form. lol

This is..an oriental eastern dumpling recipe to balance western gnocchi ones.
Hope you like it.

(Apologies again. Took me 4 hours already writing this and will post a bitter-gourd donut recipe after this. That Zucchini one gave me ideas.
Will re-edit later after suggestions and critiques)
:angeldroid:

Last edited:

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
~° Bitter-Gourd Donuts °~
SBENNY.COM's Exclusive
axiom.png

_20180830_105856.JPG

Ingredients :
* A basket-full of bitter-gourds.
* Meat of your preference. All does taste like chicken, after all.
* Tomatoes, Ginger, Onion and Garlic.
* Salt, Sugar, Black/White Pepper, Vinegar, Cooking Wine, MSG + your preferred herbs for personal taste.

Directions :
* Wash the gourds in running water to remove pesticide-residual.
* Cut into ring/donut-shapes and scoop/clear out the seeds and filmsy skin-filaments inside. Two to three-fingers of height/thickness.
Not too thin, like this :
_20180830_111028.JPG
(as you need to fill the middle with meat-paste later and thicker donuts give more satisfaction)
* Or if you can stand the bitterness and in fact need it for the medicinal-properties, leave the seeds and everything else. Like this :
_20180830_111041.JPG
* Sprinkle a palm-full of salt into a vat of boiling water and churn it a bit till dissolve.
(Need not do this, if you go all macho gung-ho with the seeds and everything)
* Dump the gourd donuts in and boil until your preferred texture. I like it spongy and not crunchy, but some might like it somehow at a middle-way.
* While the saline-water is doing the job of removing the bitter taste, you can go have fun playing games with the other ingredients.
* Need not boil the tomatoes, just wash and chop till lil bits. Its for the sweetness/sourness to balance the bitterness.
* Do that as well with the garlics, gingers and onions. Make them pay. Bring out your inner psychotic-tendencies. mwahaha
* Mince the meat then combine with everything else. No judge or jury deciding on points like in a contest there. Its your creations, others either eat with a smile or find alternatives. lol

* Remove the gourds from the pot and throw away the water or drink it if you went the medicine-route just now (remember NOT to add salt previously, if your going to drink it)
Also need to scoop away the seeds but leave the filaments as its there the concentration of medicines.
* Fill out the middle of the gourd-donuts with that meat-paste. Like this :
_20180830_110013.JPG
Voila!
Now you can either steam, bake or fried those donuts.
I usually make two versions from this recipe. A thinner rings boiled for just awhile so that its still crunchy AND a thicker rings version boiled longer for the soft melt-in-your mouth spongy suits better to my preference.
_20180830_105916.JPG
Humanity are widely known throughout the multiverse for the imaginations and innovations.
You can add black beans or whatever other crazy-combinations for experimentations and adaptations.
Hey, its your unique taste-buds and stomachs anyway. lol
_20180830_105932.JPG

Your own Choices of Culinary Arts
:kissdroid:

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
This is an extraordinary idea, I truly love it and I hope everyone will follow your format! Whenever I'll get a chance to put my hands on something special, I'll take photos and try to follow your guidelines :) (altough I usually don't follow any measurements as creativity drives me :lol: )

Wonderful idea, thread #Sticked and #Promoted!

JTG

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 5 years
Dang, Love the idea behind this whole post, now just learning how to mod apps and some, now im learning how to cook! atleast this recipe guides helps me removes the "burnt" part of every thing I "cooked"

eg. "burnt" sunny side up eggs, "burnt" fried chicken, " 2nd degree burnt" trying-to-saute-spices-but-accidentally-didnt-have-the-oil-shield, "burnt" salads (yep). "burnt" fried rice. at the lists goes on and on...

P.S. thanks for this Post @Axiom

amodernmyth

Graphics Guru
Member for 5 years
This is one of my favorite recipes from childhood!!

IMG_20180807_231431469.jpg

Spicy Chicken Spaghetti

What You Will Need:

Two 9x13 baking pans, sprayed with cooking spray/oil
One decent-sized pot to cook pasta in
Two 9x13 baking pans

Serving Size

Would feed around 8 to 10 people in a sitting.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 stick of butter
  • 16oz spaghetti (cooked according to directions and drained)
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cut into pieces)
  • 2 cans Rotel tomatoes (slightly drained, but not entirely)
  • 1 large can of peas, drained (or a small bag of frozen peas)
  • 1 large can mushrooms, drained (or a pack of fresh, sliced mushrooms)
  • 1 large jar pimentos (drained)
  • 1 large white onion (chopped)
  • 1 jalepeno, diced
  • 16 oz box of Velveeta Cheese (cut into chunks)
  • Chipotle chili powder (to taste)
  • Ancho chili powder (to taste)
  • Salt (to taste)
  • Pepper (to taste)
  • Garlic Powder (to taste)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit

Cook spaghetti per instructions on box.

Set spaghetti aside after draining.

Cook cut chicken breast in butter until 1/4 cooked.

When chicken is 1/4 cooked, add more butter, along with onion, and mushrooms. When they start looking close to done, add Rotel, pimentos, jalapeno, and peas. Cook until veggies are tender. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powders to taste.

Cut Velveeta into small squares while veggies are cooking.

Prep two 9x13 baking pans with oil. Disperse ingredients evenly into pans, then add cut Velveeta to it. Mix it in.

Cover with aluminum foil sprayed with oil. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, about 30 minutes, until cheese melts. I, personally, let it go a bit longer --- maybe 10 minutes longer. I, personally, like the cheese to be a bit crusty. :)
Post automatically merged:

The Luther Burger (Donut Burger)

28467921_1637166399732693_579987432810671123_n.jpg

Serving Size: Feeds two people.

YOU WILL NEED:

• Four Glazed Doughnuts (Krispy Kreme is preferred in my home)
  • 1/2 lb. 87% lean ground beef
  • 2 slices American cheese
  • 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
  • Lettuce (iceberg or artisan --- either works; it’s really all about personal preference)
  • 1 yellow tomato
  • 1 white onion
  • Two large eggs
  • Salted butter
  • Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning

HOW TO MAKE IT:

1. Set propane grill to “high”
  2. Separate beef into two equally sized balls, and press each ball into a patty.
  3. Sprinkle each patty with Chachere’s seasoning.
  4. Heat a frying pan on the stove with 2 tbsp salted butter
  5. Crack two large eggs into the pan (make sure not to break yolks)
  6. Place patties on grill and lower the heat to “medium”
  7. Cook both patties and eggs to desired level of doneness
  8. Just before removing, place two slices of cheese on each patty and allow to melt
  9. Assemble burger as usual using doughnuts as buns, placing the egg from earlier on top of the cheese of each burger.
  10. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
This is one of my favorite recipes from childhood!!

Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
God, this looks so delicious! 😍😍😍
Post automatically merged:

Thank You
:love:

Cooking is also my passion. You baited and goaded us, your bad. lol
Apologies if I made mistakes. Just feeling wanna sharing. Drooling just from imagination. Here it goes :

~• Dumpling Bombs •~
View attachment 5725
Approx serving : A family of 4
(usually just me, wifey & two children)

Ingredients :
* Whole Chicken with head, feet, bones & skins intact (other meats permissible according to personal preference)
* Dumpling skins bought or make your own.
* Bunch of Turnips (Harvest Moon yay)
* Ginger, Onion, Garlic, Celery
* Salt, Sugar, Black/White Pepper, Vinegar, Cooking Wine, Sesame Oil, MSG + your preferred herbs for personal taste.
(Am not a professional cook. Depended on feelings not measurement and goes with the flow.
Thats how a care-free guy do it, adding necessary ingredients from hands-on tasting. Avoid MSG mostly, but it does makes a difference)

Directions :
* Debone and remove the skins, as well as head, feet and content of chicken.
* Boil the bones, skins, head, feet and insides to make a soup/broth.
* Go wild kung-fu chopping the turnips, ginger, garlic, onion, celery and herbs, while adding the liquid and powdered ingredients. Not till a too-smooth texture, but tiny sizes for the crunchy sensation.
* Mince the meat in a blender or by a cleaver till preferred texture. (Consider it a relaxing-therapy or venting of stress)
* Combine and blend them together in a big bowl container.

You can strain the soup into pans to make gelatins in a freezer, then cut them into tiny cube shapes or just make do with a liquid broth. Like this :
View attachment 5727View attachment 5728
I strain the skins and feet, separating the gel and soft milky meat/bone parts. Mince and blend them together with the meat paste.
(Fat make it tastier and collagen is secret of youth for women, also early defense against oestoporosis.
I just care and adore my girls)

Fill up the dumpling skins with your meat paste. Leaving spaces for the gelatin or a spoonful of liquid soup.
Just carefully add the soup before closing the dumplings. Like this :
View attachment 5729View attachment 5730
View attachment 5731
You can either steam or fry them to make two meals out of your efforts.
Older folks preferred it steamed while children love it in fried form.
View attachment 5732
The secret FUN when we cook it "this" way is from the soup/gelatin innovation.
Cooking and Eating can be a Wonderful Family-time if we just adapt some creative ideas from beginning of the process till the consumption part.

Be Careful when eating these. When its hot, the soup inside will scald lips and tounges. So, just enjoy it slowly, piercing or biting lil corner first and savour the fillings leisurely.
Or you can get a laugh from tricking the unwary by not warning them. Letting it explode between their rushed greedy mouthfuls.
Its not called bombs for no reason.
A game hidden in food-form. lol

This is..an oriental eastern dumpling recipe to balance western gnochi ones.
Hope you like it.

(Apologies again. Took me 4 hours already writing this and will post a bitter-gourd donut recipe after this. That Zucchini one gave me ideas.
Will re-edit later after suggestions and critiques)
I've always wanted to try making dumplings myself, i think i'll be trying this soon, it looks so yummy 😍❤

SilverSilvy

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
I have the perfect recipe for soup that will perk you up and give you so much energy. My grandmom always would make it for me when I was a child until she passed away when I was 16. Then I learned how to make on my eighteenth birthday like all my other siblings. But Im so sad I cant share it since they are a family secret. But now thanks to this thread ill have more recipes to pass on to my kids when they turn 18.

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
@Sbenny
I don't usually use measurements myself, I learned to eyeball and experiment while I was training to be a cook, but I figured there may be many people on here who may need the measurements so I just eyed it in a measuring cup and spoons, lol :D

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this thread so far and I really happy to see people posting their fav foods.

I can't wait to try some of these.

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
Homemade alcoholic Icecream

Ingredients :
12 ounces of any alcoholic beverage you like ( I used Vodka )
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
¾ – 1 cup sugar (depending on bitterness of the beer)
½ teaspoon sea salt
6 large egg yolks
2 cups whipping cream

Instruction :
1. Pour 6 ounces of the Vodka into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat and simmer until the vodka reduces by half (to 3 ounces.) Remove from heat.
2. In a large saucepan, add the egg yolks, sugar and salt and whisk together well. Whisk in the cream and cook, stirring constantly, until a custard is formed. You want it at 180 degrees, or to be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Remove from heat and add reduced vodka, the remaining vodka and vanilla. Stir to combine.
3. Strain the mixture into a clean bowl using a fine mesh strainer. (This will remove any bits of cooked egg.)
4. Place the custard in the fridge and stir frequently until the custard is cool. Allow to cool in the fridge for an additional 4 hours, or overnight.
Process the custard according to the directions given by your ice cream maker's manufacturer.
5. Transfer to a glass container (plastic will often break in the freezer) and freeze the ice cream for at least 4 hours.

Enjoy!

Reminder:
Homemade ice cream will keep for about 5 days in your freezer, but I find that it is best eaten within a day or two.

Make sure that the beer you use is not hoppy or bitter or it will make your ice cream taste bitter. Use a sweeter, malty beer.