How to get SB Points at sbenny.com

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,040 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Well, that's not too bad, at least the download speed, but consider your device needs to upload some data to the Ad Network in order for it to send back the proper ad to show, so your low upload speed might be the real culprit here.

Snailsoft

In Love Lv4️⃣
Well, that's not too bad, at least the download speed, but consider your device needs to upload some data to the Ad Network in order for it to send back the proper ad to show, so your low upload speed might be the real culprit here.
It would explain WiFi working too.

It takes a 30' tall booster antenne tranceiver to connect to Verizon relay tower nearly 20 miles away to even get that much signal. I even route through VPN to streamline data.
Being a network engineer (among other trades) helps of little when there is simply no signal.
Okay... so, if I can not change signal, and I can not control server for ads, then perhaps I can mod the app for low end streaming.
It is ironic since I spent many years making software to kill ads and now I use those tools to make it possible to receive. Good thing I am liking this forum so much :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
It would explain WiFi working too.

It takes a 30' tall booster antenne tranceiver to connect to Verizon relay tower nearly 20 miles away to even get that much signal. I even route through VPN to streamline data.
Being a network engineer (among other trades) helps of little when there is simply no signal.
Okay... so, if I can not change signal, and I can not control server for ads, then perhaps I can mod the app for low end streaming.
It is ironic since I spent many years making software to kill ads and now I use those tools to make it possible to receive. Good thing I am liking this forum so much :)
Well, you know, we try our best to offer many different ways to get SB Points, watching videos being one of them (and one of the most requested), however you can still consider all our other ways to get SB Points here: How to get SB Points at sbenny.com even though I admit some of them would still, somehow, require a good connection, as uploading files to be shared here (which can get you some SB Points) would still require a good connection indeed. Out of curiosity, are you farming SB Points for a game in particular?

Snailsoft

In Love Lv4️⃣
Out of curiosity, are you farming SB Points for a game in particular?
No. I am keeping 500 in reserve in the event a request is fullfilled for a mod. The rest I use mainly for RPG's or tools.
I did try an upload but think it not approved and it was very difficult due to repeat attempts.
Getting the points isn't so much an issue now for me as is getting things to work. It's a thing with me. I see app that should work but doesn't, I want to know why and if I can fix. I am learning Android/Kotlin/Gradle to expand upon my knowledge. Too, I have always enjoyed trouble shooting. While this may not be an issue for many, from a sales point of view, no need to cut out people if tool can be made to work for all, or a lite version for low end users.

Snailsoft

In Love Lv4️⃣
Okay! I have cause of the problem now.
I fully decompile this app, RE the thing, trace it out.
I manage to strip out about 16Mb of Kotlin code, update API, fix old APKTools compiler code, and recompile. Not as much smaller as I would like, but now I can get much more data.
By running through my own loopback proxy, data comes in... connections, ports, etc.

When app gets to global data management block and begins loading GoogleAPis is where all goes poopoo.

tcp://[2607:f8b0:4009:814::200a]:443 is one of hundreds of addresses that app tries to contact.
These are all in a block range and belong to Google Ad Service DNS.
My first thought, my security killed the app connection, so I bypass.
No, still no data returned.
I open terminal app and ping android.googleapis.com
Complete packet loss.
I use browser and external ping and get 100% packet data good.
Screenshot_20240215_180103_Via.jpg

I contact tech support, and as I suspected, the carrier has firewalled this DNS due to all the ads and loss of bandwith they cause.
So, my modified app nor bypassing firewall, will ever make this app work for me without WiFi (as on WiFi I am not using secure data carrier).

And I even made this new icon for lite version.
At least now I know, the app is working, it is being stopped by carrier.

Photo_1708034443369.jpg

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Wouldn't all this mean you could bypass this by using a VPN?

Snailsoft

In Love Lv4️⃣
Wouldn't all this mean you could bypass this by using a VPN?
No.
I do use a VPN, but no matter what, all data passes through the carrier which itself acts like proxy.
Without access to the carrier services the end user has no control over what they filter.
It isn't the same as HTTP protocols, but similar to AdHoc connection. If AdHoc blocks a Port, one might map around it, but if AdHoc blocks IP(s) a VPN is still likely to fail as IP range and DNS are blocked. With cellular carriers they also check packet data for content, so it matters not were data says it derives, if undesirable then it is stopped.

Now, an encrypted and elite proxy outside the network might do the trick as DNS is bypassed and packets unreadable. However, this creates much latency and signal and packet loss. Were I in a better situation, this would likely work using an RSA key over a SOCKS5 Proxy. Unfortunately, as you have seen, I'm barely able to get a signal and any more latency or loss renders moot the attempt. Noted, my situation is uncommon.
When next I get to a city having good cellular coverage, I will attempt this method and report results.

secretbunker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Richest VIPs
Active User
Member for 6 years
Don't forget the popular SB Points contests.
That darn @Sbenny is so generous, he gives you 50 points just for entering the FREE for any of us "SBennyians" SB Points contest presided over by that lovable, clever, kind hearted, talented human being, @agarriberri

(y) (y) (y) :hattip: