💬 Review 1984

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,718 happy users since 2014.
Register

Tinaa28

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: 1984

1984 is a book concerning matters of politics and society. The plot's about a middle aged man named Winston who starts to rebel against the monotone life full of working, not allowing any sort of fun activities. Life with love, creativity or intelligence is something the regime and the proles want to destroy. Winston is not okay with this, as well as a younger woman Julia, who he meets later on – together they want to fight for obtaining free, lustful life.

Review:
In my opinion, the book is a masterpiece, I'm not gonna lie. George Orwell is a genius, I've read several of his books and he never disappoints. While reading the book, I got lost so deep into the story I almost couldn't stop reading. The themes which are discussed in this book, being connected to such interesting things in society and life in general – the idea of this is just great and George Orwell managed to write about it gracefully as expected. The storyline won't get boring just once and for being a book with a bit over 300 pages it's really easy to read through fast. There are so many sentences in this book which regard the meaning of life and can be interpreted in such many different and interesting ways. The tension throughout the book is there from the beginning and I can't help being fascinated by the style of writing and the many problems, sadness and monotony Orwell makes his characters face. I now agree with the many people who read this book already and said that this was a good book. It is indeed a very good book, it is definitely not just one of those which you just read once and put back into your shelf, forgetting the plot after a few months – no. 1984 is worth reading and not only because it is interesting for once – you could read it several times and it wouldn't get boring, plus I believe it teaches about life a whole lot too.

Would you recommend this to other users? Of course! I highly recommend it to whoever is interesting in politics and deep questions about society and psychology. I especially like it because it's rather an old book and still so shockingly up to date.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐