A bit of thought on modding university

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,964 happy users since 2014.
Register

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
I apologize I havent been very active. There was a period when my country was looking at civil war, offline stuff just getting in the way, and thoughts of not having an income soon.

In any case, I have been playing with unity games and il2cpp, modding with IDA, smali hacking and so on.

What I find is that I am not understanding everything necessary to grow in modding.

And I haven't seen too many newer tuts being put up to explain more advanced things lately.

For example, I find games like Choices that I cant figure out what it is. But someone has modded it here.

Or I find il2cpp dumping itself easy, and finding things in the dump but once I get to IDA the tutorials are not specific enough for my situation. Maybe I am just not seeing what someone is trying to explain.

I was thinking that it might help if we can do what we had done with unity and json files, create step by steps with games in different situations. E.g someone modded an il2cpp game, then released it, and then come back and write a tut on exactly how that specific game was modded, what was used, what was looked for, and where the changes were made.

I mean its not like its a proprietary mod.

If there were 20 game specific tuts modding il2cpp, I assume it would qualify as IDA tuts, hex and arm conversion tuts, and show many different situations where others can learn it.

Same with all modding.

Maybe its just a problem with me. Lol.

And maybe I am asking too much from others.

I can follow the same pattern. E.g I just updated food fever and I can go and make a tut of how and where I modded it... Like after a while of looking I found a common link in the word "buy" and found if I took out the neg instruction it would add instead of subtract and of course if I change sub to add then we have a winner in that game. But unity is easier and most modders can figure it out insanely easy.

I dont mind following suit though because if it helps others while more experienced modders place things that help me I am glad to do it.

Again though, I may be over thinking and not seeing what is right in front of my face like arm and hex and so on.

What are the thoughts of more experienced modders?

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
Sadly you wont find tutorials for modding games with better protection as this would be just an invitation for devs to patch things.

Some games you can hex edit actual data if they are not obfuscated. Lot of time the values are stored as reversed hex int or reversed hex float. You can convert to float with online util and then just read number backwards eg 12 FE you read as FE 12. Anyway when i fix my pc i will make tutorial on this. In meantime it might be worth visit some chinese forums as you find lot of interesting things there, google translate should be sufficient to understand also they have step by step pictures which help a lot. Good luck buddy.

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Well, we need a more secure place to do that then.. because I can see like just a "touch" of topics.

At the same time, I still have yet to understand this "HEX" modding you have been talking about for a year now.... its over my head.
LOL.