A Guide to Become a Modder

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,724 happy users since 2014.
Register

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
Greetings, Have you ever thought of becoming a modder? or you decided to become a modder and don't know where to start?. You might've asked this somewhere around this forum and other members or staff would've probably guided you to check out the Android Modding University section, but in this section there are plenty of good tutorials and you probably again end up in confusion and ask yourself "Woah, Where do i start?". This guide will help you answer this question. Now before we get started. i want to let you know that there's no such saying "Not everyone can become a modder!". You can Become a modder just by following this guide. Let's get started.

Guides are Sorted. Beginner to Advanced.

Beginner :
📖 Tutorial - LuckyPatcher - How to Setup and Use [Jan 2019] ( This Tutorial was made by @D3T0X ) This is the easiest way to mod a game. You can mod offline games with this and nowadays most of the games and apps comes with protection which doesn't allow you to patch an apk. This allows you to make in-app purchases for free. Patching a mod using lucky patches is easy and all u need is an android phone to do this. For more details, Go check out that topic. This is a start. If u successfully patched an apk, Congrats! you're now a Beginner in modding. You actually can help other members by posting your lucky patcher mod on Game Releases Section and earn SB Points.
Also Check @Gourov 's Tutorial (📖 Tutorial - How to Setup Lucky Patcher (First Time))

Beginner : 📖 Tutorial - How to use GameGuardian without root in Virtual space app (with video tutorials) (This Tutorial was made by @AndnixSH ) Its not that easy, it depends on what game you use it on. First you start on offline games, follow that tutorial. You have a chance to become an Advanced Modder on Memory Editing. Game Guardian is the most commonly used memory editor. If you have successfully Hacked the game and edited its data the way you liked it then Congrats!. Once you become an Advanced Modder, You can then learn how to make your own script and you can post that script here on our forum. For example, Check this LUA Script posted by @NoFear (📲 Tutorial - Planet Master [LUA Script]).

Here's another Tutorial made by @AndnixSH : GameGuardian Lesson – Searching grouped “known” value.

Lets move on to the Advanced tutorials. There's not much to say about Advanced. You should dedicate yourself here and keen to learn it. These tutorials are Advanced and don't worry, if you understand it. It's easy.

Also you need to download the apk you want to mod to your personal computer and some applications which can be found on these tutorials.

Advanced : The basics: Hacking (Mod) Android Games with Net Reflector ( This tutorial was made by @Sbenny ) Want to mod a game which as a file name Assembly-Csharp.dll on /assets/bin/data/managed/ ? This tutorial will help you mod it. It's hard to find an apk on this category but i strongly advice you to try it and mod.

Advanced : 📖 Tutorial - How To Hack Using IDA (This tutorial was made by @Infamous ) Let's say this is the Beginning stage of Advancement. If you've learnt this and made a mod then congrats!. Now u can post mods and easily become a Elite modder which comes with high SB Points rewards and perks. Also check his tutorial :- 📖 Tutorial - How to know what to change in IDA in order to make your hack work

Advanced : Auto Toaster (Auto inject toast in APK file) ( This tutorial was made by @AndnixSH ) Now that you've successfully modded a game, the next step is recognition. This program allows you to add toast messages which will show up when someone downloaded and launch the mod. Its not just a recognition, this is also a basic protection against other members who tries to steal your mod and post it somewhere else. The toast message shows that it belongs to you.

There's another way to add toast message and also splash screen, this is the manual method : 📖 Tutorial - How to add Custom Toast Messages, Dialogs & Splash Screens in MOD APK Files (This tutorial was made by @Sbenny ) I recommend to use this method as this method is old and allows you to browse through the game data where u manually paste the toast message inside a smali file.

Advanced: 📖 Tutorial - How to dump and mod il2cpp games (2016) (Obsolete) (This tutorial was made by @AndnixSH) This tutorial is strictly for modders. If u come across a lib called "libil2cpp.so" in /lib/armeabi-V7a/? then this tutorial will help u. If you have successfully modded this then congrats! you now have the possibility to mod any game available at the playstore. At this stage, you have become a Talented, Recognized modder.

Advanced : 📖 Tutorial - How to Create MOD MENU for | il2cpp.so | and other native android games (This tutorial was made by @Havanitos ) Mod menus allows users to use your mods by conveniently enabling or disabling certain mod features.

I've covered everything here, i think. Kindly PM me if there's anything else to be added here. The more we add the more chances a member learns how to mod.

Feel free to ask your questions here if a author fails to answer in any of the tutorials. Me or other modders will be glad to be of your assistance.

Thank you and Have FUN!

Last edited:

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
And also thanks a lot for your hard work making this tutorial bro @ImanHackeR 😍

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Nice work! I am sure anyone who intends to get into modding will find this guide to be very helpful

Malice Galaxius

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 3 years
Does this guide also work on games that need internet?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Does that include Yotsume God?
Really depends on how the game is developed. Some games are COMPLETELY server sided (for example: clash of clans or other similar titles), while others are partially server-sided. Partially server-sided means that only SOME data is stored and accessed directly from the server.

You really cant tell wether a game is fully server sided or not without decompiling the apk and looking at the code/assembly.

erikb2

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Nice info, but still confusing, maybe because of my age right?

Saru13

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Muchas gracias por utilizar tu tiempo y publicar este hilo, los que queremos aprender te estaremos eternamente agradecidos :giggle:

silverfox05

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
THANK YOU. You don't know how much this has helped me and others figure out where to start when it comes to learning about MODDING. 😊

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
Nice info, but still confusing, maybe because of my age right?
Probably yes. You need to know the basic understanding of how this works.

THANK YOU. You don't know how much this has helped me and others figure out where to start when it comes to learning about MODDING. 😊
You're very welcome. When i go back, i learnt this because a friend guided me where to start. Now this This guide will definitely help you and all other modders here at sbenny will help u. Good luck 👍

silverfox05

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
it will definitely help a lot of people. :)

now, I just need to read up on other stuff like toast messages and such. I think it's a little difficult for me since I am only going to use my phone for modding. :)

thanks again!

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
it will definitely help a lot of people. :)

now, I just need to read up on other stuff like toast messages and such. I think it's a little difficult for me since I am only going to use my phone for modding. :)

thanks again!
Toast massage is very easy to add even on phone . I can help you if you want 😃

Baduy

?????????, ????????.
Active User
Member for 5 years
wonderful guide! suddenly became interested in modding since i have lots of free time this pandemic but i guess the very first step is to learn the vocabulary haha.. so yeah i have a long way to go :D Enjoy.

Owlman15

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi, any tutorial working with Frida and Burp? Thanks