A Method to Mention or Inform all who replied to your thread

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,977 happy users since 2014.
Register

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
@Sbenny I have a site related suggestion for quite important and missing feature and I think @Debby would appreciate it too.

So sometimes when I create a Game Release MOD Page, I might have missed out on a few bugs and then when someone points them out to me I Fix them!

However once I have updated the game, there is no way to inform everyone that game is fixed or updated or please do this or that! At most I can tag and mention a few people but not all who replied.

So can you make a function, (which is visible only to creator of the thread) that by clicking them all I am mentioning them all in message about bug fix or update or general announcement etc

This can be very time saving and very very god send.

Is something like this possible?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Me and Debby have this special "feature" which gives you a list of all users who downloaded your mod, in this format:

@[username_here], @[username1_here], @[username2_here], @[username3_here], @[username4_here] and so on. It's a script I created a few months ago and indeed, if you noticed it, when we update our mods, we're used to mention all users and then write the usual "New version is out" etc.. Well, we copy this list and place it at the bottom of our messages, this way everyone gets a notification and an e-mail about it.

Is this the exact thing you'd be willing to have on your threads as well?

The position is actually set to be displayed right below the download links of a release and right below the text box (the one I'm actually writing you from).
I initially didn't enable this to everyone as it was a beta feature but I have to admit both me and debby really appreciate this new thing as it's quite handy for many things.

But please note this is also quite resource-intensive for our server so it'd be better to use it only when strictly necessary as it sends out many hundreds e-mails in a few seconds.

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
Me and Debby have this special "feature" which gives you a list of all users who downloaded your mod, in this format:

@[username_here], @[username1_here], @[username2_here], @[username3_here], @[username4_here] and so on. It's a script I created a few months ago and indeed, if you noticed it, when we update our mods, we're used to mention all users and then write the usual "New version is out" etc.. Well, we copy this list and place it at the bottom of our messages, this way everyone gets a notification and an e-mail about it.

Is this the exact thing you'd be willing to have on your threads as well?

The position is actually set to be displayed right below the download links of a release and right below the text box (the one I'm actually writing you from).
I initially didn't enable this to everyone as it was a beta feature but I have to admit both me and debby really appreciate this new thing as it's quite handy for many things.

But please note this is also quite resource-intensive for our server so it'd be better to use it only when strictly necessary as it sends out many hundreds e-mails in a few seconds.
Yes exactly! I did notice but though @Debby was painstakingly finding and mentioning everyone. Phew!

Can I please request access to this very awesome script? I promise to use it very rarely only when I have to inform people that bugs are fixed!

Still I dont mind waiting if you are still tweaking it or something... I dont mind one which doesnt sends out emails..just issue user notification wide alert is enough! :)

Joannesp

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 5 years
Good idea it would save time for the modders and people like me who download your mods

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I gave you access already, check your mod releases!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
For the moment it works only from pc, it's automatically enabled if you're browsing from pc, not mobile buddy.

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
For the moment it works only from pc, it's automatically enabled if you're browsing from pc, not mobile buddy.
Umm its not showing for me! I am always on PC

Here is the top part:

1575268028850.png

Here is the bottom part:

1575268087038.png

Help @Sbenny

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I think I found the issue! Could you please try one more time buddy? Thanks :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
It's not an option, it should automatically appear in the list, like this:

Screenshot_17.jpg

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
Gotcha! Its Visisble Now!

Its pure Awesome!

Thank you so so so so so much!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Heya,

Since this suggestion has already been implemented I am closing your thread and moving it over to the solved suggestions area. I hope you have a great day!