~ A SBenny Holiday Contest 2018 ~*~ 12 Days of Events Day Twelve: December 24th

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,477 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

progenic

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
In my opinion the Christmas tree decoration is my fav tradition and here's why: The whole family together, trying to decorate the tree in the most wonderful way, listening and singing carols, and everyone is happy. These days before Christmas everybody is in a hurry with shopping and other preparations, nerves, full shops, people without patience. When Christmas tree decoration begins, everyone is relaxing and family harmony appears.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Attachments

Cheettat

The Demolisher
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
eBook Releaser
Active User
Member for 5 years
I like the tradition of giving gifts to your loved ones so that you can share your happiness with them and show your affection for them

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Our whole day is filled with traditions.

Each morning we start the day with a big breakfast pizza while the kids play with their presents from Santa.

The Crust is golden crunchy hashbrowns, and we layer it with peppers, onions, mushrooms, eggs, ham and cheese.

We all sit down together and eat with Christmas music in the background. Then we open presents.

We spend the rest of the day playing games and having scavenger hunts, and enjoying time with one another. We even have a contest for decorating gingerbread houses at my mom's house. I love it because we make the focus of the day spending it together. Then, at the end of the night we all settle down for Christmas dinner together and just enjoy eachother's company :).

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I guess, it will be the whole tradition in Eid al-Fitri.
Now let me explain, i knew its a Christmas theme contest and all of it, but since i dont celebrate Christmas and the tittle say holiday, i will write my favorite holiday instead.
So after 30 day of fasting, we muslim will celebrate what we call the day of victory from desire or Eid Al-Fitr or Lebaran in Indonesia, as in the night before 1 Syawal, young people will come to Mosque and will fill the night with the sound of Takbir (and in Indonesia case also with instrument we call Bedug) until the sun will rise. Childrens laugh fill the village as they play with fire work and Bedug (basically a really huge drum....)
And then in the morning all people will came to Mosque to pray together.
Then as we walk home, the youngster will strap a long long line of firecracker on a bamboo and the whole village will watch together (from a far of course) as the thunder like sound explode in the air.
And then as we arrive in our home, we will feast on many delicious homemade cooking like Ketupat, Opor Chicken, Rendang, Lemang etc.
sajian-menu-makanan-di-hari-lebaran_20170625_081948.jpg

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that all the family relative that live in different town and city will all come together to their homeland (we call it Mudik in Indonesia)
After that, we (particulary young people) will do Halal bi Halal around their neighborehood, where they will ask and accept forgiveness of past faults to each other from all the people they saw, we will invited to their house and given cookies and sometime an amplop (guess what inside it)

Nymeria

The Wolf Queen
Member for 5 years
Christmas/Holiday time for me is a time for family. To spend AS MUCH TIME with your loved ones as humanly possible.

My best Christmases were when I was a kid, so I guess that's a good place to start :)

The holiday season starts off, usually, with my maternal grandfather's family getting together. As a kid, and until my great grandmother passed away, the family would all pile into her small house for Christmas Eve. There would be lots of beer, and at some point during the night, someone would either order pizza or bring in some KFC.

My immediate family (father, mother, and sister) would wake up early Christmas morning and get breakfast ready for my maternal grandparents (who lived with us too). We'd then spend a few hours giving each other gifts. My mother, sister, and I would spend a great deal of the afternoon playing games. My mom's favorite game was Ty The Tasmanian Tiger for the PS2. We always had a great time.

So the routine of spending time with each other continued until Christmas of 2016. My mother had been diagnosed with cancer in September of 2015. So for Christmas of 2016, during our family get-together, I made my mom a book. I had everyone who attended the Christmas party write her an entry. The entries ranged from just signatures, to poems, to paragraphs of how much my mom had positively affected them. It was wonderful. On Christmas day, she opened the book and was overwhelmed with emotion. We didn't play games that year. We curled up as a family on the couch, with our dog and cat, and watched movies until my mom was too tired to do so anymore. She passed away on January 8th, just a few weeks later.

Since then, Christmas hasn't really been the same. My sister and I moved away from home to go back to school for our second degrees. We're currently visiting my dad and grandmother. We decided not to exchange gifts (since last year). We've kept each other company, watching movies and playing games like we used to.

So again, spend as much time with your family and loved ones - especially during the Christmas season <3

Bub Gum

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Our favorite Holiday Tradition is to cook and eat altogether, since It's rare for us to see our relatives and we only see each other during this time, so its a good way to bond with each other.

Rob67

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 5 years
I will be working xmas. Have done for last ten years. I give up my xmas to care for people who cant. Done most of care. From end of life to maternity care. That's my tradion

Dragon 25

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Actually, I don't celebrate Christmas and I know the theme is about holiday. So what I can say is it same like Eid Al-Fitri. It was a great days for me because I can be with my family and my cousin in Makassar. Also, it can be a chance for make the relationship more strong and apologize for every mistake. Oh, most I like is eat Ketupat with another food. It's so delicious. Yummy 😋
I don't want to say it too much because @Hans Bloodsmith is already explained about Eid Al-Fitri. I just explain about what I like in there
PS. I like the prizes, by the way :lol::lol:

Oh, I forget it.......
Merry Christmas for people who celebrate it 🎉🎉☺☺

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
You don't have to just submit traditions about Christmas itself :) Just about every culture has a winter holiday, and this is a great way to share those traditions!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
This part of the Hoilday Event is now closed to new Submissions. You may still vote for your favorite answer until 12PM Central Tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.