💬 Review A sensei's story

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,999 happy users since 2014.
Register

Johny Jonas

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: A sensei's story

A self - aware comedy game by HE. It's decent. (If you don't mind your choices not mattering much in the long run.)

Review:
So this is my first reciew and I'm going to review A Sensei's Story by hosted games. I'm probably going to have some bias because Comesy is my cup of tea. This book is fairly decent. But what surprises me is the fact that HE even allowed this on their site/app/whatever. To give you a feel of this game I'm going to give you one of the choices in it.

'Pointo kaado wa arimasu ka?', asks the middle-aged clerk, looking at you rather nervously as you place your goods on top of the counter.

Suddenly you realise that this is would be a great opportunity for you to try to use some of the Japanese that you already have under your belt.

'1-Uh...hai'. Translation: 'Uh...yes'.
2-'Iie'. Translation: 'No'.
3-'Wakarimasen'. Translation: 'I don't understand'.
4-Recite the opening lyrics to the Neon Genesis Evangelion theme song.
5-Remain as silent as a Cistercian monk, trying to sneak out of a cave full of sleeping grizzly bears with anger issues.

So yeah lots of parody and meta stuff. One of my few critiques of this game is I didn't really feel as if my choices had any meaning. That and the teaching bits. Although I guess teaching would be a bad job, no matter what age you or the students are.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yeah. IGUESS.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐