❓ Help Request A suggestion related to non-modding contests

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,512 happy users since 2014.
Register

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
Well, the contestants are ranked on a basis of likes they get, that, while reasonable, is virtually unfair as the first poster/posters get more views and likes, unfair advantages, they are more probable to win even if the later posts are better then the first ones.

So, I know this is a pretty big request, but I think we should have another staff rank of 'contest judges' who don't participate in contests but decide the winner in a deadline of a week/15 days/ any reasonable time limit.

I would like to know everybody's opinions on this. :)

Qwertyuiopasdf

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
My only problem is the people can't decide anymore. How many contest judges do you want? How easy is it to obtain it?

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
Exactly, you gotta be quick xD
I agree on this, but this will most likely be another staff's job, not everyone will be online for it nor they have time to read every single one, and thus making it longer for the results.
It's the matter of whether or not the draw back is worth it xD

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
My only problem is the people can't decide anymore. How many contest judges do you want? How easy is it to obtain it?
Idk, around 5? To erase possiblity of favouring?

Exactly, you gotta be quick xD
I agree on this, but this will most likely be another staff's job, not everyone will be online for it nor they have time to read every single one, and thus making it longer for the results.
That's why I think it should be another staff position, and....... Well, at least taking more time is better than having the early bird 🐦 advantage

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Yes i truly agree with you as i too have seen in the contests that the first poster usually gets the 1st rank. well we can work on that too and the idea of contest judges is not bad but there is a problem which you may have thought. don't you think that the results given by contest judges can be biased ? What if people don't agree to them ? think about it and see if we can think of a workaround. And 5 Judges for a contest ????? Wait for real xD and no need for another staff position.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
don't you think that the results given by contest judges can be biased
Multiple judges to reduce the chances of favouritism, that's probably the only option.
What if people don't agree to them ?
Their problem. Judges can at most elaborate why they did what they did.

And 5 Judges for a contest ?????
The first quote kinda solves that, I know it's season work (around festivals etc.), But the pros outweigh the cons, and it's seasonal work as well, so no pressure throughout the year/month etc.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
well we can have a alternate solution for it that the current Core Staff members CAN be the judges rather then a complete new team which i think would be a overkill. though discussions need to be made amongst the team members if they think that they can be the judges.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
Most of the contest are subjective, you can't just have 5 people to decide.
The likes thing isn't much suitable as well.
I've seen people in the detox contest winning without doing what the contest required them to, even if they scored third

And the recent homecoming contest, Matt didn't say anything that was required for the contest, yet he's in the lead

At least the judges can just reduce the clutter and only let the correct posts through.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Yes the selection of winners through likes is completely unfair as per me because of first poster gets to win and anyone can cheat too 😬 the idea of contest judges seems fine though 5 Judges are overkill :ROFLMAO: , 2 would be more then enough and even 1 will do.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
Yes the selection of winners through likes is completely unfair as per me because of first poster gets to win and anyone can cheat too 😬 the idea of contest judges seems fine though 5 Judges are overkill :ROFLMAO: , 2 would be more then enough and even 1 will do.
2 and 1 will increase the chances of favouring one contestant or the other.

Honestly now, let's stop right here, Sbenny will decide whether this is feasible or not........

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
This is one of the reasons our last non-modding contest had a winner picked by me.

Maybe in the future we'll only award prizes depending on our own preference, even though I'm sure people will criticize that as well.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
This is one of the reasons our last non-modding contest had a winner picked by me.

Maybe in the future we'll only award prizes depending on our own preference, even though I'm sure people will criticize that as well.
People will criticise, that's how these things work but i think 2 judges or maybe 3 would be fair and mutual cooperation would be there as well. but still it's better then unfair things like the person with the highest likes wins the contest. also i say that no need for another team, let Core Staff deal with it. :BADKasami: :dicapriolaugh:

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
People will criticise, that's how these things work but i think 2 judges or maybe 3 would be fair and mutual cooperation would be there as well. but still it's better then unfair things like the person with the highest likes wins the contest. also i say that no need for another team, let Core Staff deal with it. :BADKasami: :dicapriolaugh:
Seriously DD, how many things do you want to rack up for the core? They don't have time to even reject requests and you say they should read every post and decide the winner.
I personally think that:-
1. Decide how many judges should be there
2. One will be the 'head judge', preferably one of the staff members.
3. The rest of the judges will give a score to a poster out of 10 and share their alloted scores to the head judge (in private, preferably by single chat to the head judge).
4. The head judge heeds all the scores and adds them.
5. The one who gets the highest score in this manner wins, what do you think?

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
racking up ? 😅 there are 8 staff members (excluding Sbenny and Debby) and i read it somewhere that being a staff member means you should be either available on the forum or viber daily, during a contest if they even spend a couple of minutes every day then it isn't racking up as a couple of minutes every day will help in easy and fast results later on.
my opinion:
1. Decide how many judges should be there :- 2-3
2. One will be the 'head judge', preferably one of the staff members. :- I say let the core deal with it.
3. The rest of the judges will give a score to a poster out of 10 and share their alloted scores to the head judge (in private, preferably by single chat to the head judge). :- nah they can discuss it openly in a private group as it would give better co-ordination at the real time.
4. The head judge heeds all the scores and adds them. :- I agree.
5. The one who gets the highest score in this manner wins, what do you think? :- Yeah the person with the highest score wins.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
nah they can discuss it openly in a private group as it would give better co-ordination at the real time.
Discussion isn't needed I guess, what will the other judges say? "Reduce his/her score, ignore your own opinions"?