💬 Review Accio Potterheads!

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,048 happy users since 2014.
Register

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
20180707_204424.jpg

So, i thought i'd create a thread for Harry Potter fans to talk and discuss the books and the characters and everything. And maybe other people who haven't read the books and want to know a little about them.

So to start i'd like to tell you a little bit about my favorite things and some of my opinions, feel free to share as well and talk about the books.

In my heart i'm a proud Hufflepuff as you can see in my signature.

My number one favorite chracter in the books is Luna Lovegood, followed by Fred 😢 & George.

One of my most favorite books in the series is the Goblet of Fire, i just love everything about it.♡
And i love Draco Malfoy and feel Slytherin House is very misjudged and misunderstood🙄, and Draco was just a kid who was raised a certain way and all he ever wanted was acceptance and praise from his father and then he was just scared for his life just like Harry was.

So this is just a start and i'm looking forward to all of you sharing and discussing with me 😄

Edit: You can find all the books here on this link:

https://forum.sbenny.com/threads/harry-potter-books-all-of-j-k-rowling-books.10674/

Last edited:

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Thanks for a lot for making this thread @Moonblink since i have really wanted to go in depth about some of the things harry potter books showed which the movies completely skipped away for today the topic

!.The Mischievous Ghost Peeves
Post automatically merged:

Peeves was a poltergeist at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, since c. 993. Fond of mischief and chaos, he was a constant pain to the school and its inhabitants, especially Argus Filch, the caretaker, as the only ones able to control him were the Bloody Baron and Albus Dumbledore.

In 1995, Peeves, along with most of the Hogwarts residents, opposed Dolores Umbridge, the High Inquisitor, and pranked her until she was kicked out of the school at the end of the school year. In 1998, Peeves fought at the Battle of Hogwarts against Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters. After the Second Wizarding War, Peeves continued making trouble at Hogwarts.

As i'm sure many people already know that just like his name Peeves (To annoy or irritate) he has always annoyed the caretakers of Hogwarts since its founding in c. 993 starting for the first caretaker of Hogwarts "Hankerton Humble"

Also there is a possibility that Peeves is not a ghost at all hmm and how do you think i can say that well read the books guys the books have it all as in the book The almost headless nick discusses with other ghosts that they should get rid of Peeves as he is not one of them

Last edited:

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
God, that reminds me! I absolutely HATE Argus Filch, just #@&$#%£$# 😤

And Peeves is seriously awesome and i wished he was in the movies, but oh well 😞

And i honestly never liked Albus Dumbledore, and i don't know why people like him so much, he constantly lied to Harry about everything and always had an Alterior motive.

And Snape, god i hated Snape with a passion! 😠😠 treating my baby Cinnamon Roll Neville so terribly 😢

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Well agree with you but i think i just love each and every character of Harry Potter Series if you want i can post all the untold stories about the harry potter characters in this thread :D

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
If you have them in epub or pdf or any other format please share them in the e-book section, if you just have a text copy that you'll paste then sure please share here 😀

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Okey i think i will make it like i will dedicate one day of any harry potter character which is not noticed by many people i think for today peeves is good if you have any personal request for a character you can tell me @Moonblink i will talk about it tomorrow :D

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
Dumbledore wasn't lying to Harry, he shared everything with snape and also he mentioned that Voldemort will be back and also told snape that he should gain trust and join along voldemort. Snape was hurted and hurted all his life and when lily died, the last inch of love left in his heart disappeared and without Dumbledore, Snape would've finished off voldemort in rage and the story will be all different.

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
Dumbledore wasn't lying to Harry, he shared everything with snape and also he mentioned that Voldemort will be back and also told snape that he should gain trust and join along voldemort. Snape was hurted and hurted all his life and when lily died, the last inch of love left in his heart disappeared and without Dumbledore, Snape would've finished off voldemort in rage and the story will be all different.
Don't get me wrong, i admire Dumbledore a lot and his role all along in the books, but that doesn't mean i like the way he did things.
And Snape, sure he was hurt a lot and he lost his love 2 times, once to James and once to death, but that doesn't excuse treating children that way, even if he did actually help a lot and without him Voldemort wouldn't have been defeated, he still was cruel to children because of their parent's mistakes and that's just wrong in my opinion 😞

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
i think you have got it totally wrong if you have all the harry potter books including the cursed child and seen the movies it is clearly evident that there is no way snape could've killed Voldemort below are the reasons :-

1.Voldemort was born with very powerful magic at his disposition and he had more control over it than any other witch/wizard of his age and that also astonished Dumbledore (As shown in the scene when Dumbledore meets Tom Riddle Aka Voldemort in the Orphanage)
2.Immortal well as we all know that very early once he gained perfect control over his power and gained knowledge about dark magic he used the horcruxes and cut seven pieces of his soul and placed hid them.
3.Only Dumbledore was able to go toe to toe with him but all he can do was make it a tie even though was celebrated as the most powerful wizards of his time.
4.Snape could not even defeat Harry's father "James Potter" and was always bullied by him and Voldemort he easily killed both Lily and James without breaking a sweat.
5.Even though he was weakend by Lily's magic he was still able to control the body of Professor Quirrell

i can go on and on about how great and mighty he was but now i that i have explained how Snape can't kill Voldemort let's talk about Dumbledore

In the books and movies before Cursed Child we all thought that Dumbledore was such a great person but in reality he was only a great person and in the below points i will name the reasons:-

1.If you have read deathly hollows in the book there was a mention about Dumbledore's early life by Bathilda Bagshot i think it was named Lifes and lies of Dumbledore or something in it there it is said that he got punched in the face by his brother Aberforth so why would your brother punch you in the face well simple because Dumbledore's recklessness got his sister killed i will explain it further but for now more points.

2.Dumbledore wanted Harry to die why well very simple because he already figured it out that part of Voldemort's soul was inside Harry, if you have read book one or watched first harry potter movie Dumbledore tells him that strong magic leaves a mark and when harry ask him about his scar he says that it was his mother's love but if you read it again you will understand that Dumbledore didn't told harry the whole truth which was the strong magic used by his mother placed a part of voldemort's soul inside him.

3.Dumbledore lied that harry's mark was because he took an instant kill magic on his forehead why because just think about it why would it makes sense that your wound will throbe when you are the person who inflicted it or you would be able to see through the other person's eyes the mark on harry forehead was because it showed that he had part of voldemort's soul inside of him

In The book cursed child when the grown up harry talks with the portrait of dumbledore he admits that in the start he wanted to scarifice harry for the greater good but then harry slowly grew up on him and then he became blinded by his love for him and tried to save Harry but once he know he could not change it he made sure to delay it as long as he could and then died by the hands of snape but he made sure that he was disarmed by malfoy first so as to save harry and make sure that voldemort could not use the full power of the elder wand and then shift all the blame on snape as to make sure that voldemort don't kill malfoy as the elder wand accepted him as his new master because he disarmed dumbledore

Last edited:

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
i think you have got it totally wrong if you have all the harry potter books including the cursed child and seen the movies it is clearly evident that there is no way snape could've killed Voldemort below are the reasons :-

1.Voldemort was born with very powerful magic at his disposition and he had more control over it than any other witch/wizard of his age and that also astonished Dumbledore (As shown in the scene when Dumbledore meets Tom Riddle Aka Voldemort in the Orphanage)
2.Immortal well as we all know that very early once he gained perfect control over his power and gained knowledge about dark magic he used the horcruxes and cut seven pieces of his soul and placed hid them.
3.Only Dumbledore was able to go toe to toe with him but all he can do was make it a tie even though was celebrated as the most powerful wizards of his time.
4.Snape could not even defeat Harry's father "James Potter" and was always bullied by him and Voldemort he easily killed both Lily and James without breaking a sweat.
5.Even though he was weakend by Lily's magic he was still able to control the body of Professor Quirrell

i can go on and on about how great and mighty he was but now i that i have explained how Snape can't kill Voldemort let's talk about Dumbledore

In the books and movies before Cursed Child we all thought that Dumbledore was such a great person but in reality he was only a great person and in the below points i will name the reasons:-

1.If you have read deathly hollows in the book there was a mention about Dumbledore's early life by Bathilda Bagshot i think it was named Lifes and lies of Dumbledore or something in it there it is said that he got punched in the face by his brother Aberforth so why would your brother punch you in the face well simple because Dumbledore's recklessness got his sister killed i will explain it further but for now more points.

2.Dumbledore wanted Harry to die why well very simple because he already figured it out that part of Voldemort's soul was inside Harry, if you have read book one or watched first harry potter movie Dumbledore tells him that strong magic leaves a mark and when harry ask him about his scar he says that it was his mother's love but if you read it again you will understand that Dumbledore didn't told harry the whole truth which was the strong magic used by his mother placed a part of voldemort's soul inside him.

3.Dumbledore lied that harry's mark was because he took an instant kill magic on his forehead why because just think about it why would it makes sense that your wound will throbe when you are the person who inflicted it or you would be able to see through the other person's eyes the mark on harry forehead was because it showed that he had part of voldemort's soul inside of him

In The book cursed child when the grown up harry talks with the portrait of dumbledore he admits that in the start he wanted to scarifice harry for the greater good but then harry slowly grew up on him and then he became blinded by his love for him and tried to save Harry but once he know he could not change it he made sure to delay it as long as he could and then died by the hands of snape but he made sure that he was disarmed by malfoy first so as to save harry and make sure that voldemort could not use the full power of the elder wand and then shift all the blame on snape as to make sure that voldemort don't kill malfoy as the elder wand accepted him as his new master because he disarmed dumbledore
Lol did u google this?? I know u didnt type all this loool

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
nope i'm a nerd @ImanHackR :D lol seriously no google i have read all the books and that's why i remember all of it :D

to be honest i was called harry potter in my school because of my nerdiness Lol :D

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
Well, these points are valid but what made me dislike him was how he kept secrets and only revealed them when it was convenient for him or served his purpose. I know he was a great wizard, stronger than Voldemort even, but that doesn't make me like how he lied to Harry from day 1 about things that would've made it easier for Harry to cope.
Also he wasn't truthful to snape as well not just harry, remember he never told snape that he was grooming Harry to die all along, and he never told him that he suspected harry won't remain dead if Voldemort killed him.

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Actually i think you should also try to see this from the point of view of Dumbledore not because i justify his action but because i sympathize with all the loss that he had suffered to become the most famous and powerful wizard in the harry potter universe i will mention them below :-

1.Dumbledore was very ambitious and reckless when he was young and wanted to be acknowledge by people that's why he made Gellert Grindelwald his rival but once he knew he couldn't defeat him he just stole his wand. In his pursuit of power and fame he screwed his family relations as his sister died and his brother became hateful toward him.

2.Now when Dumbledore and both power(elder wand) and fame(defeating grindelwald) he actually realized how much he has lost in the process he became and wise and in a way to attone for his mistakes he became a professor at Hogwarts.

3.when he met Tom Riddle he actually saw a young version of himself and thought that he can redeem himself through Tom by making him a great wizard and also a great person and he also become very close to Tom and he was his best student so when such student becomes the most bad wizard in history i think that broke Dumbledore's heart.

4.He then tried to train more wizards and witches under him to stop Voldemort two of them were Lily and James Potter but they were killed by Voldemort so by now we have a Dumbledore who has truly and completely lost hope of redeeming himself and is unable to love any other person he becomes Headmaster of Hogwarts but now he has a heart of stone.

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
Well, i admire him greatly to be honest, he was strong and a great wizard, he overcame many hardships and learned from his past mistakes, and i agree with you he felt like he could never redeem himself for what he did. Maybe this in some way led to the way he treated the people around him and what he chose to reveal or not. But it was still wrong to hide so many things from harry even if he did it with good intentions

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
I agree with you but i will go on full detail as to how he did, what he did, and why, Sorry if boring you with my nerd stuff but once i start i can't stop myself sorry about it so moving on Now comes the most important part that is the arrival of Master Harry Potter.
Actually the most important thing is the arrival of Harry Potter in Dumbledore's Life well here are the few points that i will mention :-

1. When Dumbledore meets Harry again (since he saw his baby version) this time he actually saw how much he looked like his parents as he also told harry about how similar he looks like his father and James and has the eyes of Lily (here i think Dumbledore actually was saying that Harry had the same personality like his mother although Harry do have his mother's eyes but we all know that Dumbledore is nothing if not cryptic).

2. So going to book one according to my theory Dumbledore only deduces that Harry is also a horcruxe only in the end so right from the start of the book once again Dumbledore had a small hope that Harry would be his answer by saving Harry he could finally save himself too since through the passage of time his guilt only keeps getting accumulated because of the people he failed his family, his students, his friends, and his colleagues.

3. But when the finally understands that harry is also horcruxe i guess that must've felt like a tight slap on his face because now he know he can't save Harry furthermore he has part of Voldemort inside him which means if he stayed this way he might become just like Voldemort or even worse.

4. So what's Dumbledore's solution well very simple off i go on a holiday seriously in the books and also harry potter movies Dumbledore would go away for days without telling anybody where he went i'm guessing he went either to blow some steam or to find the other horcruxes or maybe both.

5. Dumbledore thinks right that its best to just sacrifice harry by now but we all know he can't do that simple reason because Harry if "the boy who lived" died then all the wizarding world will become fearful of Voldemort and there would be chaos so he in the three books he just watched how harry responded towards all the things that happened to him.

6. So now the turning points comes in Book 4 & 5 as i believe in these books Dumbledore had an epiphany on Harry as in the Goblet of Fire. Harry watched for the first time as someone(Cedric Degree) got killed in front of him. Cedric and Harry become good friends and also had a healthy rivalry, so his death became a lesson for Harry why because harry had suffer hate and neglect from his foster parents.

7. So when he finally gets friends and family in Ron, Hermione and the Weasly family along with Hagrid and Sirius Black while he thinks of Dumbledore as his grandfather so when harry sees the death of Cedric in book 4 followed by the death of Sirius (his father figure) harry understood the value of life and the people around him, Dumbledore who was watching Harry also noticed this so he made a final plan with Severus in Book 6.

8. Throughout the series the readers can see the similarity between Tom and Harry they both suffered loss from the start they were neglected, hated and feared by the people around them but what Dumbledore saw was that Tom gave up his humanity to get revenge on the mudbloods as his father was a mudblood who abandoned his mother which led to her death.

9.On the Other hand we have harry who is every bit a human as much as we all are he also make questionable decisions he is prideful and stupid at times but he cares for the people around him and even with his faults he still tries to do the right thing. But this is because Dumbledore knew that to make sure Harry doesn't become Voldemort he has to suffer from both pain and love because that will create a personality where he will want to protect the people that important to him.

10.Now Dumbledore's original plan was to fake affection toward harry but he was by the end genuinely held Harry close to his heart that's why Dumbledore decided to with Snape that he both of them will sacrifice their lives to give Harry more time according to me Dumbledore had no idea that harry will survive as all the containers will held a piece of Voldemort's soul had to be destroyed i think in the end he just wanted harry to realize that all humans are flawed but being flawed makes them human.

Fieq

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I totally agree with you. It os not that I don't like Dumbledore but he had too much secrets that being untold.

KravMaga

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
In all honesty, I don't think we can hold his secrets against Dumbledore. Initially, I hated him, but then I stopped and thought about it. He was just being human. And you know that saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", right? Well, he was just trying to protect Harry and everyone else(Harry, especially) and he mucked it up a bit. Please, cut him some slack.
P.S. Is it okay to speak like they're real? It helps me. :D