Add in each post on an android APK the summary of Exodus privacy

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,407 happy users since 2014.
Register

Add in each post on an android APK the summary of Exodus privacy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

666deus

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hi Community !

I think it's a good idea, to share the link or paste informations about APK with this website : εxodus

Everyone can view the level of privacy of each APK posted.

Good or bad idea ?

Thanks for all !

PS :
For example :
0 trackers
12 permissions

Edit : An other possibility by @Darom is to use APK Scan link or report.
So i add on the poll

Last edited:

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
Edit your post and add a poll ;)

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
I vote no, I'll tell you why, maybe I'm wrong but this is just my point of view.

Every Apk has its own privacy policies and we accept it without even reading those. Why? Its because the apk is of our intrest and we want it so we accept those policies and the apk is then installed into our devices. All the famous Apks has policies which of course makes us think but it has it own legit reason why. Or else, it gets flagged as a malicious app by our device security or playstore protect. All policies has their limits and reasons why and they're carefully written so that it doesn't cross the limits. So i think its better not to add this and create unnecessary thinking about the policies and permissions.

Also after installing an apk, it does asks your permission to access certain information from your device. You can answer no or yes its your choice but the apk might not work properly if you choose no. Like i said, there's a reason behind it.

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
I vote no, I'll tell you why, maybe I'm wrong but this is just my point of view.

Every Apk has its own privacy policies and we accept it without even reading those. Why? Its because the apk is of our intrest and we want it so we accept those policies and the apk is then installed into our devices. All the famous Apks has policies which of course makes us think but it has it own legit reason why. Or else, it gets flagged as a malicious app by our device security or playstore protect. All policies has their limits and reasons why and they're carefully written so that it doesn't cross the limits. So i think its better not to add this and create unnecessary thinking about the policies and permissions.

Also after installing an apk, it does asks your permission to access certain information from your device. You can answer no or yes its your choice but the apk might not work properly if you choose no. Like i said, there's a reason behind it.

As you must know, based on your android knowledge, some apps hide some permissions in a way you won't be able to see at first installation, by example installing an unnoticed second app with no icon spamming ads. It's a poll, so every opinions counts.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Well I think every Google play store apps have scanned by Google play protect. So I don't think it's necessary to add another scanning link . As @ImanHackeR said every apps have its own privacy and policy and some obvious reasons behind every policy or else Google play protect will detect it as malicious app.

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
Unfortunately we're not in a perfect world, and it could take months for Google play to detect and remove malicious apps. Other point is that Sbenny site is more famous for its exclusive modded apps and games, as a matter of fact those apps are not managed by Google play once modded, even more, for some modded apps to get installed you need to disable google play protect, here by example:

Security is a concern.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Unfortunately we're not in a perfect world, and it could take months for Google play to detect and remove malicious apps. Other point is that Sbenny site is more famous for its exclusive modded apps and games, as a matter of fact those apps are not managed by Google play once modded, even more, for some modded apps to get installed you need to disable google play protect, here by example:

Security is a concern.
Well I am not against you but sometimes some online use tracker and ask you to permit for GPS location . Also some apps ask your permission to use your personal information to show ads. In this case those scanner can detect them as a melodious apps and this can leave a impact in users mind. But well using those scanner is not a bad idea tbh.

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'm not against you either guys lol, some apps have ads because that's the only way for them to have some earnings, and that's fine because they are mostly free. What I talk about is intrusive and malicious apps, Trojans, ads spammers, data steal etc

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
As you must know, based on your android knowledge, some apps hide some permissions in a way you won't be able to see at first installation, by example installing an unnoticed second app with no icon spamming ads. It's a poll, so every opinions counts.
I got your point but rest assured, Sbenny doesn't allow apps like what you've mentioned. This community has been and always be against malicious apks. The staff's primary duty is to prevent our members from downloading these kind of apps.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not against you either guys lol, some apps have ads because that's the only way for them to have some earnings, and that's fine because they are mostly free. What I talk about is intrusive and malicious apps, Trojans, ads spammers, data steal etc

Security is a concern.
Any app which has a program or funtion to edit system files or any data files other than its own, it'll get detected by playstore protect now. For example, Try Lucky patcher.

Last edited:

Obber

✨Random User✨
Member for 5 years
well... the approval team checks every app for any malicious stuff, if the mod is working or any other when you upload at apps/games here on Sbenny.com.
Not at shared games & apps though... since it come from external websites and not very trustable for finding working apps/games.
but I get it..

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
well... the approval team checks every app for any malicious stuff, if the mod is working or any other when you upload at apps/games here on Sbenny.com.
Not at shared games & apps though... since it come from external websites and not very trustable for finding working apps/games.
but I get it..
The Shared games awaits approval from staff first before they go public but true, these shared content cant be trusted. If we're talkin about shared contents there's a lot of possibilities of getting infected without getting detected.

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
Sure if the approved modded section is under supervision and tested, only the shared apps and games are concerned by this topic.

We guys, have some knowledge about potential risks, but that's not the case of everyone, casual gamers etc.

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
Sure if the approved modded section is under supervision and tested, only the shared apps and games are concerned by this topic.

We guys, have some knowledge about potential risks, but that's not the case of everyone, casual gamers etc.
I understand but i don't know what other risks there is to look out for? Getting infected from shared apps and games is what to look out for but its never related to privacy and permissions. In addition, they infect directly to data so it doesn't look out for permissions and policies. I dont think the Sbenny community will be held responsible if anyone get infected by using a shared game or app. The staff checks those releases but its modern times, we never know what's coming.

Like i said, its just my point of view. I've given my opinion ;)

666deus

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hi !

Firstly, i want to thanks all people in this discussion. I think it's the better way (To exchange our point of view). But for example, i only use apps with a lot of permission not necessary (yes, they are exists a lot, why a game want my location or my number list ?) on a Tablet not connected on internet and not rooted.

On my smartphone, i only use opensources apks with Iptable firewall for controll all internet access (with root). My last phone was on Lineage OS without any google appz, because my smartphone is in all time internet everytime. So i choose strictly what APK i use on this.

I like security, but i like privacy too. I'm not an object but a person. A free apps is free baucause you are the target of marketing. I'm not a product, i'm an human !

If i use Ublock Origin in Firefox on my computer, this is for the same reasons. If i used Debian and not Ubuntu on my pricipal computer : same reasons. Open Source forever ! etc... I want controll all in computering. In the past, i searched about open source hardware, but it's not the better way at this moment in terms of benchmarch/power !

Apk contains sometimes unwanted permission and not necessary for the utilisation we want (Ex : Waze). Waze only need location, sd card acess and internet and it's all. I don't want autorization for analitycs, camera, accounts, calendar etc... So i use Osmand for GPS.

Remember, Goople play protect is always in late about security scan and delete some apks each month, but too late, because downloaded before by users.

I'm always check all permissions wanted of an Apk before download. If i'm not ok, i don't install. Even if I wanted.

In the case of Sbenny, this is just a suggestions for helping perople to undestand autorizations system and realise security is important and help people can make informed decisions. I add, nobody can make safe his hardware against 0days...

Thanks at all !

Good vote !
:angeldroid:

Last edited:

ModLover v1

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
This is actually becoming more difficult in recent Android updrades. Unless you grant the specific app the ability to install apps on Android 8, 9, 10 and 11, you don't need to worry about other apps maliciously installing second apps. Besides,I don't think there's any developer on this site that would actually work with such malicious APS or game.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
We used to have a similar requirement using Virustotal for every upload. However, it bogged down the release process a lot having to go to the other site, scan the app, and move forward. If someone wanted to be malicious, there is always a way around it. For instance, they could alter the file after the scan report is given. I think it's more reasonable than not to expect that you are taking a bit of a risk when you aren't downloading from an official source. But as some of the other members mentioned, it's getting harder and harder for malicious apps to take actions on your phone without your authorization because the newer versions of android ask for permission for every little action.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
One thing I could do is adding a section in the info of each release which automatically provides all the permissions requested by the original app from Google play, if you think it would be useful.

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
If it doesn't imply lot of work, it would be appreciated indeed @Sbenny (y)