💬 Review Alter Ego

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,473 happy users since 2014.
Register

Malayotome

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Alter Ego

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): 🎮 MOD APK - Alter Ego v2.8.0 | Free In-App Purchases

An idle tapping game with personality quizzes, quotes from classic literature and eerie choice-based mini-stories. The concept is pretty interesting, but its execution is somewhere between boring and lame.

Review:
Here, one'll find 2 characters. One is the gate with a face, i.e. the Façade, and the other is a little girl, i.e. Es. It was creepy at first to have both of them tell me not to trust what the other say. I thought they were programmed to break the 4th world, but they were just implying the battle between individuality and societal conformation.

On the first screen, where you should read books and tap bubbles of quotes to store up words, the in-game currency to unlock more books, there are a lot of famous titles. Sadly, by reading books, the game means tapping a lot on the book icon next to its title.

The main highlight in this game was interacting with Es for personality quizzes and mini-stories. The choices in those stories decide the endings of this game, which were rather boring for me. Actually, even the forced endings in the mini-stories were too unoriginal despite really good twists in the choices. All of those stories ended on anti-climatic notes, albeit somewhat eerie and depressing.

Probably since I expected to see more famous books or more quotes from each, the Inquiry section really came as a disappointment. I tried playing the Japanese version of this game when it first came out, but couldn't appreciate it due to my limited Japanese fluency. That got me too hyped up for the English version, so I ended up disliking this game. The idle tapping mechanism really ruined the game for me. I hated reading words flying towards me as bubbles so much.

Would you recommend this to other users?

The game and I popped each other's bubble, so I don't really recommend it.

It may be fun for those into personality quizzes, but don't mind pseudo-philosophy and shallow plot twists.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐

Last edited: