💬 Review Animant Crumbs Staubchronik

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,469 happy users since 2014.
Register

Animant

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Animant Crumbs Staubchronik

Staubchronik is a historical novel by the German author Lin Rina. The story is set in the 19th century and is about the book-loving animant. Unfortunately, the book is not yet available in English, so my review will be in German as well.

Review:
The book is about 19 year old Animant, who is urged by her mother to finally find a husband. However, her mother resists, because she prefers to deal with a good book. When she suddenly gets a visitor her whole life is turned upside down. Suddenly she makes her way to London to work in a library. She faces many new situations, learns the circumstances of the less privileged and discovers the progress of technology in a huge, fully automated search engine. She also begins to develop feelings that she had previously only known from books. Animant is a very strong character. Because of her stubbornness and her acumen she often offends other people. The book is written in a beautiful and interesting style and it was very easy for me to read the book within a short time. It is very diversified and never gets boring. The end of the novel is kept relatively open, but in my opinion this doesn't bother me. The book was first published on Wattpad and because many people didn't want an open end there was a competition, so you can read a final chapter there if you don't like the open end.

Would you recommend this to other users? I recommend this book in any case, as it contains a really beautiful but still not kitschy love story, but one also learns something about the life in London at that time. Furthermore, the writing style is really beautiful and the story is interesting.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: