Anime/manga that you have love-hate relationship with?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,384 happy users since 2014.
Register

Hoshikasa

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
So like it's anime/manga that you hate the story, character, or plot but you just can't stop watching or reading it.

In my case it would be Code Geass, i love it because of Lelouch and i hate it because of well.. Lelouch. Or Black Butler, i kinda hate the author for making Ciel suffering like that but i need to know the next part.

Or maybe something like King Prism and Sarazanmai, but it's more like love an confusion for me. If you watch it you will understand.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Highschool DxD and Campione!
Now i get what you all think about, but personally i really like the anime because of it's lore, i mean Demon, Angel, mystical being? Mythology? All exist, and it's really intrigued me. But at the same time...*sigh*..... Boobies, of course, that's the main problem. I mean I'm not complaining at all but just....*sigh*.... And Issei?....*sigh*....

And the other is.... Idk, No Game no Life? Mostly because, there's no season 2! C'mon guys

Mavin

⭐?️SBENNY MARSHAL?️⭐
Member for 6 years
Dragon ball z,bleach..love the anime..hate the fanbase

Hoshikasa

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Ah yes Neji :( you know i stop reading the manga when Neji died eventhough it's in the middle of war.

BoundlessLibrary

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I can name a few, really. For me, starting with anything that goes on a long hiatus. Why does Miura (Berserk) and Togashi (HxH) have to do me like this?

So stemming on from that. Miura still hasn't finished Berserk. But he's recently decided to release a new manga! Duranki it's called. I have a big love/hate relationship with it. Because I've read the first few chapters, and have built a genuine interest-- it pulls from some of the Mesopotamian mythos, something that you don't often see too much of, and is probably one of the lesser known. On the other hand, I just really want Berserk to be finished, so you can imagine me hate-reading Duranki whenever a new chapter drops

Another one I can easily point out, could be an unpopularopinion, too, Fairy Tail. This is one I have to express. I love Hiro Mashima. I think he's an excellent world builder, because I've always loved the world of FT. However, when it comes to story, I feel he's severely lacking in a lot of areas. Tension was normally nonexistent in FT, any stakes there were just didn't work because of one central, often repetitive theme to the story. Friendship. There's nothing wrong with that, but I believe the way it's executed is important. And I feel he just abused it all the time, rather than having characters work through their problems and obstacles in an intelligent way.

Pyrobon

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Mine would be almost all of the isekai genre, i hate that it is so cliche it is but i just can't put it down once i read/ watched it.

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
One Piece, the pace is too slow i really love it but i hate how they dilly dally with the story.
Marimashita Iruma-Kun i mean there's no problem with this one except it made me feel 20+ minutes as if it's only 3 minutes because of how fun and good it is.
Detective Conan manga, it's not progressing at all and this is already 2 month since it's last update, wait was it 3 month?

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
...Death note... I hated light but he was the main character so..had to keep watching TT

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
pretty much every anime i get really invested in... the fandom is usually really toxic. so i love the anime, but can't stand many of the other people who do :cry:

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
pretty much every anime i get really invested in... the fandom is usually really toxic. so i love the anime, but can't stand many of the other people who do :cry:
Actually I think it'd be best to never communicate with the people in the fandom...idk if you can do that or not but every fandom has toxic fans in it 😆 put on your annoying-fans-blocker sunglasses and enjoy life~

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
well the smaller fandoms aren't as bad, but yeah! i have my close friend group who tends to like the same things and i just stick with them :LOL:

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
well the smaller fandoms aren't as bad, but yeah! i have my close friend group who tends to like the same things and i just stick with them :LOL:
Oh really? Well you might know better! I've spent some time with the people in the big fandoms *sigh* and I'm not gonna make the same mistake again.
That's the smart choice.
What do you like tho? ^^ I'd like to know...the Arcana maybe?

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
the arcana, kingdom hearts, attack on titan, fullmetal alchemist, yuri!!! on ice, sailor moon, kimetsu no yaiba, hazbin hotel, and many more :)

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
the arcana, kingdom hearts, attack on titan, fullmetal alchemist, yuri!!! on ice, sailor moon, kimetsu no yaiba, hazbin hotel, and many more :)
Well I've only played the arcana...heard about Yuri on ice and attack on titan and no more 😂 this conversation could've gone longer if your awkward dude here was also a fan of anime but sorryyy 😂

Xhuxhay66

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
There are a few I'd like to mention but lately, I've been in a love-hate relationship with isekai mangas/animes just because I am addicted and binge on every one yet I kinda criticize how they all are the same (OP MC reincarnates as Hero that is expected to defeat the demon lord or a villainess that changes her destiny) with just different circumstances.

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
Well I've only played the arcana...heard about Yuri on ice and attack on titan and no more 😂 this conversation could've gone longer if your awkward dude here was also a fan of anime but sorryyy 😂
hazbin hotel is actually a western animation on youtube, the first episode is out. it's pretty funny, but also very vulgar and has NSFW dialogue, but if you like angel/demon stuff and muscials you might enjoy it. :)

Jovie20

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'd say Noragami cuz they left it on a cliffhanger and there's STILL no news of a 3rd season, tho the manga updates once a month, and Black butler has an ... "Interesting" fanbase ...😬

Last edited: