Anime Lounge

Here is a place where everyone who loves Anime can come to meet and chat!

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Anime watchers, what do you prefer? [Sub] or [Dub]

L T R

Sir Ulrich Von Liechtenstein
YouTuber
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Just like the title (Dub) or (Sub) ... asking cause im gonna start releasing more anime so i would like to know what everyone prefers

Drakkaen

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
You know, a large majority of anime fans actually prefer both subbed and dubbed. I myself prefer both in different situations. The sub is released sooner and I can watch the episodes as soon as they come out, while the dub is nice if I want to focus solely on the action or if I need to look away without pausing the show.

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
I prefer sub because voice acting, sound effects, and neighbors can be very distracting.
Also, I like to watch as soon as possible because evil people fill the internet with spoilers.

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
Personally, subbed is much better. Dubbing can usually remove the emotions, and intensity of a speaker. Maybe it's because I always use subs, but I cringe when I hear an English dub. I have a friend who grew up watching anime films dubbed and he thinks it's fine and doesn't bother him. So, different perspective I guess.

Mark A

Member for 6 years
Personally, subbed is much better. Dubbing can usually remove the emotions, and intensity of a speaker. Maybe it's because I always use subs, but I cringe when I hear an English dub. I have a friend who grew up watching anime films dubbed and he thinks it's fine and doesn't bother him. So, different perspective I guess.
The quality of the voice acting is a big factor in dubbed animes.
For example, the stuttering Yugi meme.

Samanya

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I prefer to watch dubbed. I have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time, so with dubbed I can multitask. The only problem is that I also need subtitles because of my audio processing and I find a lot of dubs use the sub's script for closed captioning and they usually don't match up.

L T R

Sir Ulrich Von Liechtenstein
YouTuber
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
So imma be releasing more subs then dubs then... but i will still release dubs of course and i have no rhyme or reason on the animes being released, but if you have a anime you want a download of just ask it might change my mind on what anime to download

MimiKawaii

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
i prefer subtitles for anime because dub sometimes the voice doesnt match the character or the mouth doesn't move with the voice mostly because i cant feel the emotions spiritually.

TrinDy

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I like sub because their voice acting is often on a whole other level than dub, yet there are always the few exceptions that make dub better than sub

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
yet there are always the few exceptions that make dub better than sub
I watched this anime film ' The Tale of The Princess Kaguya' dubbed, and although I don't like dubbed, Chloe Grace Moretz did a great job I was really happy about it, and when I searched for the original version, it felt weird.

Last edited:

TrinDy

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I watched this anime film ' The Tale of The Princess Kaguya' dubbed
Haha what a coincidence. My World Mythologies class is watching the dubbed movie of it. We're comparing the mythology from text vs film. So far, I think the dubbed version is okay; it didn't feel real; it felt more static than dynamic. Yet, how would I know if I haven't seen the subbed version? Do you know where I could get the subbed version?

RazKun

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
It depends on what I'm doing or what anime I'm watching. I'll put on dub if I'm also doing something else and cant be reading to screen the whole time, but I like the voice acting better for most things in the sub versions.

Daelan

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Subs because I prefer to watch things in the original language, and am used to reading subtitles by now. the quality of the dubbing doesn't convince me most of the times too

Mark A

Member for 6 years
What is the difference between subbed and dubbed ?
Subbed means Subtitled; There are captions on the bottom of the screen.
While dubbed, the original language of the anime is replaced by a different language (via voice acting), removing the need for captions/subtitles. :)

FazeEnvyZ

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
It depends, if it's really good in dub then I'll watch it, but sub is like the best if you want the expressions.