Anime Lounge

Here is a place where everyone who loves Anime can come to meet and chat!

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Anime watchers, what do you prefer? [Sub] or [Dub]

DEeESdemonaAaA

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Eᴠᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ I ᴡᴀs ʏᴏᴜɴɢ, ɪ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴀɴɪᴍᴇ ɪɴ sᴜʙ...I ᴍᴇᴀɴ ɪᴛ sᴜɪᴛs ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ᴊᴀᴘᴀɴᴇsᴇ ɪs ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ

wktmarine

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
i prefer dubbed for the simple fact that im a terribly slow reader. tried watching subbed but have to pause ever few seconds just to catch up.

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
there's valid reasons for liking either, but i personally prefer subbed. i watch all my shows, even if they're in english, with captions because sometimes i just don't hear what was said or my dog barks or something like that, so the captions don't distract me anyway. i do still like to check out the dubs of certain shows, though, like yuri!!! on ice had a pretty hilarious dub in my opinion.

TheCuddlyYeti

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Personally subbed all the way most dubbed voice acting is pretty bad there some exceptions but most VAs just suck it has gotten better as time goes on though

Sosman

?? Avid Game Reviewer ??
Member for 3 years
Go with the "Sub", OP.
It's rare nowadays to see a good "Dub", especially when the studio lacks funding.

Moreover, I find "Sub" to be better because I feel more engaged with the original voices portrayed in the anime, in comparison to "Dub".

Paotato

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 3 years
I prefer sub over dub. Although, grammar is an issue with some subs but not all. Dub is okay but the anime sounds more interesting if isn't eng dub

Joseph841

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
I say sub because dub tend to Change what the characters actually said and the girls in anime sound much more cuter.

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
As with all good things, it depends ^_^

If it's old like Saint Seiya or Dragon Ball i'd prefer the dubbed version i grew up with those version and it would feel incomplete to rewatch them with other voices. HOWEVER (as in movies)objectively, i prefer the original language with subs as i feel like a huge chunk of the emotion and acting can't be imitated to the exact intention of the original author/actor/director/etc.

It also depends on how sober i am :D

Jovie20

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Honestly both. I usually go for whichever is available, don't know why people hate dubbs so much... 🤷‍♀️ if it's professionally made then it's just as good. Heck, even when they're not good, they end up being hilarious disasters

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Honestly both. I usually go for whichever is available, don't know why people hate dubbs so much... 🤷‍♀️ if it's professionally made then it's just as good. Heck, even when they're not good, they end up being hilarious disasters
Mmmm weeeell I've seen big productions with a great cast and the financial backing of a small nation destroy adaptations of all kinds on different genres and stages in very unfunny ways so...the jury is still out on the "it's going to be fun no matter what" case xD

Jovie20

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Mmmm weeeell I've seen big productions with a great cast and the financial backing of a small nation destroy adaptations of all kinds on different genres and stages in very unfunny ways so...the jury is still out on the "it's going to be fun no matter what" case xD
Fair enough. I'd personally sacrifice a lot good animes to get dubs like this One. Especially considering they can't entirely ruin them when I can always go back to the sub.

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Fair enough. I'd personally sacrifice a lot good animes to get dubs like this One. Especially considering they can't entirely ruin them when I can always go back to the sub.
To be able to choose is a given :D nobody's preference should be above others but it all goes down to character, quality and fidelity (in this case: to the source material) and that should always be the main concern

xXBlueLinkzXx

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
I prefer to watch in sub. Because it's so fascinating Listening to people talk in another lamguage. Plus im also studying japanese so Yeah!

RoninX

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
I will go with Sub, I have seen some movies and series with Dubs that are not bad, but to be true it's not the same, it's impossible to capture all the meanings, the feelings, the tone of the voice, the double meaning hidden behind some of the sentences, all that it's lost during the translation, I would not say that I hate Dub, but if I had the choice, I will pick Subs every single time.

Darshanaveyond1234

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
For me it would depend on the anime. When I started watching Fairy Tail, the english dubbed version was being broadcasted. The actors did a perfect job in dubbing the characters. I loved it. Sadly I had to watch the final season in Japanese and as I had grown accustomed to english dub, I didn't like it.

So I suggest that you release english dub. Well I chose that because it helps me to work on my english:happydroid: .

Alaprexian

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Of course, as every gentleman, i watch my hentai subbed

1594325487084.png