"Application is unavailable in your country"

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,295 happy users since 2014.
Register

SusanS

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Screenshot_20190212-145052_1550001838106.jpg

Don't you get frustrated when you get this error message? Especially when you know that the app you are trying to install IS available in your country! I do! ☹😩😳🤪😵😡😠🤬 So this is how I solved the problem.

First of all, BEWARE. Sometimes when you think you are downloading an app that you want instead you get a malware app, install it and get the error message above. To find it go to your device's download location. It will usually say it is the app you requested, but it will be a lot smaller. For example, the app I am trying to download is the game Critical Strike and the size is 86.35 MB but the APK is much smaller (see screenshot below) Mine says that it is 6.62 MB. (For the purpose of this post I downloaded both files). If I installed the file that is 6.62 MB I would install a malware app that causes those annoying pop-ups or other problems. And over time they can be relentless!
Screenshot_20190212-135505_1549999328279_1550001884498.jpg

After your device installs this malware app it will inform you that "the APK has been installed" and gives you the option to Open it. So you click Open and you get this error message:
Screenshot_20190212-145052_1550001838106.jpg

So where is the malware app that was installed? You can find it in your Apps List with all of your other apps. But it looks different. Go to Setting then click on Apps. Scroll through your list of Apps until you find a space with no name and, in some cases, no icon. All that it will show is the size of the malware app, which is now 29.87 MB. It will look like this:
Screenshot_20190212-145743_1550001729907.jpg

Simply tap on the app and uninstall it in the same way you would any other app. If you have pop-ups that you can't remove, try looking for one of these.

Now, if the above doesn't apply and you have downloaded and installed the actual app you intended to but you're still getting this error message, uninstall the app (you do not need to delete the APK file, just leave it in your Downloads) and turn on your VPN. I have used a few different VPN's and it works great with each one. Currently I use Tunnel Bear. I set the VPN to Canada, Australia, whichever you prefer. So I appear to be in that country now 😉 Go back to Downloads and install the APK again. Yay! Now you can play the game! You can turn off the VPN. No, you do not need to run the VPN while playing your game. You're good to go 😁

Just a thought, take a minute and look through your App List and see if you have a malware app. You may be surprised. They usually are at the very top or at the very end. If you find one I would be interested to know. I happened upon them by chance.

I would love to know if any of this helps anyone and in what way. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks 😃
SusanS

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
What an excellent guide :) I think this can be sticked into the "Game Releases" area! Special thanks to @CordeliaCross for letting me know about this wonderful tutorial :)

Smit24

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Had this happened to me once and it was at the very bottom of my app list! Now when I download something I always look at the app size for the games or app I'm installing ;-)

UnitChiyo

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
This is very insightful and helpful; thank you @SusanS for posting it here. So far I haven't had any malware on my devices, but I'll definitely keep this in mind from now on. Thanks again! I hope more people see this and be informed.

SusanS

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks for the advice 😊
Hi no

Thanks, I have been in hospital so not able to answer any questions or join in as in past. I truly hope this may help anyone.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you very much! Sorry so late to respond. I have just been released from hospital, now with healthy report.😁

UnitChiyo

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi no

Thanks, I have been in hospital so not able to answer any questions or join in as in past. I truly hope this may help anyone.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you very much! Sorry so late to respond. I have just been released from hospital, now with healthy report.😁
I'm glad that you're alright; take it easy and take care. God bless you with continued good health! Have a great day as well!

Bdaumm

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks for the Guide! Oh and when you Install like one of those Malware Apps, I think it requests like to be Administrator or something like that and when that Pops up then you have like a Second Chance to deinstall it before you get those ads. And that sneaky App got the "Settings" Icon and Name, but a kinda old one and I noticed the difference. But on older Phones it could be hard to see.

Oh and when it has that Administrator thing, then it's so hard to get rid of. Because it can't be Uninstalled like a (I call it "System App" like Play Store and so on). You actually need to open the Settings and there is something with App-Administrator (Or how it's called idk) and need to remove it from there first, then you can actually uninstall it. :)
(That's how it happened to me ^.^)

Last edited:

AbduSharif12

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you for sharing this, I've seen so many websites that try to fool the users into downloading their malware instead of the actual app they want to download.

"Application is unavailable in your country" was released by SusanS and 76351 people like you already found this fantastic release! Find this and over 20,000 unique Android Games & Apps like this at sbenny.com, here since 2014 to serve the best Gaming Community in the world with hundreds new, safe and amazing releases every day.