💬 Review As Above, So Below (2014)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,509 happy users since 2014.
Register

ZenoniaLvr

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: As Above, So Below (2014)

A horror film written by John Erick Dowdle and co-written by his brother Drew. The film has a found footage style that revolves around a team of explorers that ventures underneath of Paris, the Catacomb.

Review:
Scarlett, our overpowered protagonist and with many titles in her name, wants to know the secret behind the Philosopher's stone. The stone which makes metals turn into gold and grants an immortal life. She, her cameraman named Benji and her ex-boyfriend George was directed to the Catacombs after finding out how the stone is located half-way to the center of the Earth and the closest way to it was the Catacombs. They learned that the deeper parts in the Catacombs is off-limits but to their luck, a stranger directed them to a man named Papillon that knows the ins and outs of Catacombs.
So with the crew of Papillon, his girlfriend Souxie and their friend Zed with them, they made it to the Catacombs by a different entrance. Hence the beginning of them trekking the depths of hell.
The movie seems like it used Dante's Inferno as reference (Explained by Ending Explained in youtube) for what the crew encounter as they go deeper in the Catacombs. As the only way out of hell is to go down, they experienced how bad hell can be.

I feel like I was drowned and then revive after watching this movie. It was a really hellish ride and there's even a moral in the movie! It's a very good found-footage film. I'd say OP protagonist makes a horror movie more entertaining for me rather than them getting killed because of dumb things.

Would you recommend this to other users? Very highly recommended movie to everyone, except for kids who tends to have nightmares about scary things. It terms of the style of movie, it's almost on par with REC but still not quiet.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐