Bank and SB Cash System

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,983 happy users since 2014.
Register

tangmichael

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
First of all, hello to everybody! :p

In a recent post, I've mention some changes about the banking system which will ultimately affect the economy of the forum.

As I mentioned, it is probably due to the current 100,000 SB Points contest which is affecting the value itself. So to keep the SB Points from inflation, interest rate needs to be lower, thus pushing demands to grow and encourage users to spent more rater than keep SB Points. Ironic as it is, the bank will not be able to serve its purpose to generate income as intended, and will eventually lose customers. From my understanding, new users using the banking system will not be able to rejoice from their investment, as the payout will be long. As counter solution, I think it's best to readjust the interest rate. However, should the bank also reconsider the frequency of transaction, as in a regular bank (or some may not). Limiting the numbers of transactions per month/week or extra fees will force users to reassess the value of SB Points.

The point of this exercise is to maintain a healthy economy system where users will constantly be in need to reevaluate their saving.

Thank you for taking time to read. ;)

<3 Please share your opinion, I'd like to know what you think about this adjustment? <3

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Ohhh, its Global Crisis 2000 all over again....and this is why i takes Biology and History as my extra cours.
Good idea though, maybe you can discuss it more with @Sbenny and the other staff members.
Its a preeettty little changes in my opinion (but hey what do i know, i got B- on Economic....), but should help in long run. Espesially sience SB Points is so easy to get nowadays. Back in my days.....no...i'm not just gonna says that.

Frozenflame

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Basically bank just got nerfed. You cannot rely on the bank to get SB Points anymore; you will have to find some other ways.

We cannot make it too easy to earn SB Points. Maybe bring up the interest rate a little but it wont matter much and you still will not be able to rely on the bank for SB Points.

miyako

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
eh just a thing about too much sbcash. you buy 24,99 for vip but cant even get 1 (!!!!) vip game with 20 bucks. i dunno but that seems very outlandish. also you might get 300 per daily login, its still 100 days (more than 3 months) for getting a vip mod. for getting a normal mod you need at least 2 daily logins. i dont know but if you look into wealthiest user you see that from 30k it goes faster down than anything. so yeah if ylu are active then bravo but slugs/sloths like me who only uses 1 or 2 mods its work to remember coming here for updates and getting points.

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
eh just a thing about too much sbcash. you buy 24,99 for vip but cant even get 1 (!!!!) vip game with 20 bucks. i dunno but that seems very outlandish. also you might get 300 per daily login, its still 100 days (more than 3 months) for getting a vip mod. for getting a normal mod you need at least 2 daily logins. i dont know but if you look into wealthiest user you see that from 30k it goes faster down than anything. so yeah if ylu are active then bravo but slugs/sloths like me who only uses 1 or 2 mods its work to remember coming here for updates and getting points.
If you buy VIP you don't need to use SB Points to unlock the VIP games. They are all free as long as you have VIP status.
Features:
• Full access to our VIP AREA for 30 Days
• Full Access to the "Priority Game/App Requests" section

• Priority Staff Support
• Exclusive "VIP" badge
• Exclusive Username style
• No SB Points required to unlock paid content in the VIP AREA
• No Advertisements shown on the whole forum

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Personally, I like the bank structure the way that it is. Alot of users don't really use it as much as you'd think, however, the ones that do use it, are usually saving up for a bigger ticketed item such as a VIP mod to give them a little boost.

Ilkku

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I was just going to write about this,

What do you think about the possibility to buy higher interest rates? This would likely solve the problem - and make Sbenny's cash system like a cookie clicker, just without clicking.

Another possible solution could be "investing". You can "invest" any amount of money for a certain period of time and the interest rate depends on how long-term the investment is.

During this time period, you cannot touch the money you've invested nor added the amount of it. Forum users could, however, always draw the money they've invested and lose the interest.

Or 🥁 *Drum roll by someone who plays drums*

We could combine those two! It would work this way:

• Practically anyone can invest any sum of SB-cash for a selected time period. For example, the options could be 24 hours, 3 days, A week, Two weeks, A month, Two months, Three months...

• One cannot add or withdraw the money invested during this time period without losing the interest.

• After the time is over, you'll get your money back with a reward (interest) for your patience. The size of this reward would of course exponentially grow, therefore making three-month investments way more profitable, than, say investing one month at a time for three months.

• You may upgrade your relationships with the bank to get better interest rates.

It's actually quite simple and can be modified easily later if there's a need or want or any changes. I didn't have much time, but someone could create an example table of this before I will.

I also feel like it would be more boring to just readjust the interest rate, thought maybe little easier than implementing a new system.