Base.apk showing as a green robot

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,854 happy users since 2014.
Register

sammax71

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
Sometimes I would send a recent version of an app to a friend if they hadn’t received the latest update. I would use ES File Explorer and locate the base.apk in data/app.

Now when I try to do the same thing the base.apk is showing as a green robot and if I send it then it won’t install.

Can anybody explain why this is happening now and if there’s a way for me to rectify the problem.

JohnR

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
The green robot is the Android Symbol itself - i assume the base.apk is zipped or has to be renamed as .apk again manually.

sammax71

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you for your reply.

I’ve attached a picture of what I see when I go into data/app. Before it just used to be the one icon of the game named base.apk and the picture was of the game.

I’m not technical at all. The best I can do is to use Game Guardian. I just get a feeling that it’s splitting the base.apk somehow and maybe I have to put it back together before I can send it to anyone for them to be able to install it.

Attachments

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
Thank you for your reply.

I’ve attached a picture of what I see when I go into data/app. Before it just used to be the one icon of the game named base.apk and the picture was of the game.

I’m not technical at all. The best I can do is to use Game Guardian. I just get a feeling that it’s splitting the base.apk somehow and maybe I have to put it back together before I can send it to anyone for them to be able to install it.
There are some apk that are split but you will see the extension as .apks so you can make out .

sammax71

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
There are some apk that are split but you will see the extension as .apks so you can make out .

Thanks for that.

So it's not a split apk so any reason as to why it's showing as a green robot?

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
Thanks for that.

So it's not a split apk so any reason as to why it's showing as a green robot?
I can't be exactly sure since Im not experiencing this issue
Mi drop / Share me is what I use to send apk's to other phones
Post automatically merged:

This to me looks like you're viewing apk content or have disassembled the apk itself.

The apk you're showing there was renamed from apks extention to just apk and when you click on it using Es file explorer , it shows like its showing now

Last edited:

sammax71

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
All I do is download the app from the Play Store. If you have the time and would like to take a look yourself the game I’m talking about is called Tasty Town.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
All I do is download the app from the Play Store. If you have the time and would like to take a look yourself the game I’m talking about is called Tasty Town.
Its ok , I've seen two games with the split .apks extension
These apks downloaded now from playstore and sent to another device with extension .apks can't be installed on a device the normal way .. you'd have to locate the package with Lucky Patcher or SB Patcher and install it
Post automatically merged:

@sammax71 Open Es explorer , click on the side menu .. Go to library , select apps and see if the Apk shows normal there or also showing like its split

Attachments

Last edited:

sammax71

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
Just in case anybody else comes across this post because they have a similar issue I have found you can install “Split APKs Installer” from the Play Store and it works well. Devices don’t need to be rooted either.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
Just in case anybody else comes across this post because they have a similar issue I have found you can install “Split APKs Installer” from the Play Store and it works well. Devices don’t need to be rooted either.
these apks also can be installed using lucky patcher or Sb patcher if you have the apk

Hamabix3

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Well unfortunately for xiaomi devices(not sure about redmi) it's impossible to install apks since there are no MIUI friendly split apks installer. Tried SAI, LP and SB. Nada.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month