💬 Review Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,280 happy users since 2014.
Register

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson

EA71D0A4-ED27-4053-B180-E58452A137DA.jpeg

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): 📖 eBook Download - Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson

A psychological thriller about a woman, Christine wakes up with no memories about her life. Her only key is a stranger beside her claiming that he is her husband. Everyday our protagonist unveil her past with looming truth behind the mist of her own mind.
Review:
Someone from a forum chimes about this novel so I want to give this a shot. And turns out, this novel is unexpectedly great. I literally could not put this down. It is so thrilling and I love everything about this novel. It’s so addicting and when reading this I feel enraptured, how the writer lead the story will make you want to know more and more. And then you realize you have spend your entire night feasting pages after pages while guessing what is actually happening here.

As the genre of this novel is physiological thriller, you can expect to keep guessing at every revealed hint but personally I think it doesn’t matter as those assumptions is quickly thrown away. My mind was thrown back and forth with absurd theories trying to solve the mystery. I don’t feel bored or sleepy when I read this. In fact every chapters blows my mind away.

The protagonist, Christine is such amazing and complex character. With her amnesia, she ventures head on, determined to unfold mystery about her past life. About her family and friend. And that determination is what makes I love her. I sympathize her, how she trust yet at the same time feel suspicious towards every character even at herself. How frustrating must be for her with memories nothing and no one to help aside her cryptic husband. The writing is so good as I could feel her emotions in almost every sentence.

As for the ending, well let’s just say it was enjoyable.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes of course! If you like psychological thriller this book is worth a shot.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: