Best Digital Ebook Reader?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,882 happy users since 2014.
Register

redfox96

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
As you know, I'm a big fan of reading and all that jazz. I have lots of books in my phone.. I'm not complaining about that, but taking too much of my phone storage is a problem for me. I've been thinking of buying digital ebook reader, anytime soon probably. It sucks how in my country, there's not a single shop that sell digital e-book reader. Whether I like it or not, I have to buy it online which will cost me a lot of money, but whatever :confused: Do you guys have any good digital ebook reader recommendations? Perhaps your friend or family? :eek: and which website is trusted for buying these kind of things besides amazon?

p/s: checked kindle reader on amazon, and it didn't ship to my country! major sucks. :rolleyes:

redfox96

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
haven't tried that app, will surely check it out soon :) what i meant was this kind of digital ebook reader though, like the tablets one especially for books.
I'm pretty sure that's what her app is. I haven't tried it though so I can't say.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
"in my country, there's not a single shop that sell digital e-book reader"

Singapore is nearby and Malaysia of course will be closer by land-travel, if you want to look at the products before making purchasing decisions.

Yes. It was The DEVICE / Hardware itself..that she was talking about.
I understand that as a Muslim girl you will have some rules to follow for travelling alone.

Phone performs well, yes. Just make sure NOT to read too often in the dark with tiny fonts. Your eyes will adjust to that closeness and soon enough you will need spectacle/contact lens for the near-sightness.

A Gadget is a matter of preference.
Just like dresses and girly-accessories. You have to hold it, use it, play with it..for quite some time to get used to and fall in love with it.
:blushdroid:

redfox96

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
"in my country, there's not a single shop that sell digital e-book reader"

Singapore is nearby and Malaysia of course will be closer by land-travel, if you want to look at the products before making purchasing decisions.

Yes. It was The DEVICE / Hardware itself..that she was talking about.
I understand that as a Muslim girl you will have some rules to follow for travelling alone.

Phone performs well, yes. Just make sure NOT to read too often in the dark with tiny fonts. Your eyes will adjust to that closeness and soon enough you will need spectacle/contact lens for the near-sightness.

A Gadget is a matter of preference.
Just like dresses and girly-accessories. You have to hold it, use it, play with it..for quite some time to get used to and fall in love with it.
:blushdroid:
Miri, Sarawak is the nearest Malaysian country though. I hope they are selling one of those digital e-book reader. Didn't get the chance to go there because I'm too broke to renew my expired passport right now. :lol:

Yeah! Tell me about it. That's what happen when you grew up with a strict parents, and don't get me started with curfew TT_TT

I guess that warning is just a little bit too late, because I already am wearing spectacle. It was before I got addicted to reading though. All of us family members wear spectacles, so I guess it's safe for me to blame it on the genetics. :p

As a matter of fact, I may get tired of searching for an e-reader and switch to searching for the cheapest tablet instead then turn it into a reading tablet. Done some research and found a tablet called 'teclast' for $90+. It was kinda okay, but at least I don't have to worry about shipping and all that stuff.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Smart Woman! 👩
Always be that Strong and maintain Your Dignity.

I bought a cheap Tablet for my daugthers too. Games, eBooks, homeworks etc ALL in One package.

Our eyes.. Adjusts. Just understand Retina and force it to Adapt.
Too much close-reading in dark room or Too much squinting at small words/images on far-away places will imbalance the foci of the pupils.
They will Return back to Normal.

Just remember to Balance the usage of our Treasured gift.
I started wearing glasses from early 90s, from reading too much.
Yet now am NOT crippled by specs.
I Only wear it when I need to Drive.

Beta-carotene from Carrots and occasionally enjoy the view of green leaves of plants helps alot.
My Optician always baffled by my case. He saw NO changes on the condition of my eyes for decades.
Unlike most that will usually worsen.

Just Logic and Common sense. How we damage them, we repaired back the same way.
Balance.
:nerdroid:

redfox96

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
thank you for the compliment :D
yeah, cheap tablets works well too. cheap doesn't mean that it's not good.
thank you so much @KentCave for the advice. I really appreciate it! :)

redfox96

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Have you watched Part 2 of the Movie?
The Book Part 2 is still Quite Fresh.
The Author has like 10+ books and ALL has been made into Movies in Indonesia.

Find Dalam Mahrab Cinta. About a Thief repents and become an Ustadz.
Starring Dude Harlino.
I had watched it many times and still love it.

Ketika Cinta Bertasbih also are a series and very well-received too.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month