💬 Review birds of prey: and the fantabulous emancipation of one harley quinn (2020)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,773 happy users since 2014.
Register

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: birds of prey: and the fantabulous emancipation of one harley quinn (2020)

breakups are hard, but they're even harder when everyone is after you. harley quinn is a strong, independent woman who don't need no joker.

Review:
as someone who prefers marvel over dc, i tend to go into dcu movies with lowered expectations because a lot of dcu movies are very hit-or-miss for me... but i have to say that this movie is probably my favorite dcu movie, now. yeah, it even beat out the first wonder woman for that top spot.

i am really digging all these women led movies that are directed by women. first off, i LOVE every single one of harley's outfits. definitely better than the booty shorts and daddy's l'il monster shirt from suicide squad... i also enjoyed how batman and joker are both referenced in the film but never shown, especially since i cared very little for leto's joker to begin with; this lets me imagine whatever joker i want to be in her past. the animation in the opening credits is very nice and reminiscent of the animated series from the 90s (which is where she was born, so to speak). i also really like how colorful the film was. i find that a lot of batman movies tend to have this dark and gloomy look to gotham so it was nice to see pops of fluorescent colors here and there. the movie really reminded me of marvel's deadpool movie in that harley is about as random and unpredictable as wade wilson, and even breaks the fourth wall quite a few times. there was a lot of amazing fighting scenes and fun choreography as well, and the story really fleshes out harley's role as an antihero.

i'm hoping there will be more "birds of prey" movies so we can learn more about huntress, black canary, and cassandra cain as well. i'd love to see how cassandra might eventually become batgirl in the dcu like her comicbook counterpart.

Would you recommend this to other users? yes, i really enjoyed it. it was a fun movie with a lot of action and comedy.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Bluetear

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Harley Quinn is so cool on this movie and so funny I really laugh so hard where the part when the police (I don't remember her name) said freeze but she kept stabbing the man!!