Black Clover vs Jujutsu Kaisen

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,982 happy users since 2014.
Register

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
This seems to be a rather much debated topic among anime fans, so i'll share my opinions on this

1. Story:-
Both of the series have very different stories, in Black Clover, a young kid named Asta dreams of becoming the wizard king, but there's a catch, he can't do magic, but he comes across a magic book (known as 'grimoires', which enhance the capabilities of the user) which provides him a greatblade (big sword) which negates as well as repels magic, so that he can fight mages on equal footing. And he works hard for becoming the wizard king.

Jujutsu kaisen is much darker, A highschooler named Itadori Yuji comes across a cursed object (1 of the 20 fingers of Ryomen Sukuna, demon king of poisons and curses) which puts his friends in danger (i'm shortening the story too much, that's just the outline), In a bid to save them, he swallows the finger, which helps in saving them, but he becomes a reincarnation of sukuna, then he discovers that he is able to supress the demon, due to which a group of sorcerers (Jujutsu Tech) take him under their wing and gather the rest 19 fingers of sukuna in order for itadori to ingest him, then they'll kill him so that the demon dies along with him.

2. Animations:- Both series have nice animations, but Jujutsu kaisen nails it, the animation is just so beautiful,

This is from Jujutsu kaisen

This is from black clover

As i said, both are pretty awesome.

3. Length:- Jujutsu Kaisen has just 24 episodes currently, but it will have more in the future, the series will have it's season 2, but it's not announced yet.

meanwhile, Black Clover has ended the anime (the manga is taking a break, but the anime ended) with a total of 170 episodes.

4. BGM:- Black Clover's background music will give you some sort of knight like feeling (the series is set in medieval times anyway) and jujutsu kaisen will have the modern electric music and such, both series' BGM suits the situation so nothing can be compared in this field.

5. Humor:- I had more laughs from JJK (noting that the story is pretty dark) than Black Clover, But the anti-bird from Black Clover is pretty much fun

What are your opinions on this? Which is better?

Aarj

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
I have read Mangas of both, have not watched animes.
Black Clover is pretty fun to read with its big flashy magic moves and teamwork battles. The worldbuilding is decent, and elf reincarnation arc was really well done. That being said, black Clover has been lately following the standard shonen formula of 'a defeats b. B shows new transformation/technique. Hype. B defeats a'. And the themes of peasant Vs nobles is very ham-fisted.
Jujutsu Kaisen is exactly my type of Series. Although there's glmipses of the kind of thing it wants to be from the begining, it takes a while to really pick up - around 50 chapters or so. Low fantasy grim-dark setting (and a lot of it though implication rather than stated outright), Hunter X Hunter type power restrictions and mechanics etc - basically the idea that, by putting more restrictions on your technique you can make it more powerful in a specific way - and such techniques colliding in exciting-to-follow gritty artwork -- all of this makes for a very very satisfactory reading. The Shibuya Incident arc is probably the best shonen arc of post-2015 era. The characters, somewhat weak point of the series in early chapters, are also really becoming more and more fleshed out now. Kaisen takes a lot of undue criticism from people who are used to certain things, and unwilling to invest time or pay attention in general.
So, yeah, if I had to choose one I will pick Jujutsu Kaisen definitely.
All of this applies to the mangas only. From the little that I have seen, both anime adaptations do their job competently.

darekgough

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I didn't watch Jujutsu Kaisen that is why I am speechless. However, Black Clover is a Japanese manga series. The story centers around Asta, a young boy born without any magic power. This is unknown to the world he lives in because seemingly everyone has some sort of magic power.

Ravenade

Savage Lv6️⃣
Green Thumb
Member for 2 years
Well, both are good. In animation I would pick the Jujutsu Kaisen, Black Clover gives me an old style anime but still good. I just dislike that Asta from Black Clover kept shouting in any episode he is in while Jujutsu Kaisen is a calm type series although it has a dark story.