💬 Review boxtrolls

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,283 happy users since 2014.
Register

myurielbaby

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: boxtrolls

A delightful british stop motion animation film from the same studio that produced the masterpiece that is Coraline! Which if you also haven't seen, i highly recommend!

Review:
In this little town, live the rich, the white hats, who own all the cheese (in this town cheese is very precious, and owning loads of it and different varieties means you're hella rich boi), the poor, the red hats, who are very, vERY low on cheese, and are trying hard to earn their white hats so they can dine like gentlemen), the regular folk, who make up the rest of the city, and underneath, in the sewers, live little trolls that wear their little boxes, like a cartoon turtle wears its shell, and at night, they come up and comb through the trash the people threw out and scavenge for parts they take back to their lair. Now in this cheese loving town, boxtrolls are more than just a pest problem. There was a widely believed rumor that boxtrolls stole a human baby and ate it and made its bones and teeth into jewelry and all kinds of scary stories kids and their parents made up, so that kids will stay off the streets after curfew. The head of the red hats, Archibald, desperately wants a white hat, and to earn a white hat, you must do something heroic! Archibald promises one of our protagonists' absent father, the head of the white hats, that he will exterminate every single boxtroll from their city, and when he does, he will have earned the white hat. Now Lord Portley-Rind, head of the white hats, doesn't want Archibald Snatcher to be a white hat because he's all rotten and weird and bad and mean and just,,, not white hat material ya know? "ew poor" mentality 🤷 buuut he says okay to the deal, because if he really did exterminate all boxtrolls, he'd have saved the town, and he'd be a hero, and that deserves a white hat! Sooo he said yes, the deal was struck, and now Snatcher set a curfew, told everyone to stay at home at nightfall, so that he could catch all the trolls and smash them all with a gigantic hydraulic press. The story is very immersive and full of plot twists, lessons that even some adults haven't learned, and is beautifully animated, with beautifully written characters and you witness amazing character development :) i tried writing down as much as i could without spoiling anything, and i feel like I haven't even said a quarter of the story, there's so much amazing content in just that one movie!!! It's great.

Would you recommend this to other users? i recommend it highly it's one of my favourite movies of all time!!!!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐