💬 Review Breaking Character by Lee Winter

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,422 happy users since 2014.
Register

hyuntokkiii

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Breaking Character by Lee Winter

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): 📖 eBook Download - Breaking Character by Lee Winter

An icy British A-lister Elizabeth Thornton, America’s most-hated villain stars in a top-rated TV medical drama that she hates, being romantically linked to her perky, new co-star, Summer Hayes, due to the young woman’s clumsiness. Summer is devastated when her co-star shuns her for accidentally sparking rumors they’re lovers. Now the so-called British Bitch has the audacity to ask Summer to pretend to be her girlfriend to get her a role. Oh, how she’d love to tell her no. And Summer definitely would if it wasn’t for the fact she’s maybe a tiny bit in love with the impossible woman.

Review:
I’ve been contemplating whether to give 4 stars or 5 stars but I guess it’s an in between? 4.5 stars seems like the perfect rating for me.

I like the story. It’s not heavy and it contains just enough “drama” to go by. I like how light the story felt especially when the main characters got together, or waiting to be together. I love how Elizabeth followed that rule of hers even though she knows that Summer is worth it. It feels different to follow a rule you’ve set and be actually able to do it. It’s like there’s a sense of contentment, and Summer proved that she’s worth it because of that too. It also makes the love deeper and the commitment stronger.

It’s like a breath of fresh air to read a book about actresses and not focus on the “problem” of actresses getting judged and shamed for being gay. It’s not everyday you read a book that shows the different side of entertainment industry, where fans, gay or not, supports a gay ship. How it’s real that people ships two characters just by seeing them together.

I love Summer Hayes. If you happen to find her in real life, don’t let her go. It’s hard to find someone who respects you and your pace. No matter how hard things became to her, she still chose to be selfless. If that’s not true

Just a small detail, I just found it kind of hard reading two POVs for the same scenes. Maybe I just got used to reading just one POV for one scene that I found it unnecessary. We love to know what characters think at certain scenes so I get that double POV, but I think it’ll be fine to leave it as it is. Leave the imagination to readers. I just think that the book could’ve had more storyline if it left out the double POV. But that’s just something personal.
I have to read it again to know whether this book joins the top of my books. Nevertheless I like it a lot. It climb up easily to be a favorite.

Would you recommend this to other users? Everyone reading wlw themed books should read this one. It’s a must. It’s one of those books that you know people will love.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐