💬 Review Bygone Badass Broads: 52 Forgotten Women Who Changed the World by Mackenzi Lee

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,751 happy users since 2014.
Register

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
35888416.jpg

When i first saw this book i thought it was going to be another somehow dull depiction of these women and what awesome things they did through out history, but i was surprised in an amazing way at how these stories are presented.

The writing style is very casual, light, full of modern day references and expressions that in no way lessen the enjoyment or the impact of these women's accomplishments. It actually interested me and made me more absorbed in the stories.

It is a fun read that doesn't really need you to be foused and awake or else you'll miss something or become confused, you can just read it while relaxing and have a few laughs and be amazed all at the same time. (Altough, let me tell you, some of them did pretty weird/drastic/crazy things 😅😅👀)

It also contains some pretty cool illustrations that i just loved. 😍

And one of my favorite women ever now is

Khutulun: 1260–1306, Mongolia

Wrestling Champion of the Ancient World

She was a badass warrior/wrestler who absolutely amazed me, she was strong, respected, smart and generally not to be missed with.
And the best thing about her story is how when everyone started pressuring her to get married she said she'd only marry the man who wins against her in a wrestling match and that every man that loses needs to pay her a 100 horses. Of course she ended up with 10000 horses 😂. But then this happened,

“When one particularly swaggery bro bet one thousand horses he’d pin Khutulun, her parents begged her to throw the match because she needed to just settle down with a nice boy already! Khutulun agreed . . . until she heard the bell and looked that smug dude right in his smug dude eyes, at which point animal instinct took over and Khutulun did what she did best: She threw him to the GROUND.”

and i loved her even more ♡

I'd really recommend this book to everyone not just women. It's fun and it's educational and if you're a woman/girl i hope you feel powerful after reading it the way i did 😁❤

You can get this book on Sbenny Right Here

Last edited: