Can i get a song recommendation?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,845 happy users since 2014.
Register

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
So hey everyone!
I love writing even thought never published any of my writing but still i love em.
But recently i keep getting writer block and usually i would handle this by listening to song that depict romance from ed sheeran and taylor swift.
But those two nowadays almost never wrote a song that are actually slow and calming like jazz and slow country with accoustic guitar as its main instrument seeing as how pop is the trend right now.
So i kinda wanted to see if you guys have any song recommendation that are in english and are kind of similar to [Taylor swift - begin Again, Ed Sheeran - Perfect, Sam Hunt - Take Your Time)
Thank you ^^

EDIT:
And if you can please recommend a song that potray happiness/sadness/new beginning.
I would usually just listen to ed Sheeran photograph when i want some reminiscing/nostalgic scene to write so it will come to my head.
Taylor Swift - Back To December when i need to write a regretful and trying to atone for past mistake scene.
Ed Sheeran - perfect to get me in the mood to write something when i am close to epilogue.
Taylor Swift - Begin Again when i want to write something about the protagonist trying to start from a heartbreaking past for prologue.
But i guess those song along with other that are in my playlist has lost it's magic because of how frequent i used to play them even before i sleep to get something in my head and write them on my notebook.

Last edited:

DLuuuc

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
@crazycupcake not really like Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift, but you can try Nightwish (they're Metal, but Symphonic) - Romanticide, Ghost Love Score, Our Decades in the Sun, The Islander, While Your Lips Are Still Red (preferably live, although the record version is also amazing!). The band had 2 former vocalists (I love them!) but I dare say that the current one is the best! (Her name's Floor Jansen)

I'd like to recommend many of their songs but see first if you'll like them
Here's the link to one of my favorites!

And you might want to check this too! From a TV program in Netherlands (that's Floor)

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
@crazycupcake
I'd like to recommend many of their songs but see first if you'll like them
Here's the link to one of my favorites!

And you might want to check this too! From a TV program in Netherlands (that's Floor)
Ah sadly i really cant with the first one since i need a calm and serenade vibe around me but still romantic and that one was too loud. But the second one was nice! I always liked shallow from A Star is Born but hated that there's too much screaming in it or what people would call high note.
Thanks Luuc!

DLuuuc

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
@crazycupcake oh, sorry my bad, I haven't thought of that, I'm really sorry 😥... There's two versions of Shallow in that series, the other one being a duet...

Anyway you could still try - While Your Lips are Still Red, Meadows of Heaven...

Uhm, could you try this? Sorry to bother! 🙏

Post automatically merged:

Romantic in a way though not to your SO, I should probably recommended this

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
@crazycupcake oh, sorry my bad, I haven't thought of that, I'm really sorry 😥... There's two versions of Shallow in that series, the other one being a duet...

Anyway you could still try - While Your Lips are Still Red, Meadows of Heaven...

Uhm, could you try this? Sorry to bother! 🙏

Romantic in a way though not to your SO, I should probably recommended this

You're not a bother at all :D
But sadly once again i must say i am sorry even thought you're kind enough to show me these but none are of my liking since both of them are too loud.
Umm... let see to make it simple i like listening to music that are more dominated by the singer voice and complimented by accoustic guitar and no other instument to create humming melody.
It's a good song i must admit and i would love to listen to it while on my morning jog but not right now when i am writing in seclusion of my room :)

DLuuuc

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
@crazycupcake 😅... I'm a Metal fan so that seems light to me, haha... Sadly I knew nothing of songs that fits your description, I forgot about them now... When I'm younger I also listened to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and some Backstreet Boys, A1 and West life haha, but I switched to Punk Rock later 'cause I'm rebelling haha... Then not satisfied with Punk Rock, I switched to Heavy Metal and the likes...

Thank you for listening though!

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
@crazycupcake 😅... I'm a Metal fan so that seems light to me, haha... Sadly I knew nothing of songs that fits your description, I forgot about them now... When I'm younger I also listened to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and some Backstreet Boys, A1 and West life haha, but I switched to Punk Rock later 'cause I'm rebelling haha... Then not satisfied with Punk Rock, I switched to Heavy Metal and the likes...

Thank you for listening though!
No, no, no, thank you!
I am not saying i dont like metal and stuff, in fact i love listening to them when i am sleepy to keep me awake and when i jog in 5 am xD
Well anyway again thank you for trying to help i really apreciate it.

Last edited:

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
Mmmmm i think i get what you are looking for :D Here it goes!:

BUT ESPECIALLY:

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
Mmmmm i think i get what you are looking for :D Here it goes!:

BUT ESPECIALLY:

OMG Hatter you're such a ray of sunshine in this already hot weather. I really love those song especially the morchebba and keaton henson. Thank you so much, got more?

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
OMG Hatter you're such a ray of sunshine in this already hot weather. I really love those song especially the morchebba and keaton henson. Thank you so much, got more?
Awwww yas..compliment me moar!

Mmmmm.......let's see....Hotter or Colder?

Wait.....Did i really forgot Portishead? >_>...i'm almost ashamed of myself.

Also, try this!

Last edited:

MxllxLea

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Ok so what do I have in my playlist... Well seems like I don't have much "English" songs I'm sorry 😂
But fortunately I got some in my mind :

And some nice covers too :
I like this version too 👇
And finally, for this one... because it's originally in Korean (Well not sure tho 🤔) I found for you a nice version in English.

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
Awwww yas..compliment me moar!

Mmmmm.......let's see....Hotter or Colder?

Wait.....Did i really forgot Portishead? >_>...i'm almost ashamed of myself.

Also, try this!

OOOO!!!
ANOTHER GREAT ONE FROM THE ALREADY GREAT HATTER!
*insert more compliment with a lot of exaggeration here*
but really those are great Hatter!
I like macy gray and Alanis Morisette the most.

Ok so what do I have in my playlist... Well seems like I don't have much "English" songs I'm sorry 😂
But fortunately I got some in my mind :

And some nice covers too :
I like this version too 👇
And finally, for this one... because it's originally in Korean (Well not sure tho 🤔) I found for you a nice version in English.
Ah all of em are great!
None actually goes to "Not Interested" List.
I really love them all!
but my favourite would be the first three.
And i know the last song! i really love the korean vers and dont know about there's an english one exist.
thank you so much!

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
OOOO!!!
ANOTHER GREAT ONE FROM THE ALREADY GREAT HATTER!
*insert more compliment with a lot of exaggeration here*
but really those are great Hatter!
I like macy gray and Alanis Morisette the most.
Yass!! Everyone! Pet your new god! Long may i reign!! \o/

Also, these!

Also, a cover of the popular song "Lady In Red" that i absolutely love:

chere100

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Well, it's mostly not in English, but how about a beautiful self love song? :D I recommend BTS member Jin's solo Epiphany. On youtube the CC button typically provides subtitles if needed.
Sorry, I don't have any full English recommendations. 😓 I haven't been actively searching for English speaking music for a while so I haven't been hearing much new from that language. Love related music or even just slow and calming I definitely have not been hearing out of English. Some Billie Eilish and Lizzo made it's way to me recently, but I'm pretty sure those aren't what you'd be looking for. :)

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
Well, it's mostly not in English, but how about a beautiful self love song? :D I recommend BTS member Jin's solo Epiphany. On youtube the CC button typically provides subtitles if needed.
Sorry, I don't have any full English recommendations. 😓 I haven't been actively searching for English speaking music for a while so I haven't been hearing much new from that language. Love related music or even just slow and calming I definitely have not been hearing out of English. Some Billie Eilish and Lizzo made it's way to me recently, but I'm pretty sure those aren't what you'd be looking for. :)
Ah really appreciate the recommendation but sadly i am mainly looking for accoustic and jin epiphany kinda use the keyboard instrument with some computer editing thus why i rarely goes to kpop when i am writing something even thought i am a really hardcore kpop fans seeing at how many fandom i keep track of and so many lightstick i have spent my money on xD.

"moon girl" by will cookson
i cant find moon girl but i find treehouse moon instead by the same artist and really most of her(sorry if i got the gender wrong) song are really good!
thanks for the rec.

Yass!! Everyone! Pet your new god! Long may i reign!! \o/

Also, these!

Also, a cover of the popular song "Lady In Red" that i absolutely love:

Are you a robot? how can you have this many song in your playlist?!
I always thought that you are a metal and rock fan and probably will rarely listen to this kind of genre seeing at what kind of song/music you usually post in the chat but wow...color me surprised.
You are really awesome, thanks Hatter!

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
Idk about your taste but imma recommend these:
1. Birdy- all about you
2. Ruben- Lay by me
3. Dean Lewis- be alright
4. Tate McRae- one day
5. IU- the age of the cathedrals
Those song you recommended are definetely what i am looking for right now!
And ah birdy, i only listened to skinny love and it's amazing but never had a time to look more into her song.
Thanks Amy!

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Those song you recommended are definetely what i am looking for right now!
And ah birdy, i only listened to skinny love and it's amazing but never had a time to look more into her song.
Thanks Amy!
I love birdy~ you're welcome glad I could help! I'll recommend again if I found more! 💜